“Beautiful location - good for toddlers” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Constance U Spa Offer
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Mahe Island
Doha, Qatar
“Beautiful location - good for toddlers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a lovely holiday and truly relaxed with a toddler! there are always pros and cons here are a few of ours..

2 adults and a 23 month old baby. We stayed in a senior suite number 60 on the ground floor looking out towards the ocean, lovely, spacious and private. Noisy bats, in the trees near by, I guess its a nature reserve....

There was a play area for our toddler just outside with swings climbing frame etc. and a beach box full of beach toys. little Kabana snack place/bar very useful albeit a bit greasy, caesar salad wrap was good the rest dripping, could be better. The beach was beautiful and having hired a car for the day I think our location was one of the nicest on the island.

The lovely bathroom was large enough for us to shift the cot in there at night if we wanted to watch a movie. and the baby sitting service was good we kept the same babysitter for the week. When we went snorkelling we dropped the toddler at the kids club with the babysitter, and she brought him to us after. As with our spa massage, again the babysitter came to the room whilst our toddler had a nap.

Restaurants were ok, no fresh milk all UHT on the island, but they did have yoghurt and cheese so our baby tucked into this each day to get his dairy, I guess you could bring formula, or freeze milk to bring, but it was not big deal in the end. Found it helpful to bring some little snaplid pots to save a few leftovers from breakfast for the toddler, and brought a few snack bars with us too.

Food OK overall, service in Corossol at breakfast could be better. Toddler spilt his juice and staff member just looked then walked past, 10 mins later I asked for it to be cleaned up as people might slip on it. She was very busy though. Saying that most of the staff were very helpful.

Cyann was the nicest restaurant nice wine list and tasty food. We did a wine pairing menu, and being pregnant they paired all my meals with a mocktail which was really nice, meanwhile my husband got tipsy!

Had dinner at Helios - Tajine night, you really have to book 24 hours in advance for some of the restaurants as they do get full, we had wanted to go to Adam and Eve restaurant as we live in the middle east and eat Tajine a lot. My beef was very tasty, husbands fish was overcooked. However it was just a small tajine pot of beef, no cous cous or accompaniments. Not enough for a pregnant lady.. Service was good.

Dinner at Adam and Eve, better than Tajine, more choice, but three dishes - fish, beef and chicken all tasted the same and felt like they had the same black bean or oyster sauce on them. Good kids dinner fish and steamed veg.

We didnt make dinner at Corossel, as we ate breakfast there each day. and Selewa was closed during our visit.

I did request room service for toddler and specified fish fingers and steamed veg, at a specific time which was perfect for him, the service was great.

No changing facilities/tables in restaurants which meant I had to do it on the floor - a little disappointing and not easy being 7 months pregnant, so bring a mat to change your baby on.

Lots of Ants everywhere, cant do much about it really,and mosquitos at sunset despite fumigating, bring repellant.

Overall though with babysitting and a beautiful beach, nice room, we had a lovely time, very relaxing spa and massage, hired a Kayak on the south Island as there are a few islands to explore, and had a paddle with our toddler (they have a baby life vest) this was lots of fun, fed the tortoises which was fun too. and had couple of really nice dinners at Cyann. I recommend this resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 60 senior suite north side, lovely location and suite, noisy bats though. Can see...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tring, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a week at Constance Ephelia at the end of February into March. We were concerned about the size of the hotel and after having read some of the reviews. We have been to other Constance hotels and found this to be equally as good - if not better. We had a beach villa that included a villa host - Naren - who was attentive but not intrusive. We were given bikes and could call for a buggy to transport us any where whenever we wanted. The villa was comfortable and when we did have problems with the tv and wine cooler they were dealt with promptly and efficiently.
The food was excellent (we ate in 3 of the restaurants) and room service excellent.
We liked that we could get lunch from the cabana on the north beach.
It rained. The staff were brilliant, not fusing but ensuring that we weren't getting wet during meals.
There was an abundance of towels on the beach and round the pool and little touches like children's beach toys was delightful. There were also colourful unbreakable crockery laid out on each high chair. Very thoughtful.
Every day a gang of ladies worked their way up and down the north beach removing the seaweed and keeping the beach immaculate. Fantastic!
The only down side of the holiday for us was the journey via Abu Dhabi - we missed our connection and were delayed almost 24hours.

