“Great place, great price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angel's Cafe

Angel's Cafe
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albany
Angel's Cafe
You added Angel's Cafe to your Saves list
96 Madison Ave, Albany, NY 12202   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Albany B&B and Inns
Twin City, Georgia
“Great place, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a historical building. The cafe is on the lower level but it's currently only open on weekends. Apparently there's not enough business to keep it open during the week. Guest rooms are upstairs.

My room was great--clean, comfortable, and attractive. I was surprised at how quiet is was considering that it's on a busy street. (My room was on the back corner.)

I was the only guest for the night that I was there. Angela let me choose what I wanted for breakfast. I just wanted something simple and light, but what she served was very nice.

The B&B is within walking distance of downtown, so it is very convenient. I rode the city bus from the train station (runs every half hour and costs $1.50) and the bus stop is within a block of the B&B.

It's a great value. I compared it with downtown hotels and this was definitely the best choice.

I had a little difficulty setting up my reservation because phone calls were not always returned promptly and emails seemed to go astray, but my persistence in tracking down Angela and confirming my reservation was worth the effort. Also, Angela was gracious enough to meet me at 10:30 a.m. to check me in early. She's a very pleasant person.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business

Been to Angel's Cafe? Share your experiences!