“Worth 35 Bucks” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 - Albany Airport

You added Motel 6 - Albany Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 - Albany Airport
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1600 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12205 (Formerly Americas Best Inn; Ambassador Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Rotterdam, New York
“Worth 35 Bucks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this motel for two nights. I got the room for 35 dollars a night on hotwire and after reading the previous reviews I decided to just take a chance. Okay... It really wasn't THAT bad. The hotel is ran by an Indian family and I believe they have converted rooms into their "home." The floor easily got dirty because there was no carpet so that was annoying. The TV has these cool connectors to connect devices. We tried to plug in my iPhone to the USB port but there was no option for a USB input. There was an option for HDMI but no port. The first morning, housekeeping opened our door while we were sleeping and just stared at us. The second morning, they knocked to clean the room around 9:30AM. As I was checking in, I noticed a sign stating something like, "If you book a room for 49.99 there is limited housekeeping." What the hell? We did not order any food so I couldn't tell you how that would be. I didn't notice any bugs or major stains. I can tell you I probably would have been REALLY MAD if I had paid anymore than 35 bucks a night. There is a random window in the bathroom with nothing covering it and drafts cold air in. If you keep the bathroom door closed for a little while it feels like an igloo. There was a spot for tissues but no tissues. We got a cheap bar of soap. No hair dryer.. and NO SAFE. I feel that if this motel was better managed it would be a pleasure to stay there. I think the whole family works and lives there which isnt a big deal but they didnt seem to care too much about the guests. Oh and the lobby smells disgusting. I wish I could take over this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Malone, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

So two days prior I had the room reserved with my parents credit card. Called back to the office Thursday to make sure the card had been charged and the room wasn't just "reserved" Gentleman on the phone says "yes if you reserved it online it has already charged your card". Drive three and a half hours....arrive at 9pm. Go to the desk to check in and was told the card wasn't charged and I would need to pay cash (which I didn't have), have a copy of the credit card faxed with permission to use it (my parents can't make a trip to do that) or pay for it with my own credit card. After being on the phone with my fiancée, almost an hour later we discover I can put funds on my walmart money card. I go back inside to ask for the password for WiFi so I can get on my laptop and add the funds and was told "I can't give that to you until you pay for the room" Are you kidding me? Now it's 1130 at night and the room is paid for. Upon entering the room the heat is completely off, floors are wet, room is ice cold! I turn the heat on.....it barely blows anything. Cold air coming from all around the door. Bathroom is dirty, bedding stinks badly. In the morning I go to check out and there is a sign that says "for late night or early morning service ring bell". I stand for ten minutes....nothing. I finally see a metal opening in the window and throw my room card in. I was treated so poorly, had a disgusting room, a freezing cold room. I plan to never stay again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chemung
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great escape from the Super 8 motel a few hundred feet away on Central Ave. Motel 6 was the economical, clean, comfortable, safe - average motel accommodations in which I was expecting to find within this price range. The staff was polite. Grounds were well light and maintained. Rooms were newly renovated, faux bamboo hard-surface floors, room had very modern pedestal comfortable beds, wall mounded flat-screen TV, booth work table, nice, uncluttered, tasteful - Great lighting, switching and plenty of receptacles. Water pressure and temperature was satisfactorily. PTAC HVAC unit was functional. Clientele was respectful, nice blend of blue collar trades people. Coffee is available in lobby in the morning. Low signal WIFI needs improving.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Rude desk clerks refused to let me see the room until I got on the phone with my bank to dispute the charge then suddenly they changed thier mind. The couple this owns it was amazingly rude and the room they showed us was nasty and smelled! FYI this property is franchised unlike the other m6 on watervleit that is a corporate clean friendly property. I'd highly suggest going elsewhere

Stayed September 2013
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Dead bugs all over the bathroom (and a few living centipedes), an odor upon entrance that didn't dissipate and made my clothes stink and worst of all.. NO HOT WATER! When I complained to the "manager", he said it was my fault for not testing everything out upon arrival (!) and that I waited until the next day to tell him about the hot water. Genius. I didn't need to take a shower until the morning! I was on a business trip, and this completely put a damper on it. The entire stay was a nightmare! EVEN WORSE WAS THE FACT that MOTEL 6 Customer Relations said they couldn't do ANYTHING for me whatsoever because the property is individually owned and managed. What garbage! They asked if I spoke to the general manager but when I went to confirm that I had -- get this -- they couldn't tell me who he (or she) was! They claim they don't keep records of GMs for their properties? DONE with this chain!

I paid extra to stay here because it was "modern" (updated supposedly). See attached pics. Place was absolutely appalling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nimit P, Manager at Motel 6 - Albany Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel6 Albany. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Oregon City, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We flew into Albany late at night so thought we'd find somewhere close to the airport, at a reasonable price. When I made the online reservations, I asked for a crib as we had a 1-year old with us. Check-in was pretty quick but she wasn't very friendly. And there were no cribs available. I don't think they have any on the premises. Once we got to our room, there was an off smell and the floors were sticky. We quickly realized they were dirty. We ended up not being able to go barefoot. When our 3-year old got up on the sheets, they blackened in the area where he put his feet. We brought a rag with us to wipe our feet before sleeping and then used shoes the rest of the time. The bathroom has not been updated-only the main room. When we were leaving, a drunk man was walking around the area and harassing the lady cleaning. We couldn't leave fast enough.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel/motel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4466 Albany. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I understand Motel 6 is majority franchise but representing the brand is most important. No continental breakfast just day old coffee. The new laminate floors are beautiful, the entire redesign is beautiful. But the room attendant do not thoroughly clean the rooms. My 1st night was horrible. The floors were so dirty, the bottom of my feet looked as if I just walked barefoot outside. Needless to say I took a towel & hand washed the floor (the towel was filthy) the bathtub had a ring I scrubbed that clean. The shower curtain had mildew around the claps therefore the 1st 2 claps (which had the most mildew) fell off the rod whenever touched. The edges of the tub & commode needed 2 be resealed with caulk (after scrubbing) rust & mildew were very visible. The screen on the window was torn, bugs joined me everytime I opened the window. The refrigerator shelves had rust & some type of black substance on it. There were a few other minor things. The worst (besides the customer service) was the safety issue with the stairs. The stairs are literally rusted & desperately need to be tended to. The outside lights had no covering bugs were flying all around them (I even asked for bug spray never received it. After taking the filthy towel downstairs (the towel I used 2 scrub the floor & tub) I was informed I should've requested 2 be moved but & I quote the new floors are very hard to maintain but we did not have a choice we had to use the flooring they. U already received a discount for your room therefore I can not provide you with another discount. After about 5min of arguing I asked to be refunded the $299+ I paid for my 4day stay & I'll leave. At that point the owner looked at the towel back@ me & agreed to apply a generous 5% discount ($2.57} for that night only. The owner then sent a very nice room attendant (although she drinks beer while working). She even used bleach. She earned a tip! The wifi was non existent. The best part about the non smoking rooms are the upgrades. The only difference between the smoking & non smoking is the flat screen. I hope all the Motel 6 Brands redesign/upgrade their rooms but with tile floors not that cheap laminate!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Motel 6 - Albany Airport? Share your experiences!