“Overnight Accommodation” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205 (Formerly Travelodge )   |
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Albany
“Overnight Accommodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stopped here as a result of being tired and seeing the ad in the travel magazine. Of course, there were no "economy rooms" left and we ended up paying more than we wanted to. The rooms were adequate and the beds comfortable and, if we had been staying longer, there was a sizable fridge and microwave and sink in the room, however, the noise level of the plumbing was really loud--I was woken up by someone taking a rather long shower in the next room (which sounded like it was IN our room) and our toilet "sang" every time we flushed. The breakfast was your typical "carb" continental breakfast--adequate at best.

Room Tip: Maybe one near the ends so you won't have the plumbing noises?
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
E-Mailed the guest the following:

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor Review pertaining to your recent stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

We apologize that we did not have any of our exterior rooms available when you checked in. The hotel occupancy throughout the Capital District Area has been very limited due to tournaments, concerts and business meetings.

Thank you for alerting us about the toilet. We have alerted our Housekeeping/Maintenance Staff to be on the “WATCH” for a “Singing Toilet”.

We hope you will stay with us again during the next t rip to our area.

Director – Guest Relations
Travelodge Inn & Suites
518-785-6626, Ext. 174

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kihei, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I believe this is a rent by the hour motel. I heard it for 2 hours through the paper thin walls. I only stayed there for a couple hours before my extremely early flight. The location was my initial draw toward the hotel. The price was comparable to a lot of places which is frustrating! This place shouldn't be charging more than $30 a night! There is enough room in the bathroom to turn around, and that's about it. I was put in a non-smoking room, that smelled completely like smoke! I witnessed my first set of neighbors walk in the room, and immediately walk back out! I would never recommend this place to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Don't go here!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
E-mailed the guest the following:

We apologize that your stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites did not meet your expectations.

We have upgraded our interior rooms and are planning on upgrading the exterior rooms.

Regarding the non-smoking room having a cigarette odor, if you had notified our Front Desk of your dissatisfaction, and another non-smoking room was available, our staff would have moved you to another room.

Again, I apologize for your disappointing stay.

Guilderland, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Been meaning to write a review as it was not a good experience. I stayed here in early November for a week or so. I had booked it based on the photos I saw on the website. The price was average, but based on the room, it should have been less. Supposadly, they honor military discount as it is mentioned on other places on the web, but I spoke with the girl that checked me in and she said she was not aware of any and said they do not. I think my room had a tv, queen/king bed, microwave, bathroom. The room had a musty odor. The bedsheets/comforter looked worn and really old and didnt have that fresh linen smell. The carpet looked like it needed to be shampooed. The bathroom was very small. It took a while for the bathroom light to turn on and get bright. The bathroom was very cluttered and if you are a tall person, the toilet was too close to the walls which were too close to my knees. Aside from that, there was breakfast served but it started late. For a person that has a job and needs to be at work by 8am then i should forget the "free" breakfast as it is served later. If you need sleep and work in the early hours then watch out for strange sounds next door and above that resemble something loud and erotic. After this stay, i tried out other locations. I went to the Redroof Inn further down on wolf road, where everything was cleaner, cheaper, and new. Cocoas Location is decent, but what good is location when you do not feel clean sleeping in your bed. To Management, please upgrade and get new linens/comfortors and at least walk outside at late hours if you hear any really loud noises that may disturb your guests. You should also consider remodeling bathrooms. Also, set breakfast up in early hours for guests that have work really early. Disappointed, but hoping Management turns it around. Thank You.

• Stayed November 2013
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for writing a TripAdvisor review pertaining to your November stay at our Cocca's Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

Our hotel's performance is based on our guests' reviews. If you had not written the review, I would not have been aware of the discount misunderstanding. You rate was already significantly discounted. However, only one discount is allowed and in your case the discounted rate, which we gave you, was the better rate. We do honor a military discount and we will make sure our Front Desk Staff is aware of this

The interior rooms have been upgraded and we are planning on upgrading the exterior.