Room Tip: The north side villas are quiet and close to the beach
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

new ,high tech elegent resort..it is situated on 2 beaches each of which we snorkeled. we were transported to the different beach(north) and restaurant by electric buggies . We were there on a half board program which was more than adequate. breakfast buffet huge and lots of choices as was the dinner. The staff was very attentive and quick to answer any questions. the pools were all laid in tile and very clean I think there were 5 pools so we never had to search for a beach chair.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Reading, Berks UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Having looked at a number of reviews, it is clear this perhaps doesn't reach the 5 star levels, with a few silly things like the lights tripping in the bedroom and failing to pass on an excursion booking...but... The staff are very good and are responsive to any issues. This isn't the sort of place whe the staff are all over you bowing and scrapping (that happens in Asia not Africa) but they are all polite friendly and helpful and in some respects I enjoyed being given a little space rather than having someone running around after me all the time. The jewel is for sure the surroundings and although this is a big resort, it is so spread out you never feel like it is crowded... Indeed we often had the south beach or our pool to ourselves. Since the hotel is set behind the trees, when you look at the shore line you would not even know there was a resort hidden there. Extras are expensive but then we went to Victoria and actually things are expensive anyway...why? Because Seychelles is 1000miles from anywhere so everything has to be shipped in, so it will be expensive....having said that a bottle of wine each evening won't break the bank just lok through the menu for something "sensible". Otherwise enjoy and check out the waterfall!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Coming from the airport, a driver was already waiting to take me to the hotel. It took less than an hour with some lovely views on the way - Seychelles is mountainous and though the roads are good, I was still thankful to have an excellent driver navigate those uphill and downhill turns.

It was around 9 a.m. when I got there and found the lobby full of other guests waiting to check-in. Tea, coffee and pastries were available while we waited. (The hotel had a lovely open lounge/lobby area and already I had great views of the ocean!) Fortunately, I didn't have to wait too long - before noon I was taken to my Junior suite by a golf cart and it was just perfect! The bed was decorated with flowers, as was the bathroom, and I had a little balcony outside with some comfy chairs. One side of the bathroom opened to a tiny private garden. Everything was provided for: thick, clean towels, bottled water, tea/coffee-making facilities, toiletries and robe. The room was cleaned every morning and everything was well-maintained, including the gardens outside.

The hotel grounds are extensive, hence the use of the golf carts. You could walk but the heat can make it unbearable. The gardens and grounds are very well-kept and everywhere was clean and orderly. Well, it is a fairly new hotel. Against a backdrop of mountains, it was scenic everywhere!

I was on half board and this is a good deal as the hotel is somewhat out of the way. Breakfast and dinner buffets were superb! Such a lot of variety! Dinner usually had a theme and there was always a great big fish they had caught for the day. In general, staff were attentive, asking what I'd like to drink, how my food was and taking empty plates away. One night though, and it wasn't even a busy night, for some reason no one came near me and I nearly had to shake the arm of a passing waiter just to order a drink! I got my drink but nobody was clearing my table after each course or asked if I wanted coffee or tea later like they normally do. It was only when I was leaving the table that a couple of staff came alive and wished me good evening and said they hoped I had enjoyed the food! I was a little put out by that time but it was the one and only negative experience I had during my stay.

The pool is nice and clean, though not very big. It was 5 minutes from my room but I spent more time at the beach. The weather was perfect during my stay - hot and sunny so this really made an ideal beach holiday for me! There are 2 beaches - the furthest one on the north is better for swimming as the other one (close to the lobby) is too shallow. You can walk for about 15 minutes to get to the north side or just wait for the golf cart - there is usually one somewhere. Lots of sunbeds available. There are locals who use the beach but they don't bother you. Beach boys come up and ask if you want to take trips to other islands for snorkeling and barbecue and other excursions. Their prices are ridiculously expensive - the hotel will offer more reasonable rates.

The hotel provides good sightseeing trips and some free activities in the morning like yoga. Staff are friendly and will answer any questions and make recommendations. You can also get the shuttle into town in the morning and it'll pick you up later in the afternoon. It's a good way to see a little bit of Mahe and the market. I enjoyed the trips to Praslin and La Digue - gorgeous islands! For those who like to buy souvenirs, I found the prices in Praslin and La Digue a little cheaper compared to Mahe - haggle!

When I first came I didn't check the items in the mini-bar (which you have to pay for if you take anything). I did this on my second night and found that there were 2 drinks missing from the list. Concerned that I would be charged for them I called up housekeeping and tried to explain. At first they thought I was complaining about their service but when they realized what I was talking about they assured me that I really wouldn't be charged anything. After 10 minutes they sent a free bottle of white wine to my room as an apology! Amazing!! How many hotels would've done that?! It was just an example of their wonderful hospitality.

