My family and I spent 7 nights at Constance Ephelia in June. My kids are aged between 3 and 9. We opted for a Family Villa and we were not dissapointed. The 3 bedroom villa was very spacious and easily accomodated the 5 of us. The villa also has its own private swimming pool, which was a bonus for the younger kids. The Family Villas are situated relatively close to the North Beach (3-5min walk). Each villa has a dedicated villa host, which you can call for anything you require.
The resort itself is vast and travelling between the beaches, restaurants and activities can be a little frustrating (particularly if you have young kids). The resort does have shuttles running between the South side and the North side and you can ask you villa host to pick you up/drop you off at various destinations but there is usually a bit of a wait involved. The North beach is the more popular beach as it is more picturesque and less windy than the South Beach. The South Beach however is very shallow and is more popular with people with very young kids as well as canoeists.
The Kids Club (situated on the South side)was very popular with the kids. The Club prepared a timetable of activities for the week and the kids were able to choose the activities that appealed to them. Activities included music, art, games, sport and excursions.
The resort offers various activities on site - enough to keep you busy for a week! We did snorkeling in the marine reserve, a helicopter ride around the island, hikes around the resort and boat rides amongst other things. They also offer things like ziplining and rock climbing, which we unfortunately could not fit into our schedule.
The are several restuarants on site specialising in various cuisine from Creole to Chinese and there is also a fine dining option. The quality in the main buffet restuarant (Carrousel) was OK (It offers a large enough variety of options though). All the restuarants had a kids menu, which inluded kid friendly fare (Pizza, burger, nuggets, etc) and my kids were very happy with their food options for the week. My wife and I preferred the Chinese restaurant (Adam and Eve) over the other restaurants - The food was much better than the other restaurants.
Overall, a very enjoyable and relaxing holiday. I would definately go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rekindle your passion for life at the beautiful, family-friendly 5* Constance Ephelia. Relax and unwind on the hotel’s two stunning white-sand beaches lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. Set on the island of Mahe and overlooking the Port Launay National Marine Park, Ephelia offers a treasure trove of discovery for divers and snorkelers. Relish the luxury of space in the elegantly contemporary accommodation. Choose from 7 types of accommodation from the luxurious junior and senior suites to the super deluxe hillside villas. Discover your favourite of our 5 restaurants each offering something deliciously different. Pamper yourself with a wide range of treatments at our Spa Village or even stay in one of our spa villas complete with private pool and treatment room. Have fun and keep active at our fully equipped gym or challenge the kids to a game of tennis, squash or even beach volleyball. We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Escapio, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island