“Perfect place to relax under the shade & enjoy the sunset” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect place to relax under the shade & enjoy the sunset”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Opera is one of those places in Mahe, where you just want to sit for hours and appreciate the nature around you. Of-course the food is wonderful.
With its place just across a beautiful beach, you can enjoy your food outdoors with the sound of the waves, and breeze passing by your ears. After a tiring play at the beach, nothing like a beer under the shade at Opera. The staff is friendly and they have good variety of food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Two of us had lunch of 'Fish and Chips'. Given that fish is a staple in Seychelles there is no excuse for what we were served. It was not fish as such but more like 'goujons' - small strips of fish coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried. The fish was so tough I actually thought it was chicken! There was no taste of fish, or of anything for that matter. It was served with a salad which looked nice but tasted odd. Then I found a small piece of plastic in mine - I could have choked if I had eaten that. I am sorry to say that I did not complain to the staff present. I know that I should have done that but I did not want to embarrass the person I was with.
By the way, the chips were really good!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We ate here a number of times while staying at the near by Kempinski hotel.

The food was great, very reasonable and great service, a lovely setting and great value.

We really enjoyed the evenings we spent here, the staff even booked us taxis back to our hotel after our meal.
Worth a visit.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
traveling cat
“seems to be geared more to locals than tourists”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

which is fine but there weren't a lot of restaurants close by us so we went here our first night. The food was adequate but my fish fingers were a bit overdone and too crunchy. Think what turned me off the most was their big boom box on the counter and playing quite loudly on the local radio station which just wasn't my cup of tea for music. And the staff wasn't that friendly.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bedfordshire
“Very poor and overpriced, go elsewhere unless just for pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Really disappointed, unfortunately the old restaurant had been recommended to us. Sadly the new one (now named Opera) while looking good was pretty poor. Very pricey food and drinks. We eventually ordered a seafood pasta, fish, salad and pizza's. to summarise the service was non-existent, short of having to actually deliver the food, they even mixed up our order, we got two bowls of salad then just about to start they came and removed one! To summarise, the pizzas were ok, and if you are going just for these then it's acceptable, however the fish and seafood pasta were terrible considering the vast numbers of fish that the Seychelles have (my family come from the Seychelles so I have a good idea of Seychelles cooking and buying fish). The seafood pasta had two large prawns on it, looks good.....until you find there is no other seafood in it! Fish portions very small, but ok. Salad small, poor range but edible. We left no tip (no service to speak of) and they didn't even ask if we were enjoying our meal. So I told them at payment that I would never return based on what we had eaten (with exception of the pizza's) just hope they stop ripping off people and get some proper creole food cooking. Really disappointed, rather eat at the Pirates arms or elsewhere. Suggest you do the same.

• Visited October 2013