My wife and I stayed at the Days Inn & Suites for two nights. Normally Days Inn is a nice place to stay but this one was borderline. When we entered the room we were hit with a faint smell of dead animals. I contacted the main desk and they were booked up and couldn't give us a different room but they sent a woman to check out the smell and fix it. The woman told me that animals sometimes come in the air conditioning vent and get into the air conditioners. We left her to check the room and then spray air freshener. With the room freshened, the smell was removed, or at least lowered to a level that it didn't bother us.
The room was small and tightly arranged. The bathroom was clean but there was no soap in the bathroom and I had to get some from the desk. Taking a shower in the morning I found that there were only two settings for hot and cold water: on and off. There was no way to regulate the temperature of the water; it was lukewarm or cold. If we tried to turn on only the hot water in the shower, there was no water at all so it's possible that the lukewarm was only the cold water. But the water was warm enough to shower in. The room had an upholstered chair but the surface of the chair was sticky with the sweat of past tenants and probably hasn't been cleaned since the chair was purchased many years ago. My wife kept complaining that the clock radio was blinking. I kept having to reset the time on the clock and shortly we'd see the clock blinking again. Finally on our last day there I figured out that the electrical outlets were all controlled by the room light switch. If you turned out the overhead light, you cut power to the clock radio and any electronics you were trying to charge.
There is a pool but it is too small to swim in. It's perfect for standing in and walking around in and for kids to play.
The breakfast room was nice as long as there were no people in it. Once breakfast was served the room was filthy. The residents of the motel spilled everything everywhere both mornings we were there and the overworked attendant was not up to cleaning. The best time to eat breakfast is at 6:30 AM when the breakfast room opens. It's clean and anyway, by 8:30 AM they've run out of most items.
The Days Inn has two buildings, an older motel building with drive-up entrances to the rooms and a newer building with access to the rooms off of corridors. On the Days Inn web site, rooms of equivalent size were the same price whether in the old building or in the new building. We were placed in the old building. The next morning I asked if we could transfer to an equivalent room in the new building and I was told that I had to pay $42 extra for the transfer because I got my room via a third party web site. This is the second time in a month that a motel put me into an inferior room and told me that if I wanted a nicer room I should have reserved directly through them and not used a third party web site to book.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Albany Hotel Albany
- Baymont Inn And Suites Albany Hotel
- Comfort Inn Albany
- Albany Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a newly renovated property with 2 buildings - The suites are all interior entrance and the Standard rooms are exterior entrance. The pool and breakfast area are both in the suites building - The suites offer upgraded amenities and some have a twin size pull out sofa bed. The standard building has two floors - no elevator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Wyndham, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn and Suites Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.