“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 49 hotels in Albany
Toronto, Canada
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Wonderful experience. Each room is a suite with kitchen, living room with business desk and a large bedroom as well as a large bathroom. Exceptionally well cared for and immaculate property. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown / Medical Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of the Marriott TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to accommodating your future stays in Albany!

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rhinebeck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am writing this review for a multitude of reasons. I used to be heavily involved in the hospitality industry. I recently stayed at this Marriott location while waiting for my husband to be discharged from the Veterans Hospital located nearby. Prior to my arrival, I spoke with the wonderful front desk associate Tyler who coordinated my reservation in a very clear and professional manner. His willingness to help me was absolutely refreshing and exactly what I needed after the very long day that I had just had in the emergency room.
Tyler was able to coordinate the wonderful shuttle service to come pick me up from the Hospital and bring me over to the hotel. Lashawn had been the shuttle driver that night, and he was able to arrive in a timely manner. He was extremely friendly and offered help if it was needed. I have never stayed at a hotel that had provided a service such as this one. This made my stay so much easier, and the shuttle was able to bring me back to the hospital the next morning to see my husband.
I must personally share this story, because it was quite moving to see how much this hotels associates sincerely cared about their guests. During my stay, I utilized the business center that the hotel provides to check up on some work e-mails. I was in direct ear shot of the front desk. Another guest who had been staying at the hotel, who was undergoing chemo therapy and stem-cell treatment had been talking to the front desk associate Tyler. Tyler showed a very high level of compassion and warmth, and I must say it is service like this that makes me want to continue choosing TownePlace Suites if I am to ever be in the area again. Not only was Tyler actually listening to this woman share her story but he was also able to provide her with words of encouragement and it was clear that he had made this womans night. I was extremely impressed with his high quality of customer service.
Breakfast in the morning was absolutely phenomenal. Both the breakfast ladies were extremely friendly and were able to meet all of the guests needs, whether it was getting more coffee, extra butter, etc. It was great to just wake up in the mornings and walk down to the breakfast room and not have to worry about cooking for my husband and I (Though I would never tell him that!)
I was extremely pleased with this hotel and will be recommending it to any friends and family that will ever be traveling through the Albany area! Great work to this wonderful team!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown / Medical Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Words can't describe how much we appreciate your thoughtful response and review regarding your stay at the Marriott TownePlace Suites. After sharing this review with Tyler, he said "I am at a loss for words." This truly made his day knowing that he had such an impact on a guests stay. The bonds and genuine relationships that our staff establishes with our guests is remarkable. Our staff takes great pride whenever they have the opportunity to brighten up someones day or make someone smile. Thank you very much for acknowledging our staff members and referring our hotel to your friends and family. We certainly appreciate your business and wish you the best of luck. Thank you for choosing the Marriott TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown!
Forest Hills, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the moment we walked into the modern lobby and greeted by the friendly professional receptionist, Tyler we knew this hotel was a cut above others. This is a model of how a hotel should operate. Tyler set the positive tone and all employees we were in contact with the three nights we stayed at this lovely hotel all portrayed the same upbeat enigmatic attitude.

Our spacious, clean well-appointed suite was decorated in a modern motif with views of downtown Albany and mountains in the distance. All the amenities one needs for a night or extended stay were available in this suite, including a full kitchen. Our comfortable, king size bed, fluffy pillows and quiet room made for a great night’s sleep. The separate living room area was a wonderful place to relax on the comfortable couch or large chair and watch the large flat screen TV. When it was bed time there was a TV in the bedroom too.

The complimentary shuttle will drive you to and from the hotel within a three mile radius. Perfect for a safe night out enjoying cocktails. Onsite parking was complimentary. Wi-Fi was fast and also complimentary. Shops, restaurants and the Albany Health Care Center are walking distance. 24hour coffee and tea with snacks were available in the lobby as well as snacks, beverages and frozen meals for purchase. A guest laundry is available. The fitness center had two treadmills an elliptical machine and fitness ball. The large TV in this room helped pass the time while we worked out.

Breakfast was included and more than ample. Highlights included but not limited to homemade oatmeal with all the fixings, yogurt parfait, fresh eggs /cheese/bacon biscuits, fresh whole fruit/fruit salad and the make your own waffles. This was one of the most varied and extensive complimentary hotel breakfasts I have had the pleasure to have.

