“good deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Albany
new haven, ct
“good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Something happened when I was writing my last review and most of the review is not posted and it just drops off in midsentence.

We were having a terrible time getting a place that would allow a small dog without charging ridiculous prices (up to $100 a night at the new Marriott - more than the room cost!). I know the EconoLodge only charges ten bucks or so but wanted a nicer place this time. Crest Hill only charged $15. When we got there I was informed that I would have to take a smoking room because of the dog. When I complained that I wasn't told that the desk clerk called a manager and said we could have a regular room. So, we headed up to the room and were all nestled within when she called and said, I'm so sorry, I forgot to change your room!

We never changed - if she hadn't said anything I never would have known this was a smoking room - unbelieveable! Any hotel that has a smoking room that you can't tell is a smoking room deserves kudos.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I liked the cleanliness of the hotel, the staff was very friendly and attentive. I will always stay at CrestHill when traveling to Albany.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Room was large and lovely and very clean. Good location by I-90 for easy access to the city.
Vey happy with everything. Some highway noise -- next time will ask for a room away from I-90.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

This was a nice hotel. We stayed one night as a stopover on our way to Boston. It was easy access off I-90. I stayed with my 24 yr old daughter and her boyfriend. Room had a good size kitchen, living room area and two double beds. The room felt spacious for 3, not at all crowded. There was a managers reception at night with free wine and beer plus some food (chips and dip). In the morning there was a pretty good complimentary breakfast. I'd stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Rutland, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

First and foremost I would like to say how amazed I was by the housekeepers honesty. My 13 year old daughter left her IPOD touch in the room and did not realize it until 3 days after leaving the hotel. I called the front desk, and I just couldn't believe it, they had it there. They offered to ship it home to me as well. The hotel itself was great. The lobby was very welcoming and the complementary food and drink was a very nice touch. The pool was perfect and the room was very clean and well kept. We had an amazing time. I will stay here everytime I am in Albany!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
camarillo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

After our first night stay, we came back to our room and were surprised that the only thing that the maid had actually done was make the bed. the bathroom, carpets, and kitchen were left alone. We thought this was an exception, but when it happened again the next day, we realized that we were leaving a tip for basically nothing being done. Even the coffee pot wasn't touched.
As for the front desk service, they seemed more interested in reading their magazines or talking in the back room than in helping out guests. Example-when we asked what would the weather was like for the next day, they said we could look it up on the internet. This is information they could easily provide. Also, the printer for the guest computers was never fixed while we were there. It did not seem to be much of an issue to them.
There are three shining exceptions to what was otherwise ghastly customer service: the two women who set up breakfast in the morning and Phil, the shuttle driver were all friendly and courteous.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hollis, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

We booked two nights in a two bed studio. Upon entering the room, I had an immediate allergic reaction to some sort of smell in the room. I realize I am ultra sensitive, but my husband had issue too. We went to the front desk and was given keys to two other rooms. The first alternate was almost as bad as the first. The second was much better and we were able to stay the night. The beds were hard as a rock, the floor was lumpy. (We were on the first floor.) We changed hotels the next day and will be canceling our reservations for June.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to CrestHill Suites Albany? Share your experiences!