As a sales rep, I travel at least 10 nights per month in a number of hotels and have traveled abroad several times to various B&B's...so I've been to many, many places and tend to compare hotels to others.The reviews that I read about Valmer Resort while trying to find the perfect spot in the Seychelles sounded great...and helped make my decision to stay there. Wow, what a sad disappointment from the minute I arrived with my family! When they say "on a hill", boy, it's a STEEP hill. Unless you are into hiking, it's not for those who aren't fit. The beach was inaccessible at best...the water could be seen from the pool..quite a beautiful view actually...but getting down to the beach and then back up again was not a good option. The restaurant had very few offerings for lunch and all were quite expensive for the quality. The WiFi was very limited and only available in one spot by reception. This was the first place I've stayed with that didn't have someone to help 24/7 which was a concern when I went looking for a soda before bed...nope, the restaurant was closed at 10pm and no other options were available...not even the standard bottled water, complimentary or for a price, that every hotel offers nowadays. For the $300+ per night that we were paying, the service was lacking and the accommodations were not what you'd expect for the price. When I tried to speak to the manager about these concerns, he was rude and sarcastic. The only positive thing about my stay was that the rooms were clean and well-kept...but our stay was a huge disappointment for a very high price. All in all, it isn't the best choice on the island...there are other hotels for the same price that actually have beach access and aren't so isolated, which is what I thought I was getting...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Valmer Resort is a luxury establishment nestled in the heart of Baie Lazare, located on the southern-coast, the most untouched part of Mahe Island. The Resort is just a few minutes walk from the sweeping Baie Lazare white sandy beach. Valmer Resort is a family-run establishment, and the owners have applied their own high standards in providing a comfortable stay for their esteemed guests, a philosophy which has ensured the success and growth of this small hotel. Valmer Resort has undergone extensive refurbishment and renovation in 2012 of all its public areas and all villas, introducing new facilities including more parking spaces, children's playground, club car service, 2 new Junior Suites with jacuzzis and new Pool Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Valmer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valmer Hotel Mahe Island
- Valmer Resort Mahe Island
- Valmer Resort Seychelles/Mahe Island