“Great room for the price” 4 of 5 stars

CrestHill Suites Albany
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1415 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12206   |
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Boston, MA
“Great room for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I chose CrestHill Suites online, and was very happy with the room when I arrived--kitchenette, living room area, bedroom and bathroom were spacious and clean. My only gripe was that the room was very cold, possibly because I was at the end of the first floor hallway farthest from the "core" of the hotel. But I turned the heater up and the room became comfortable fast.

It's hard to beat the price (including tax, my room was around $93). I've been in really scary hotel rooms which cost $40+ more than what I paid here.

The hotel does suffer from two very common problems: no handy electrical outlet by the bed (to charge phone), and bright lights outside which make the bedroom hard to darken enough for great sleep. I may follow one traveler's recommendation and start packing alligator clips to hold hotel room curtains together tightly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We are glad to hear your comments and even suggestions for improvements so we can best suit our guests needs. There are outlets on both sides of the bed behind the end tables however I do know they can be tricky to reach! We hope you return to our hotel the next time your travels bring you to Albany!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Kirkwood, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on December 20 after dropping my young adult kids at the airport. I have become a picky traveler as I grow older. Little things can gross me out. I read many reviews for this hotel, and some were so bad I almost turned away. A few complaints regarded smoking. I do not smoke, and could not tolerate getting stuck near a smoking area. I called ahead, and was promised I would be placed far away; that promise was kept. I arrived to find a smart lay out, and everything was perfect. The little kitchen, attached to a neat little living room, all clean and welcoming. Attached was a bedroom, with a door, and inside, a bathroom and closet. Two televisions, wifi, two heat zones. Honestly, a cute little apartment. All for $96.00, which had actually scared me, seemed to good to be true.Two things I hated- the lumpy blanket- it was like a comforter that had been washed and the filling did not redistribute, which I solved by requesting an extra blanket from housekeeping ( got it fast)and a small stain on the couch (so I sat on the other end), which a quick scrubbing could have taken care of. These were tiny problems though. The bathroom and kitchen and bedding were spotless. The bed was very comfortable, and water pressure in the shower was fantastic. I had tentatively reserved a 2 bedroom to stay in with my kids when I got them back on the 30 th. ( I figured if I hated it, I would cancel). We are definitely staying there. Finally...I did not eat the offered continental breakfast, or the surprise offering of a lite fare dinner, with beer and wine ( no extra charge) because I wanted to check out the area. I got lost, of course. The front desk clerk talked me through the directions, and was very kind. I would recommend this place to a friend. Make sure you book it through the hotel itself, and the smoking issues won't effect you.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for posting a review and I am so happy you felt at home at our hotel. We consider each guest family and would be glad to welcome you home again the next time your travels bring you to Albany.
syracuse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my second time staying at CrestHill Suites. This hotel is an exceptional value. Front desk staff was very friendly. Compared to other chain hotels, the breakfast offered was above par. Always something hot...pancakes...waffles, eggs/bacon etc. During the week they offer evening options too. Room was clean, very spacious and comfortable. Bed was very comfortable too. I highly recommend staying at this hotel...can't beat the value!

Room Tip: Have stayed in both second and third floor rooms, both were great!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Many times, something takes place that strikes a nerve in you, that something must be done about it. This is one of those times. In fact, I have never been down this road before.
I need to tell you about a property called Cresthill Suites, in Albany, NY. It is located across from SUNY- Albany on Washington Avenue. I have had the pleasure of spending an extended amount of time at this hotel, during a training program I was attending. One of the main reasons a person chooses a hotel is cleanliness. Upon arriving I noticed a kept parking lot and a cozy, welcoming entrance. The main lobby and dining area were neat and orderly, as patrons moved about. My suite was quite comfortable, well-stocked and very clean. The most impressive thing was the staff. Everyone was warm and accommodating, especially Galla. She drives the hotel shuttle and maintains the lobby. But more than that, she makes her guests feel right at home. I have stayed at hotels in the past and have never received the level of personal service Galla provided. Cresthill Suites is an excellent choice for price, comfort and exceptional service. You should consider this hotel, if you ever visit Albany.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and I am glad to hear that Galla and the rest of the staff are taking good care of you. We are happy you felt right at home here at Cresthill and hope to see you again should your travels ever bring you back to Albany.
Middletown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a revolving door hotel to the tenth degree. Still have smoking rooms and floor - really??? Lobby seemed warm and inviting, with free food and coffee, however once I got to my room smelled heavy cigarette smoke from hallway and previous guest. Asked to change rooms since I don’t smoke and was told - sorry sold out - have to stay. There is wear and tear everywhere - carpet, walls, floors, bathroom, towels, furniture, closets, iron, too many to list. Left all my clothes in the bag as the smell permeated everything. Hotwire hotel booking.
I sucked it up and stayed the night, however opened all windows so i could breath (was Mid October and nighttime temp hit 47 degrees- tells you how desperate I was for clean air).
Will never stay again – find nicer, cleaner and newer hotel- avoid hotwire if you need to.

Room Tip: Non Smoking floor or rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am truly sorry you were disappointed with your accommodations. We try to honor all of our requests for non-smoking or smoking no matter where they book their reservation however sometimes it is not possible. We are also in the process of renovating our rooms. We have put brand new beds and bed coverings, new chairs at the breakfast bar, new bathroom floors and cabinet tops as well as flat screen tvs. We are awaiting even more new items like couches,new living room chairs, new carpet and new kitchen floors!
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed on this property over the last year and a half. It is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, it is well located and price comparable to its neighbors. I would only give it a couple of recommended improvements if they wish.
1) Water pressure- like many hotels with large numbers of rooms this was weaker than my shower at home but acceptable
2) The breakfast is a bit chinsy but in line with what I have found at other hotels in this range

Room Tip: avoid the rooms facing the NY thruway if possibe, the traffic noice can be a bit loud during the nig...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay. We are so glad you returned to our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay. Also thank you for your suggestions and we hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Bathroom had mole. Dirty towels. Pretzels left behind by previous costumers in room. No fixed rates, surprised taxes of over $30 beside rate of room. They charged my card when checked in although I chose to pay cash. Now I have to wait for my money to be placed back on card. Horrible hotel, ill never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We did inspect the room and found no sign of the mold that you suggested so if you could call me direct I would like to speak with you so I can be sure I have the right room. Also all of our guests must present a credit card upon check in and that credit card is authorized for the amount of your stay plus incidentals. If you pay cash upon checkout the authorization is released back to your credit card and this can take several days to occur depending on the bank. I am sure by now that has been released. If not please call me and I will see what I can do to speed up the process. Thank you.

Been to CrestHill Suites Albany? Share your experiences!