The hot tub and pool were so relaxing. LaShawn (please excuse my spelling), kept the water the perfect balance of chemicals as well as drove us to dinner in the hotel’s complimentary shuttle fixed whatever needed faxing and did it all with a smile.

I look forward to my next visit to Albany and will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown / Medical Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
This is such a great review!! Tyler was ecstatic to read thisTripAdvisor comment. Recognizing by name our associates is the BEST compliment that a General Manager can receive. I can not express the appreciation I have for you taking the time to give such a detailed overview of your experience with us while pointing out two of our members that helped enhance your stay. Tyler and LaShawn are definitely looking forward to having you back as well as the rest of our staff!:-) On behalf of the Marriott TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown, thank you for choosing our property!
Liverpool, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a newer property right next to a hospital and surrounded by a run down neighborhood.. In defense of that we had an excellent stay. Very friendly staff at check in and especially check out. Clean large suites complete with full size fridge. Free standard breakfast very good. Nice size pool /hot tub. Only negative I would have to say was the loud ambulance going to hospital that woke us up in middle of night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to reference the customer service you had encountered, the breakfast as well as the cleanliness of your suite. Hopefully you were able to get some sleep despite the ambulance in the middle of the night. We hope to accommodate your future stays in Albany! Thank you for choosing our hotel!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I traveled from Denver CO to Albany NY for a family reunion and stayed with my husband and 3 granddaughters at Towne place Suites @Holland Ave during 08/08/13 to 08/11/13. Everything was awesome from housekeeping to the kitchen staff to the indoor pool, The diversity of the entire staff including the front desk - customer service ppl. at this location was superb. Very clean, the 1 Bedroom King Suite was comfortable, clean and quiet. The breakfast good, hot tea and coffee any time of day or evening. We really enjoyed our stay and felt very safe and comfortable. The diversity was fabulous, I left electronics and money in our room and all was where it was where I left it. The Elbow room was right on the corner, along with a Walgreens and McDonalds across the street and the hospital location is nice close to all. Housekeeping was very trusting, Thank You Holland Ave Towne Place Suites you treated my family the best while we were in Albany. Kenneth & Paulette Givens

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom King Suite faces the lot was quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown / Medical Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
It is our pleasure to provide you with the best service that we can! This thoughtful response will certainly be shared with the rest of our staff in which it will be greatly appreciated. On behalf of the Marriott TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, thank you for choosing our hotel! We all hope you had a wonderful time at your family reunion and hope you travel back to Albany again soon!
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed twice at the TownePlace Suites Albany. First, bringing my daughter to a camp in the area, and two weeks later, with my husband picking her up from camp. Both times our check-in and interactions with the front desk staff were cheerful and helpful. Rooms were on the ground floor and the 6th floor. Rooms, dining area, pool area and laundry area are all clean and orderly. My husband travels often and notices when things look run-down or dirty. Instead he was noticing that things look well-maintained, that the glass in the pool was being cleaned by staff when we went swimming, and several employees were helping him with luggage. When I couldn't get my room key to access the laundry area, a maintenance staff member was helping me within 5 minutes. Amazing!
The beds are very comfortable and the air-conditioner worked quietly and efficiently getting the room cool, but responding as desired to my changes to the thermostat setting.
The shuttle service worked like a charm to collect us from the train station, bring us to the hotel, and then service to and from a terrific Italian restaurant nearby. When we nearly finished dining, I called the hotel and the driver arrived within 10 to 15 minutes.
If returning to Albany, I would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your stay at the Marriott TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center! We hope your daughter enjoyed the camp that she attended in Albany and are grateful that because of this we were able to accommodate your overnights in the area. We look forward to having you back! Thank you for choosing our hotel!
Mirabel, Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It is my second trip to this hotel and second review also.
As simple as that: This hotel is the place to stay when visiting the capital region.
We were on a week-end with friends, visiting from Hyde Park on Hudson to Saratoga Springs.
The TownePlace Albany has an excellent location.
The staff is more than nice and welcoming, they are the nicest hotel staff we have met in our many trips across the US.
The rooms are big, clean and comfortable, with a fully equiped kitchen.
The hotel is quiet and secure.
The free breakfast is good.
There is an indoor pool, outdoor deck with propane BBQ (that we love to use).
We were there for 2 nights, loved it, and wil be back again next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review! It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of the amenities that our property has and that you thought so highly of our staff! We look forward to seeing you again next year! Thank you for staying at the Marriott TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center.

Been to TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown / Medical Center? Share your experiences!