While I can see where some of the other reviews are coming from in terms of "wear and tear" I think the positives much outweight the negatives. Having spend the first six nights of our honeymoon at the St. Anne Resort, which we thought was a disaster, we were so happy to come to our hill side villa which we thought was amazing. We had a view over the tree tops and the entire bay and nobody could see into our area or our pool which is great when you are on honeymoon. The nightly sundowner in our private pool overlooking the magical setting will be missed.
The attention to detail and the great service makes the place extra special. While we were there the sea was quite rough but the waves looked amazing from our villa and it made for a great atmosphere when we walked on the beach.
Saffron, the Thai restaurant, was great and we had an in-villa BBQ twice which we really enjoyed.
All in all we loved the setting as well as our villa (505) which we would take again any day over a beach front villa for the view and privacy that it affords. We took a look at the villa by the rocks. It seemed pretty much like our hillside villa only that it had a jacuzzi which I don't feel is worth the additional price you pay.
I can't confirm one of the previous reviews which said that the pool was never cleaned. Our pool was cleaned every other day, and they placed beautiful flowers into the pool for us...
I agree that some of the villas (especially the beach front villas) could be renovated in the near future. I think that the waves creat a lot of salt water in the air, which is very corrosive. But I don't think that this was as big a deal as other reviewers have made it out to be... We were very happy and loved the place...
We would definately come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Seychelles offers an intimate retreat experience featuring its own signature blend of romance, rejuvenation and exotic sensuality. The philosophy behind the resort is based on providing a place for rejuvenation of the body, mind and soul – a sanctuary for the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Seychelles Hotel Mahe Island
- Banyan Tree Seychelles Mahe Island