Stayed 6 nights from 12th July. We got married on an island off south beach 23 years ago and wanted to show our 2 teenage children the place. This hotel was not even thought of then. We arrived on the early morning flight from Dubai. At the airport lots of taxis and we paid $60 for the 45 minute journey, 4 of us with 4 cases. They accept Euros and pounds. By the taxi rank there is a Barclays cashpoint and money changing office, this seemed to be a better rate than the hotel.
At the hotel there are 2 receptions one for the villas and senior suites. Our room was ready and we were taken by our villa host who drove us around in a golf buggy to show us what we need to know. When we got to the villa our bags were waiting.We asked if we could have breakfast that day instead of the day we leave as it was so early and this was fine. We booked a 2 bedroomed family villa but got a 2 bedroom spa villa. from what I could tell the treatment area was turned in to a bedroom. We had 2 bathrooms and also a huge spa bath sauna and something we had not seen before a steam shower. We all liked this. Its a steam room with a shower. The villa was wonderful. All the doors opened out on to our own pool. We had 3 big televisions all connected to the internet, which was free.The standard of the accommodation was very high.
The hotel is large and spread out but we enjoyed the walks especially of an evening as the temperature was just right. If we did not want to walk we just got a buggy. The villa also had 2 bikes. The beaches are excellent and as the hotel is set in between 2 hills its very green.
The food is good but not brilliant. What does help is that on HB you can choose what restaurant you want to eat at so this does add to the variety of the food and the setting.
A lot of reviews talk about the cost and I agree that wine is very expensive, but there are also lots of free things that you save on. The pedalos, canoes snorkling equipment are all free. You can use the facilities at the spa free until 1pm and so I did not feel they were out just to get money off you.
One of the buggies offered to show us the presidential villa and our children had their photos taken in the pool over looking the bay.
This hotel is good the villa is amazing and as long as you are not looking for a lot of night life I would recommend this hotel. I think our teenagers may of got bored if we had stayed longer but then you dont go to the Seychelles for anything other than what this hotel does well, views sea beaches sun etc.When ever we had room service, usually a bucket of ice, we received a phone call checking it had arrived. On depature the hotel arranged an out side taxi. Hotel transport was a 100 euros, the taxi they arranged was £43, so again I felt this was good. Some hotels I have stayed at would have not have told you of this and would not of helped you book it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rekindle your passion for life at the beautiful, family-friendly 5* Constance Ephelia. Relax and unwind on the hotel’s two stunning white-sand beaches lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. Set on the island of Mahe and overlooking the Port Launay National Marine Park, Ephelia offers a treasure trove of discovery for divers and snorkelers. Relish the luxury of space in the elegantly contemporary accommodation. Choose from 7 types of accommodation from the luxurious junior and senior suites to the super deluxe hillside villas. Discover your favourite of our 5 restaurants each offering something deliciously different. Pamper yourself with a wide range of treatments at our Spa Village or even stay in one of our spa villas complete with private pool and treatment room. Have fun and keep active at our fully equipped gym or challenge the kids to a game of tennis, squash or even beach volleyball. We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Escapio, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island