We stayed at Chateau de feuilles (CDF) for 3 nights during our two week honeymoon on the seychelles.
Both on booking.com and Tripadvisor, CDF gets the highest ratings, excellent reviews and even some "best hotels" awards. Our expectations were therefore very high (also due to the fact that we payed a hefty 850 euros/night for half-board).
Overall it was very nice, but there is also room for improvement.
The hotel is spectacularly located on one of the southern tips of the island and offers breathtaking views onto the ocean and many neighboring islands. It also seemed that the property is rather well protected from the wind, which can be quite intense otherwise in some parts of the islands.
We stayed in the Garden Ocean Suite, the most expansive room among the 9 offered (except for the family one), and it was the right decision. The room was not pure luxury, but beautiful and charmingly furnished with alot of attention to details, a bit resembling an african lodge. It had two terraces, one on each side of the bed room facing opposite bays. Great to have breakfast delivered there! Since it was our honeymoon, the staff also decorated the room nicely with flowers and an offered bottle of wine. The room was further away and on the second floor which made it among the most private in the resort. Other rooms in the resort seemed less private and smaller.
A great and original amenity of the hotel is the hilltop jacuzzi which is located on the highest point and provides 270 degrees of uninterrupted views on the ocean and neighboring islands.
Since there are only 9 rooms, so ~20 guests, the resort also feels very private and pool/jacuzzi/tanning chairs are mostly available.
A big plus of the hotel is the trip that they offer on the weekends for all the hotel guests to a private deserted island close-by. Beautiful island, barbecue on the beach and the best snorkeling ever for us (turtle, shark and loads of fishes) made it a full success. So make sure your stay includes a weekend.
During our honeymoon, we checked out other resorts such as Four Seasons and Banyan Tree on Mahe and Le Domaine de l'Orangeraie on la Digue. While in a similar price class, CDF brings in more of a personal charming touch, but it is also less luscious.
The pool area, for example, is rather disappointing. With views like these, an infinity pool is almost a must-have. Instead, it is a standard pool deck with no lighting at night. The lower-situated sun deck seems a bit lost and lacks a plunge pool. Great potential for improvement!
We chose half-board, i.e. dinner included, drinks excluded, which costs ~100 euros plus another 50 if you want a bottle of wine and some water. So 150 euros per dinner.
Dinner is a set menu, 3-4 courses and served, which is nice, but the food could be better and more exciting. It's either white fish or some curry stew, ok, but a bit boring. For theses prices, we had excellent dinners in other restaurants on the island which one should easily be able to access with the hotel's complimentary car service (we didn't make use of it). In all fairness, we are not the biggest fans of half-board in general and we think that this half-board is probably among the better ones. Still, room for improvement, it is a relais&chateaux afterall.
Finally, it was sometimes difficult to communicate with the staff, being either a bit unfriendly (for seychelles standards) or trying to make awkwardly conversation.
In summary, we really enjoyed our stay here. One can tell that a lot of efforts were made to make this place a special, original and fantastic place to relax and enjoy. With success! Some things could be done better.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Feuilles Hotel Praslin Island
- Chateau De Feuilles Praslin Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Incomparable and of an oustanding beauty, Le Château de Feuilles Relais & Chateaux hotel & SPA in Praslin Seychelles invites you for a luxurious and unique stay where everything is designed to respect your privacy and your comfort.Luxurious, exclusive and considered as one of the most beautiful hotels of the Seychelles, Le Château de Feuilles is a member of the prestigious hotel chain Relais & Châteaux.The property, surounded majestically with the warm and turquoise waters of Seychelles, offers stunning and unrivalled 180° - 300° panoramas of exception to enjoy the dance of the waves and get carried away by the immensity of the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Chateau de Feuilles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.