“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Albany Airport NY

You added Motel 6 Albany Airport NY to your Saves list
Motel 6 Albany Airport NY
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1600 Central Ave, Albany, NY 12205 (Formerly Americas Best Inn; Ambassador Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Albany
new york city
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

Motel. 6 as done an excellent job in redesigning there motels ....
What's happening now is many of the newer models are falling apart because many customers who decide to come and sleep here have no respect and live like there in there own homes .
Shame on many but for the price they continue to bring the lower element with no respect for anything in the rooms .
Motel 6 should take a deposit from everyone and this would keep everyone to respect the room there sleeping in .
Shame on everyone who has no respect for others property. ....

• Stayed March 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

I'm glad I ignored all the negative reviews and took a a chance on this place. It was part of my escape plan from the Super 8 located across the street we couldn't stand another night in. What a welcome relief. I was shocked considering the deal I got on the rate. I really wasn't expecting much, just clean sheets and fresh towels. Instead we got a completely cleaned room with new updated appliances,, fresh towels, a very nicely cleaned bathroom and good clean bed linens. The TV was a good size and the WiFi signal was steady and strong. There were numerous outlets scattered throughout the room to plug things into and we had a fridge. The heater was nice and quiet and heated up the room efficiently as soon as I turned it on. The sheets smelled like they were freshly washed in good quality detergent and were nice and soft. There was even a mat directly inside the door so that we wouldn't track the snow all through the room. I was so impressed I had to let the front desk know. It was very unexpected. My only complaint and I repeat this is my only complaint, is the parking lot set up. There's a lot of truckers and contract workers that stay there and their trucks are very loud. It is a large open lot so they can park directly outside the rooms and just idle there. We woke up to the loudest truck engine I've ever heard in my life at about 4:30am. It went on for about a half hour before they finally pulled off. Besides that, if I am ever looking for a cheap place to stay that will make me feel like I actually did get my moneys worth, I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Battle Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

All I ask is that my travel lodging be clean, and that is what I get here. Added bonuses are courteous staff, a TV, and a mini-fridge. My wife refuses to stay at Motel 6, but even she might like this one--especially with Whole Foods and LL Bean a mile down the road.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Rotterdam, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this motel for two nights. I got the room for 35 dollars a night on hotwire and after reading the previous reviews I decided to just take a chance. Okay... It really wasn't THAT bad. The hotel is ran by an Indian family and I believe they have converted rooms into their "home." The floor easily got dirty because there was no carpet so that was annoying. The TV has these cool connectors to connect devices. We tried to plug in my iPhone to the USB port but there was no option for a USB input. There was an option for HDMI but no port. The first morning, housekeeping opened our door while we were sleeping and just stared at us. The second morning, they knocked to clean the room around 9:30AM. As I was checking in, I noticed a sign stating something like, "If you book a room for 49.99 there is limited housekeeping." What the hell? We did not order any food so I couldn't tell you how that would be. I didn't notice any bugs or major stains. I can tell you I probably would have been REALLY MAD if I had paid anymore than 35 bucks a night. There is a random window in the bathroom with nothing covering it and drafts cold air in. If you keep the bathroom door closed for a little while it feels like an igloo. There was a spot for tissues but no tissues. We got a cheap bar of soap. No hair dryer.. and NO SAFE. I feel that if this motel was better managed it would be a pleasure to stay there. I think the whole family works and lives there which isnt a big deal but they didnt seem to care too much about the guests. Oh and the lobby smells disgusting. I wish I could take over this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Malone, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

So two days prior I had the room reserved with my parents credit card. Called back to the office Thursday to make sure the card had been charged and the room wasn't just "reserved" Gentleman on the phone says "yes if you reserved it online it has already charged your card". Drive three and a half hours....arrive at 9pm. Go to the desk to check in and was told the card wasn't charged and I would need to pay cash (which I didn't have), have a copy of the credit card faxed with permission to use it (my parents can't make a trip to do that) or pay for it with my own credit card. After being on the phone with my fiancée, almost an hour later we discover I can put funds on my walmart money card. I go back inside to ask for the password for WiFi so I can get on my laptop and add the funds and was told "I can't give that to you until you pay for the room" Are you kidding me? Now it's 1130 at night and the room is paid for. Upon entering the room the heat is completely off, floors are wet, room is ice cold! I turn the heat on.....it barely blows anything. Cold air coming from all around the door. Bathroom is dirty, bedding stinks badly. In the morning I go to check out and there is a sign that says "for late night or early morning service ring bell". I stand for ten minutes....nothing. I finally see a metal opening in the window and throw my room card in. I was treated so poorly, had a disgusting room, a freezing cold room. I plan to never stay again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chemung
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great escape from the Super 8 motel a few hundred feet away on Central Ave. Motel 6 was the economical, clean, comfortable, safe - average motel accommodations in which I was expecting to find within this price range. The staff was polite. Grounds were well light and maintained. Rooms were newly renovated, faux bamboo hard-surface floors, room had very modern pedestal comfortable beds, wall mounded flat-screen TV, booth work table, nice, uncluttered, tasteful - Great lighting, switching and plenty of receptacles. Water pressure and temperature was satisfactorily. PTAC HVAC unit was functional. Clientele was respectful, nice blend of blue collar trades people. Coffee is available in lobby in the morning. Low signal WIFI needs improving.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Rude desk clerks refused to let me see the room until I got on the phone with my bank to dispute the charge then suddenly they changed thier mind. The couple this owns it was amazingly rude and the room they showed us was nasty and smelled! FYI this property is franchised unlike the other m6 on watervleit that is a corporate clean friendly property. I'd highly suggest going elsewhere

Stayed September 2013

Been to Motel 6 Albany Airport NY? Share your experiences!