The hotel does not offer transport from the airport, no guidelines on taxi rates makes it quite expensive...80Euros one way only to be told by other guests they paid 45Euros!
Arriving late in the evening and feeling hot and tired and then to discover no bottled water in our room, we were told to either boil water or buy.
Breakfast was very skimpy and repetitive, they put out a few slices of cheese and fruit that you need to ask to be filled up, so too for milk etc. The cook conveniently disappears just as you want to order omelettes!
Coffee were great and so too the fruits!
We had buffet dinner once, this was lovely and highly recommended!
We have spend a week there and in that time we never felt welcome,we had the feeling that staff preferred to communicate in French and never really made an effort in talking to us although they spoke perfect English.
No tourist information is being offered, when we asked what is on offer, we were told to tell them what we want to do!!! Oh and not to use any outside car rentals, they will arrange a car for us! Only on the 3rd or 4th day we noticed that they have a temporarily car rental- & tourist agent set up at the upstairs patio area!
Internet were dismal!
We were staying in one of the garden view cottages close to the road and main entrance, it has a lovely kitchen & lounge area, bedroom were nice too, bathroom with shower. Issues in room - The oven was never cleaned properly before we arrived, dirt and grime everywhere! The patio door doesn't close properly and one of the safety latches were broken. Toilet needed to be flushed twice as the water keeps pushing back up again!
Lots of mosquitoes inside the room, we complained about this and they immediately send out someone to spray the entire room.
We had to ask twice for toiletries and toilet paper to be topped up and it took them more than an hour to deliver it to our room.
Pool / beach towels are handed out at reception where we were told only one small dingy towel allowed per person!!! Btw there are no lounge chairs on the beach so beach towel is all you have got to sit on!
This beach area is lovely, it is undisturbed and quiet, unfortunately that means very few if any restaurants, a small shop about 10 min walk away. The first day while on the beach, we were approached by the police and warned not to leave any valuables unattended on beach. No diving equipment such as snorkels or goggles at hotel or anywhere close by.
Transport - we took the public bus and it took us about and hour to reach the main town, called Victoria, cars can be rented but we didn't want to bother. The bus stops a few metres away from the resort and is frequent.
Bring your own suntan lotion, toiletries, mosquito repellant and basic medicine, these are not easy to find!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Valmer Resort is a luxury establishment nestled in the heart of Baie Lazare, located on the southern-coast, the most untouched part of Mahe Island. The Resort is just a few minutes walk from the sweeping Baie Lazare white sandy beach. Valmer Resort is a family-run establishment, and the owners have applied their own high standards in providing a comfortable stay for their esteemed guests, a philosophy which has ensured the success and growth of this small hotel. Valmer Resort has undergone extensive refurbishment and renovation in 2012 of all its public areas and all villas, introducing new facilities including more parking spaces, children's playground, club car service, 2 new Junior Suites with jacuzzis and new Pool Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Valmer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valmer Hotel Mahe Island
- Valmer Resort Mahe Island
- Valmer Resort Seychelles/Mahe Island