My flight was in the evening and they confirmed my airport transfer at 8 p.m. On my last day I checked out at noon and was assured I could still use all the facilities. They even have a little storage room just off the reception where I could keep my luggage. I spent the day at the beach and late in the afternoon used the showers and changing rooms for guests near the reception. There was a little queue as apparently a lot of other guests with evening flights were doing that too. The hotel provides 2 computers for free which was very convenient while waiting.

All in all, I had a wonderful time here: great service, friendly staff, good food and relaxing ambiance. I would love to come again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The place is nice, there are two beaches, which is very convenient for windy days, the rooms are large and clean.
But we had FOOD POISONING. I'm a physician so I know what I'm talking about. We had the worst night of our vacation because of the buffet. We had to cancel our flights. We gently ask to be reimbursed for ONLY one night, since my girlfriend and I spent it vomiting but they did nothing. This is inacceptable fot that level of price. The manager suddenly knew more about medicine than I and explained to me that vomiting after a dinner and felling better the next morning could be anything and I had no proof, talke about test!!!. VERY DISSAPOINTED.
DON'T GO THERE, TO MANY NICER PLACES AROUND

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
EpheliaResort, Manager at Constance Ephelia, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Sir and Madam,

Greetings from Constance Ephelia Seychelles!

We acknowledge receipt of your message below and would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback. Although we are glad to learn that you found our place nice and happy with the quality and size of our rooms in general, we are very sorry to learn about your disappointment concerning the alleged food poisoning encountered during your stay in our resort.

We would like to emphasize the fact that we have a resort doctor who remains on-call 24 hours a day to offer medical assistance, if needed by our guests. In this unfortunate situation, our resort doctor was only consulted in the morning so in effect the treatment was not done during the night that you asserted to be sick.

We can assure you that your comments were taken very seriously and a full and thorough investigation was carried out by our team to trace the source of any possible food poisoning in our Corossol Restaurant. We are satisfied that on this occasion we have met all the required stringent regulations and health standards to ensure we maintain the highest levels of hygiene within our resort as part of the HACCP certification we received in December 2012, and as such there's no trace of food poisoning was found. We can only apologize that the illness you and your wife had experienced, did not able to enjoy the last night of your holiday. On the same note, we are pleased to inform you that on the same evening, we have not received any concerns or sign of sickness from other guests who dined in our Corossol Restaurant.

We do not question the fact that you and your wife have been sick; however a claim of "food poisoning" cannot be affirmative without having done food or body fluid testing by relevant and certified parties.

Following your meeting with our resort doctor prior your departure to Praslin, we were glad to learn that you and your wife were feeling much better.

We remain at your disposal, should you need any further assistance.

Thanks & regards,

The Management
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed 2 weeks in February 2013 in this marvellous hotel together with our adult children. The location of the hotel is excellent, it lays on an enormous territory, in a gorgeous park, the plants are carefully taken after, the whole garden is extraordinary. The buildings are secluded enough, that you feel almost alone on the shore. An electric shuttle bus service delivers guests from one place to the other, because the whole site is so huge.
Rooms are nicely furnished, cleaned thoroughlly, really very tidy.
We paid halfboard, which proved to be a good idea, because the food - both breakfast and dinner- was outstandingly suppper! We counted, at dinner 12 types of hot dishes had been served, and there had been a lot cold salads, deserts e.t.c For breakfast each day 3 types of fresh squeezed juices were offered (orange, pineapple, banana, cranberry, mango). You can not name a breakfast dish which was not offered. It was really amasing!
The staff was friendly and helpful, although we felt that some of them were shy to talk to us. (for example in the shops. Don't ask why!)
The pool site and the ocean shore was steadily cleaned, the staff was extremly helpful. Esspecially Terence, who knew everything about the island, we learned a lot from him. He even lent us two caps, so that we would be able to take part in the Seychelles marathon. We felt as he had been an old friend of ours.
The only bad experience was at arrival, when we were told that our room was not ready. We arrived at 9 in the morning, and every hour a new schedule was said, Leonardo, the guest service man was totally unconcerned about our problem. At last we asked for the manager, and could get our room at 13 (Just imagine, in long trousers, waiting for 4 hours at 35°C!)
As a compensation we were granted a bottle of champagne.
Apart from that the whole holiday was a dream, a fairy tale.
We definitely suggest to choose this hotel if you want to visit Seychelles.

Room Tip: All the rooms are with seaview, I think you can not choose false.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Constance Ephelia? Share your experiences!