“Worst Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 - Albany Airport

You added Motel 6 - Albany Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 - Albany Airport
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1600 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12205 (Formerly Americas Best Inn; Ambassador Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Albany
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

I had booked my reservation thru a travel service after reading all the wonderful reviews given to this hotel....and I never dreamed I would receive such forward and disgruntled behavior considering my chirpy, soft spoken demeanor.

I called to clarify an extra charge placed on my account by the hotel after speaking with my credit card company and the travel service...I started off with hi, I am calling in regards....I was immediately cut off by..."no! we're not hiring!" I responded, no I'm not seeking employment, I made a reservation at your hotel through so and so, I would like to confirm my reservation and I'd also like to find out...I was cut off again by "ok, so whats your problem!" (ppl. I am not kidding you)... so I said excuse me? I am trying to explain to you my problem, the representative goes "I have customers waiting" so I said to him, I am a customer- with -a -problem which you havent' given not even 2 mins. of your time and I want to know where this extra surcharge is coming from!...and I was told by the travel service that there should not be a charge to my account as yet, much less a surcharge from you ppl. there already, what is it for!....(I was upset by this time) and ppl.I kid u not...I was answered with "its probably the 2% clearance charge(don't remember if thats exactly what he said it was, cause I was so stunned by what racily came after, which was...) so if you don't know nothing don't say nothing, cause we don't charge extra, ok, is there anything else!" I was still in excuse me! mode and asked him for his name which he quickly and pompously gave up...
As I am writing this I am still stunned and wondering what did I do to deserve that...nothing at all, I guess I should not have called at a busy time or question the extra charge that the travel service and myself could not explain...but if thats the service one gets over the phone can you imagine what you would get in person, away from your home just a state away on their turf...I immediately cancelled & booked elsewhere...I hope nobody else has to put up with this person's way of venting his stressful job...what else could it be. Consider yourself lucky if their staff is not in a bad mood.

• Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2005

This hotel is an excellent stay for a business traveller. The rooms are very clean, and the water pressure is EXCELLENT! Staff and location are great. I have joined their frequent stay program and I plan to stay here every time I visit Albany. Rooms are very affordable --- what they should be.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 - Albany Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 - Albany Airport

Address: 1600 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12205 (Formerly Americas Best Inn; Ambassador Motor Inn)
Location: United States > New York > Albany
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Motel 6 - Albany Airport 1.5*
Newly RENOVATED Motel 6 property in Albany! Great for corporate or leisure traveler looking for a great room with a great price to match. Save money and we will leave the light on for you! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Motel 6 - Albany Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rodeway Inn Albany
Albany Rodeway Inn

If you own or manage Motel 6 - Albany Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.