“AMAZING STAY AMAZING STAFF” 5 of 5 stars

CrestHill Suites Albany
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1415 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12206   |
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Albany
syracuse
“AMAZING STAY AMAZING STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have been staying here a few times a year for the last 4 yrs, as my daughter was a SUNY student ( she just graduated this weekend) I dont think i have stayed anywhere like this before! The front desk staff know me by name!! An amzing feeling...they ask about my family and are helpfull in so many ways.. The rooms are amazing!! Free breakfast and dinner on week nights is a wonderful perk..The house keeping staff are on thier game..the rooms are so clean.. Graduation weekend was amazing here and i honestly hope something brings me backt o albany so i can stay here again,,JOB WELL DONE

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cresthill, Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation. We are glad you enjoyed your 4 years here and we hope you stay with us again should your travels bring you to Albany.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We thought that we might like to stay overnight after attending our son's graduation. Upon checking in to our room, we were overcome with an awful smell. We tried to call the front desk, but the telephone didn't work. We tried to turn on the light, and it didn't work. Then, we went into the bathroom and found black lace underwear hanging on the hook. The front desk changed us to another room. This room's toilet had not been cleaned.....disgusting. I slept in my clothes and will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all feedback whether it is positive or negative so we may use it as an opportunity to train our staff. This is definitely not our standard at CrestHill Suites as we take the cleanliness of our hotel very seriously. I apologize for your experience and will be discussing this with my staff to insure it does not happen again. I believe my assistant general manager has also attempted to contact you via email to discuss this with you. Please call me if your travels bring you to Albany again. I would love for you to stay here and see that this was an unfortunate exception rather than the norm. Thank you.
Warwick, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I booked a reservation through Hotwire and did not know the hotel I was getting but it was guaranteed to be a 3 star hotel.I found out it was Cresthill Suites. I called the hotel to make sure we were getting a non-smoking room as I was traveling with my elderly mother who has health issues. I spoke to a hotel clerk who very nastily told me that because you booked through hotwire that you get what you get. I spoke with a manager Carrie Stevens who repeated this to me that you get what you get,but she would put a request in for me,but we are not guaranteed and the argument proceeded. I am so appalled at the lack of customer service right off the bat and the way I am being treated. I paid $93.19 for the room so it is not as if I paid nothing for the room but I am being treated terrible with no regards to my elderly mom. This trip was suppose to be a mother's day present to her.I am so sorry that I booked with this hotel.Do not recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Do not book with Hotwire and do not stay at the Cresthill Suites!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review online. We do participate with third party on line booking channels like Hotwire and some of those channels sell what is refered to as "run of house'. This means that the hotel may assign whatever room type is available at the time of booking and does not guarantee the type of room. It also allows for a discount that is lower that our regular room ratefor that date because of the flexibility of room assignment. We do the best we can to accomodate requests as we want all our guests to be happy.
Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I had an overnight flight and was arriving around 9:30 am. I called the day before, and they put a note on my file to give me a room early, if one was available. When I arrived, there was a king-size, handicapped-accessible room available (which I didn't need, but loved the walk-in shower instead of a tub-shower combo). It was wonderful to be able to relax in a room immediately.

The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, we had an issue with the icemaker in the room not making ice, but maintenance took care of things quickly and the front desk gave us ice from the kitchen to tide us over.

The free breakfast was plentiful, but very carb-heavy. The only meat protein was sausage. There were cereals, instant oatmeals, yogurt, fruit, bagels, english muffins, toast, apple breakfast cake, make-your-own waffles, orange juice, apple juice, milk, hot cocoa and coffee. I think an addition of a crustless cheese quiche or baked egg casserole or even scrambled eggs would not be difficult and it appears they have the right equipment for it.

I was surprised that there were kids and teens running and being very noisy in the hallway. This isn't a cut-rate motel, after all. Apparently a highschool sports team was staying over and were not schooled on how to behave in public. They eventually settled down (or left, perhaps) and the rest of the stay was quiet. Well, except for that fire alarm at 1 o'clock in the morning.

Yes, despite the hotel-wide fire alarm at 1:07 in the morning, I will stay here again. The alarm could have been better handled by the staff, whose only communication with the guests while we were standing outside in 40 degree, windy weather, was at the conclusion with "sorry for the inconvenience." Some staff chose to stay inside where it was warmer, in the lounge area. I would not say that is a good example to set for guests.

Yes, "sorry for the inconvenience." Not "we'll have a special breakfast in the morning to attempt to make up for it", not "here's a 10% coupon for your next visit"... nothing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The staff were very friendly. The rooms were very clean. They had comfortable beds. Each has their own kitchenette. Dominick prepared breakfast and dinner. He was very friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. Located across from the State Office Buildings and Albany College.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cresthill, Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you to the Albany area!
New Windsor NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I booked this hotel via Hotwire.com and was happy to read the reviews on Tripadvisor after learning where we would be staying. I had to add my review because our experience was so perfect even I was surprised. From our first step through the door, comfortable lounge/breakfast area - with big screen TV, comfy couches, fireplace, coffee/tea available all day we were satisfied - even before meeting Dominick who checked us in, offered transportation/shuttle, ideas for dining & detailed all services offered by Cresthill Suites. Our room was more than expected - cute kitchen area, stocked with anything we could possibly need (refridgerator, dishwasher, oven, pots, pans, dishes, glasses, utensils) which we didn't need, given we only stayed one night. The "living room" was comfortable with a flat screen TV, pull out sofa, comfy chair with footstool. The king sized bed was another surprise - extemely comfortable, too many pillows (not a complaint) and CLEAN - by that I mean NO BEDBUGS...I do check as this is a fear for me! I'm telling all my friends who have kids in college in Albany, visit for medical care, or just go to visit family, as I did, to check out Cresthill Suites! OMG forgot to mention the delicious hot breakfast...pancakes, sausages, cereal, yogurt, granola, bagels, toast, english muffins, and GREAT coffee!!!! I will definitelyl make this my go-to place to stay when I return to Albany and my daughter can't put me up!!

huntington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

This will be my 3rd time staying at Cresthill. I picked it the 1st time because of how close it was to the college and now it’s the only place I’ll stay when I visit. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the staff friendly and willing to help. Try not to miss the social hour and Dominic’s Mac and cheese is the best I have ever had.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to CrestHill Suites Albany? Share your experiences!