“Never again” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205 (Formerly Travelodge )   |
Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Albany
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015 via mobile

Hello,i just wanted to review cocca's in colonie. I booked room 41 weeks ahead of time to have a nice night out with my wife. When we arrived at the hotel it seemed nice. Check in was fairly quick and easy. My wife and I then went to our room. When we got in there, the jacuzzi was still running and the floor was soaking wet. The carpet was very squishy and there was food on the floors. The woman at the desk was able to switch our room, but the whole reason for scheduling the room we did was the heart shaped jacuzzi. We are both very disappointed in this establishment. We were not even offered anything to make up for the mess up and the fact we didn't get to enjoy the heart shaped jacuzzi.

• Stayed February 2015
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2015
E-mailed the Guest the following:

We apologize for your disappointing stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. Our General Manager, Jeanette Mock, has discussed this issue “IN DEPTH” with her staff, including the Head Housekeeper.

Again, please accept our apologies. We sincerely would like to welcome you again and show you that we can and WILL do better.

Director - Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

I recently stayed at Cocca's Inn & Suites on Wolf Road in Albany. We bought the honeymoon Suite for $150 and it was NOT worth the money. The room had the ugliest furniture and Decor, The carpets were stained and the bed only had one blanket that did not fit the King Size bed. The heart shaped Jacuzzi was nice except for the tiles that were rotted and lifted up around the Jacuzzi. The lighting was poor, there were "dimmer" lights that did not work properly and there was lamps (all the lamps were different ) but the room was still dark and dingy looking. If your going to get a honeymoon Suite GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2015

Dear Valued Guest:

Both Jeanette Mock, General Manager at Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport, and I were very concerned with your TripAdvisor review pertaining to your recent stay in the Honeymoon Suite.

However, we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have removed the Honeymoon Suite from our inventory until the contractor addresses the issues mentioned In your review.

We would very much appreciate another opportunity to have you give us another opportunity to show you another King Suite with Jacuzzi.

I am confident that if you grant us the privilege of a "SECOND CHANCE", you will have a pleasurable stay; as it is our goal to have you become a satisfied and loyal guest.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

We stayed here as a stop over on our trip to Maine. I booked it because it seemed different and seemed to offer some amenities other chain hotels didn't. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite which was really nice, clean and spacious, and bed was comfy. It is by the highway though, so it didn't appear to be in the safest location, but we had no issues. Staff was not overly helpful, but not rude either. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for one of the jaccuzi suites. The one we stayed in seemed to have been recently remodeled and w...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2015

Dear Valued guest:

Your four star TripAdvisor Review and positive comments pertaining to your recent stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport was just what we needed on a cold February day.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the King Suite with Jacuzzi and are looking forward to providing your lodging the next time you are in the Capital District area. We will do our best to make your every a stay a pleasurable experience.

Lynn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

I stayed here a few times several years ago and was impressed that an older, kinda dated motel could be so economical, clean, comfortable, and staffed by real hospitality types. The perfect Wolf Rd. location is at the juncture of Central Ave., I-87, I-90, close to the airport, and is surrounded by any conceivable store and restaurant genre, malls, movies, and fuel and service outlets. Within a stone's throw, there are also many other clearly better choices to stay than Cocca's on Wolf Rd. For starters, the annoyingly automaton-like corporation-first mentality of the 3pm checkin woman was THE least hospitality-industry example I ever saw. She failed to honor the quoted price and declined the pre-arranged-when-booked courtesy discounts, a la AARP, AAA, and the like. The pricing is higher than it should be when one considers the mid-rise lodging virtually next door and all along Wolf Rd. which are slightly greater in rate, but are infinitely better properties. In the decade or so that I have stayed at Cocca's, the place has been allowed to simply age ungracefully. It is dreary, has spotty wifi, mediocre TV, lacks suitable bath amenities, ho-hum breakfast, though good make-it-yourself waffles, and the place just had a dirty feel now. The most repulsive thing was the tiny, nearly invisible insects crawling over the entire tiled bathroom floor. I put paper towels on the floor and shuffled my feet while in there, and tried not to step on the worn wall-to-wall carpet. Which is hard to do ! I Windexed (I have learned from road trips to always tote it with paper towels in the car) all hard surfaces in the room, as it seemed grime-y from many handlings sans cleaning. I checked the bed seams carefully for any ...signs...and was relieved that the linens seamed clean and without critters. Some surfaces even had a stickiness to them, hard to determine from what. My fear is that ownership has let the property slide and seldom visits to see what the staff are up to. There is still hope, but some attention must be paid to this once and future gem of a classic road side motel. I urge the purge.

Room Tip: Keep driving by and go down the street to the multitude of lodging in the area
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
We were sorry that our guest was disappointed during his stay. We will check out this issues mentioned and take corrective actions where needed.

We E-mailed the guest expressing our sincere apologies and concern relating to his disappointing stay.

Melrose, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

Five stars! I had an awful experience where hotels.com failed to successfully book my room for a night our with friends. Management was so understanding and was able to give me a better room than the one I originally wanted! The room had been a good price to begin with but they went above and beyond and saved me even more! Absolutely wonderful! Will definitely try to book with them on my next outing.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Dear Valued Guest:

Your five star TripAdvisor Review pertaining to your recent stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport was just what we needed on a dismal, gray windy, snowy day.

Thank you for your gracious comments in behalf of our Management Team.

We will be looking forward to booking your reservation for your next outing.

Director – Guest Relations
Travelodge Inn & Suites
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

I stayed here last night and left my iPad in the room I called as soon as I noticed it missing! They say they didn't find it and I had to get back here befor house keeping left! I got there within an hour and by time I got here housekeeping was gone and so was my iPad! I called the police, I'm not sitting in those lobby waiting for the police to come so I can make a police report against the housekeepers and the hotel itself!

• Stayed January 2015
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2015
Our staff has expressed their concern regarding the missing IPAD. The loss has been reported to our Owner, who is personally investigating the issue, along with our local authorities. We will keep the guest up to date on the status.

This is an isolated issue and, fortunately, a “First Time Occurrence” at our property.
Lake Placid, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Hotel clerk was super friendly. I would hire her in a heartbeat to work at a hotel if I own one. Bed was very comfortable. However, the good stops there. Bathroom is so tiny that it was comical. I did not even know they made tubs so small. Towels had black spots all over them. One window did not latch. The room smelled old. The place has potential with a little more TLC or an apperance on Hotel Impossible. Rate was just $49 with a coupon though so cant expect perfection.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review pertaining to your recent stay at Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

We welcome our guests’ reviews, as it alerts us if a guest encountered problems during their stay. The small tubs are an area that I cannot change. However towels with black spots and window that will not latch can definitely be resolved.

Thank you for your gracious comments regarding Jolene. You are perfectly correct . . . she is a great asset.

I was pleased to read that you found the beds to be comfortable. Therefore, I would like to give you a Heads-Up!!! Our non-smoking interior rooms are larger and have been recently upgraded.

It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging requirements during your next trip to the Capital District area.

Director - Guest Relations

Been to Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport? Share your experiences!