We sincerely hope you will give our Cocca's Inn and Suites a "Second Chance".

518-785-6626, Ext. 174.
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at Cocca's was very last minute as we needed a stop on our way to NYC. We were very happy about the wonderful room with whirlpool. Everything was nice and clean. Also I forgot my purse in the hotel and after contacting the owner tgey would immedietly send it to us without charging us for that!! Very very friendly and kind!! Thank you so much :)

• Stayed June 2014
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
We thank our valued guests from Germany for their very positive TripAdvisor review pertaining to their June 12th stay in Room 1NS at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

We are looking forward to their stay with us the next time they are in our United States.

NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

A friend that lives near this Inn said that it was updated recently and when you drive by it looks like it has been updated..My room wasnt updated..The TV didnt work when I arrived,,something to do with the remote and the phone didnt work..There was long strands of hair in the shower and something red on the tub...The bath tub was very small,,approx 3ft.The furniture looked like it was from the 70's,,the bed was uncomfortable...If you looked out my room window all you could see is stairs. A few times someone would run up and down the stairs..The two good things about this Inn was the location,,right across the street from the Colonie Center Mall and a few nice bars up the street,,also the front desk lady was very nice..
I booked this room through American Express Travel and it wasnt a good price..

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room and look at the room first..
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
E-mailed the guest the following:

Dear Valued Guest:

We apologize that your recent stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport did not meet your expectations.

Our hotel’s performance is based on our guests’ reviews. Input such as yours assists us to improve our guests’ continued satisfaction. We appreciate your bringing the stain in the tub to our attention.

We apologize that the TV and phone were not working when you arrived. Were these issues resolved during your stay?

Your friend was correct in her statement that our property was upgraded. However, the upgrade was in the non-smoking interior rooms. The exterior rooms will be upgraded in the future.

Thank you for indicating that you enjoyed the location and you were pleased with our staff. We hope you stay with us again during your next trip to the Capital District Area. Call me directly and I will make sure your room is an interior non-smoking room.

Director - Operations
Malone, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed here for one night and won't return. The lights didn't work properly and there was mold on the shower curtain. Toilets are so close to the wall that you knock your knees on it and tub is just right for a small person. Definitely needs an upgrade.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
E-mailed the guest the following response:

Dear Valued Guest:\

We will check the shower curtain and the lights in Room 53. Our hotel’s performance is based on our guests’ reviews. Input such as yours assists us to improve our guests’ continued satisfaction; and we appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

We have recently upgraded the interior rooms in our building and would very much appreciate the privilege of a “second chance” and booking you in one of our interior non-smoking rooms.

Director – Guest Relations
Cambridge ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have been to your place 3 times. 1 time in room 35 and 2 times in room 31. This last time was valentines weekend. Thanks for the champagne and chocolates. I would just like to say the bed is kinda uncomfortable I think it's broke. Also when I checked out I felt like I did something wrong they had to check the room so I could get my deposit back. May I add I left very clean !! But was not very friendly about checking it so I could get my money. I also would like to see check in time on website as I had to wait 3 hrs to check in.

• Stayed February 2014
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
E-mailed the folowing to the guest:

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your Four Star TripAdvisor review regarding your “Valentines Weekend”. We hope you enjoyed the champagne and chocolates.

Thank you for alerting us about the possibility that the bed in Room 31 could be broken. Our General Manager, Jeanette Mock, will check this out at once.

Regarding checking the room prior to returning the deposit . . we apologize if you were “ill at ease”. This policy pertains to all guests reserving our King Suites with Jacuzzis on Valentines Day and New Years Eve.

Your suggestion to indicate the check-in time on our Web Site was well taken and we will also include the check-out time.

We look forward to your next stay with us and will do our best to make it an enjoyable stay.

518-785-6626, Ext. 174

Been to Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport? Share your experiences!