“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Albany, New York
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am a Mr. Fuji clifton park girl at heart, but now that I work in Albany I have visited the Albany location several times and it is just as dependable as the CP location. I even saw one of the waiters who remembered us from the other location, he remembered my name and my friend's name who wasn't even with me. Thats the kind of service you get at Mr Fuji! They treat their customers very well and they care about their regulars. The service is fast, although I make it a point to go after the lunch rush. The last time, I got there around 1 in the afternoon and had the place to myself. I love that the food is consistent at both locations and so is the warm service. You cannot go wrong. The quality of their sushi is unbeatable, their prices are fair, and their ginger dressing is TO DIE FOR. I would buy bottles of this stuff!

Visited August 2012

Slingerlands, New York
“Hibachi dinners were wonderful. Beet ice cream?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Skipped the sushi, and went to the back of the menu for this trip! We had hibachi dinners, one shrimp and scallops, one chicken. We asked for light on the oil in the cooking and they did as asked.

Started, as usual with shrimp shumai, appetizer of small shrimp dumplings, which are a bit salty, but delicious. Miso soup, hot, simple and delicious. Salad, with a "ginger dressing" which is good, but is, for me, just a bit too much like Russian.

The dinners were great, served with fried rice, and vegetables (hibachi) on the side. Two dipping sauces were provided, one sweet, the other a mustard sauce which was really wonderful. I could not get the recipe out of them.

Dessert-ice cream, "beet", vanilla, or "green tea". The green tea was dark green, but tasted more like chocolate. The beet was pink, not sure really what it tasted like.

Great food, nice atmosphere, attentive service. This is one of our "go to" places.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salem, New York
“Good food, good value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Staff was very attentive and the food was great! I could tell it was fresh! I thought it was very good value as well, expected to pay more, and would have, enjoyed my visit!

Visited February 2012
Albany, New York
“You'll love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Mr. Fuji is my favorite place in the Albany area to get sushi. The fish is fresh and the presentation always knocks my socks off. The dinner boxes are a tremendous deal... try the beef teriyaki box... the meat is delicious and cooked to the temperature you ask for... the tempura is crispy... for $17, what a great deal. If you go during lunch, the lunch boxes are $10. Fantastic. Enjoy your meal when you go.

Visited June 2012
Slingerlands, New York
“Wonderful food, service. Heaven for soup lovers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Back again, one of many trips. This time, unlike others, on a Saturday night, very busy, and the previously mentioned overattentive service was just attentive and good. No offense meant, but our waitress spoke English well, to the point that she could joke with us, and was not as timid as waitstaff in the past. I changed my usual order, and had a seafood udon soup. Wonderful, huge portion of very hot soup with scallops, shrimp, clams, two pieces of shrimp tempura, lots of udon, and ecen a boiled egg! All in an iron pot. Also this time brought two sushi loving family members Who gave the sashimi great reviews. They had uni (sea urchin) apparantly not easy to find, and harder to find fresh. Said it was great. Lots of green tea and water glasses kept filled complimented a great meal. The staff is always pleasant and welcoming.

• Visited February 2012