“Unclean, rude, infested and dangerous” 1 of 5 stars

You added Scottish Inn Albany to your Saves list
Scottish Inn Albany
1384 Central Ave., Albany, NY 12205   |
Ranked #39 of 49 Hotels in Albany
“Unclean, rude, infested and dangerous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Scottish Inn Albany last night.
Staff insisted that we paid more than quoted price. (Not tax) Room really smelt of vinegar for some reason. Room had been cleaned at a glance, but not with any enthusiasm. Corners had build up of dust, toe nails and hair. Bedsheets were clean, but they smelt a little of smoke. Other customers were in parking lot all night long smoking weed. The manager (I think) joined them in the morning. Did not feel safe here. Woke up with bites on my legs and arms which were not their yesterday. Same with girlfriend. No breakfast as advertised, no gym as advertised. Wifi did not work. Disgraceful.

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was very upset after I pressed the Button on Hotwire and read the reviews of the Scottish Inn.
I called Hotwire to complain and they told me that Hotwire Guarantees a clean room within a clean environment.
Next I called the location and the manager assured me that the reviews were incorrect.
He was right.
Except for lack of promised morning coffee this was a very Acceptable 5 nite stay.
The bathroom was clean & properly cleaned daily. They even replaced the extra towel each day..
This place has been given a bad Rap.

• Stayed August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Staying in this hotel was a nightmare. When I booked a room I asked for non smoking, but when we arrived a manager in very rude manner told us “take it or live it, we don’t have non smokers here”. There was a smell of urine coming from dirty carpet and AC unit, also half empty bottle of soda on the table from previous guest . The bathroom was a disaster, we afraid to use a shower and used a toilet after intensive cleaning. Guests next room been very loud, manager was very rude and obnoxious. Avoid this place, will not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Rome, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Seems most others shared the same experiences---wish I knew beforehand. Not like pictures I have seen advertised.
Needed a place last minute for one night.
Only nice thing was linens seemed clean, although not high quality and not mended well-but didn't expect the best. TV worked ok. Noise in room upstairs most of stay-even could hear talking in shower!
Dirt on walls-massive amounts of fingerprints and brown substance(s) smudged on bathroom walls--(opted not to shower there), mold/mildew on shower curtain and tub surround. Cobwebs on all lights-difficulty communicating with man behind desk in english--he kept getting louder when I didn't understand (not helpful), repairs to walls amatuer at best-furniture old and tattered. Signs were there, but was willing to try--only couple cars in lot, buzz in for service, abandoned looking vehicle (snow covered and no tracks) around, pull behind camper in edge of lot (probably better option than room)
WORST OF ALL-woke to ants - hundreds of them - crawling all over nightstand--inches from my head!!! I quickly left---
No fridge/microwave or coffee availalbe as stated on their website--gym area and breakfast-where? not even mentioned at checkin--Not a chain I will use/recommend--so much for truth in advertising, eh?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Scarsdale, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I could not fathom the question the manager asked of me when I asked to view the quality of the room first. He asked me, "Please don't destroy the room"? Now mind you "I" have never stayed at this motel before, and I should have chosen a much better place to stay for a night. I room was atroshous to say the least. Paint peeling of the bathroom door, grime on the shower walls. This is a welfare motel, I could get a sense of criminal activity here.

Room Tip: Enough said.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I basically concur with the past few reviews though I've seen worse. It was listed as a two-star but didn't even have shampoo. Tissue holder apparently had been empty since 1983. The bottom step of the stairwell leading to second floor was propped up with wood and bricks. I wish I had a camera for that one. I forget the rest of the problems. Hotwire downgraded them and gave me a future credit. That satisfied me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
long island new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Dirty, smelly..do not go here. Booked through discount Hotwire "secret deal" which mentioned name brand hotels...ended up with this and they would not refund. Hotwire told us to go and check it out and if not acceptable to call them then. They did not stand up to their word. Wanted us to try another room in same place. Spider webs, cigarette butts...trash on the steps. Yuk!
I have photos, but you wouldn't want to see them!

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Scottish Inn Albany? Share your experiences!