“Omg” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 - Albany Airport

You added Motel 6 - Albany Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 - Albany Airport
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1600 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12205 (Formerly Americas Best Inn; Ambassador Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Albany
“Omg”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Rude desk clerks refused to let me see the room until I got on the phone with my bank to dispute the charge then suddenly they changed thier mind. The couple this owns it was amazingly rude and the room they showed us was nasty and smelled! FYI this property is franchised unlike the other m6 on watervleit that is a corporate clean friendly property. I'd highly suggest going elsewhere

Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Dead bugs all over the bathroom (and a few living centipedes), an odor upon entrance that didn't dissipate and made my clothes stink and worst of all.. NO HOT WATER! When I complained to the "manager", he said it was my fault for not testing everything out upon arrival (!) and that I waited until the next day to tell him about the hot water. Genius. I didn't need to take a shower until the morning! I was on a business trip, and this completely put a damper on it. The entire stay was a nightmare! EVEN WORSE WAS THE FACT that MOTEL 6 Customer Relations said they couldn't do ANYTHING for me whatsoever because the property is individually owned and managed. What garbage! They asked if I spoke to the general manager but when I went to confirm that I had -- get this -- they couldn't tell me who he (or she) was! They claim they don't keep records of GMs for their properties? DONE with this chain!

I paid extra to stay here because it was "modern" (updated supposedly). See attached pics. Place was absolutely appalling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nimit P, Manager at Motel 6 - Albany Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel6 Albany. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Oregon City, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We flew into Albany late at night so thought we'd find somewhere close to the airport, at a reasonable price. When I made the online reservations, I asked for a crib as we had a 1-year old with us. Check-in was pretty quick but she wasn't very friendly. And there were no cribs available. I don't think they have any on the premises. Once we got to our room, there was an off smell and the floors were sticky. We quickly realized they were dirty. We ended up not being able to go barefoot. When our 3-year old got up on the sheets, they blackened in the area where he put his feet. We brought a rag with us to wipe our feet before sleeping and then used shoes the rest of the time. The bathroom has not been updated-only the main room. When we were leaving, a drunk man was walking around the area and harassing the lady cleaning. We couldn't leave fast enough.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel/motel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4466 Albany. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I understand Motel 6 is majority franchise but representing the brand is most important. No continental breakfast just day old coffee. The new laminate floors are beautiful, the entire redesign is beautiful. But the room attendant do not thoroughly clean the rooms. My 1st night was horrible. The floors were so dirty, the bottom of my feet looked as if I just walked barefoot outside. Needless to say I took a towel & hand washed the floor (the towel was filthy) the bathtub had a ring I scrubbed that clean. The shower curtain had mildew around the claps therefore the 1st 2 claps (which had the most mildew) fell off the rod whenever touched. The edges of the tub & commode needed 2 be resealed with caulk (after scrubbing) rust & mildew were very visible. The screen on the window was torn, bugs joined me everytime I opened the window. The refrigerator shelves had rust & some type of black substance on it. There were a few other minor things. The worst (besides the customer service) was the safety issue with the stairs. The stairs are literally rusted & desperately need to be tended to. The outside lights had no covering bugs were flying all around them (I even asked for bug spray never received it. After taking the filthy towel downstairs (the towel I used 2 scrub the floor & tub) I was informed I should've requested 2 be moved but & I quote the new floors are very hard to maintain but we did not have a choice we had to use the flooring they. U already received a discount for your room therefore I can not provide you with another discount. After about 5min of arguing I asked to be refunded the $299+ I paid for my 4day stay & I'll leave. At that point the owner looked at the towel back@ me & agreed to apply a generous 5% discount ($2.57} for that night only. The owner then sent a very nice room attendant (although she drinks beer while working). She even used bleach. She earned a tip! The wifi was non existent. The best part about the non smoking rooms are the upgrades. The only difference between the smoking & non smoking is the flat screen. I hope all the Motel 6 Brands redesign/upgrade their rooms but with tile floors not that cheap laminate!

• Stayed June 2013

Levis, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

It was dirty, noisy. Wifi was not working. We were unable to lock the door of the room. The floor was dirty and sticky. I found and ant in the bathroom. Pay a little bit more for a better place. Even for a road trip. My worst stay ever

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nimit P, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 - Albany Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

To preface: I've traveled the world on a budget. Asia, South America, Europe - been there, done that and this was the worst hotel I have stayed in. We decided to break up our trip from Boston to Buffalo with an overnight stay in Albany. I snagged an internet "deal" and paid a bit over $50 for a room at this Motel 6. We got in the room and it was FREEZING. It is December, it is snowing outside, our room was reserved for weeks so they knew to be expecting us and there was literally no heat in the room. The room was dingy, the bathroom was literally 30 degrees so taking a shower was completely out and there was a ruckus next door that somehow ended up with a giant hole in the window of the room next to us. It was covered with plastic and left to stay like that until we left. Nice. But I guess there isn't much you can do at the drop of a hat over a huge hole in the window... We went to bed freezing cold and woke up and ran out of there. While I was freezing under the covers that I wasn't so psyched on sleeping underneath, I got out my phone and got a room at our next destination on Priceline.com and we paid $20 more for a room in a beautiful hotel - it had heat, a clean bathroom and... us. Much happier us. We cancelled our next stay at a different Motel 6 and probably won't stay at another one again.

Room Tip: choose another hotel?
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nimit P, Manager at Motel 6 - Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 Albany. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this Motel 6 Location Sept 19-20, 2012. I had not planned on staying here but I sew "49" on the motel signage from the roadway, great right ? Once at the desk that wasn't not the case, $49 is only offered on a 2 night stay. The nightly rate was $66. I got a room anyway and the check-in was fast. I went to my room and upon opening the door to my room I was surprised. I must admit that I was not expecting that modern style decor being in a motel like this. This motel has been tastefully renovated, nothing high-end but well deserved to keep up with the times.
Floating laminate wood floors, Flush mount flat screen t.v. with multiple input capability, Table with a niche booth, Full-size mirror and more then one, garnet bathroom counter...

Room has an overpowering Scent(air fresheners or cleaning products).
The down-side to this location was the lack of attention to cleanliness(Check attached photos).
The bed cover did have questionable stains and doesn't look to have been clean prior to my arrival.
The floors in room 228 bared spotting and strakes of stuck on dirt.
The shower curtain had paint runoff covering them.
Wood block for window stopper.
Sadly, one mirror had greasy impression of a face, palms and what looked like body parts pressed up smeared on to its surface.

Funniest part about my stay there was when I was checking-out. I entered the lobby to return my keycard and the front desk is empty. I tapped the counter top bell... 3-4minutes pass by... I tapped the bell again, another 4 minutes passes by... Another guest entered the lobby and he taps the bell hard for 3 seconds! The door to the adjoining room attached to the lobby opens and a sleepwalking 50-60something year old southeast Asian lady comes out, her hair looking like she had been hit with lightning seconds earlier, I guess we had interrupted her beauty rest.

Overall, I do believe that this motel was managed by new management it was be a top contender on that strip.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before paying?
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Nimit P, Manager at Motel 6 - Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the M6 Albany. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Please note that this problem was an exception to our normal practices, therefore 10 % discount will be given to you for your next stay with us, we appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Been to Motel 6 - Albany Airport? Share your experiences!