We had a lovely holiday and truly relaxed with a toddler! there are always pros and cons here are a few of ours..
2 adults and a 23 month old baby. We stayed in a senior suite number 60 on the ground floor looking out towards the ocean, lovely, spacious and private. Noisy bats, in the trees near by, I guess its a nature reserve....
There was a play area for our toddler just outside with swings climbing frame etc. and a beach box full of beach toys. little Kabana snack place/bar very useful albeit a bit greasy, caesar salad wrap was good the rest dripping, could be better. The beach was beautiful and having hired a car for the day I think our location was one of the nicest on the island.
The lovely bathroom was large enough for us to shift the cot in there at night if we wanted to watch a movie. and the baby sitting service was good we kept the same babysitter for the week. When we went snorkelling we dropped the toddler at the kids club with the babysitter, and she brought him to us after. As with our spa massage, again the babysitter came to the room whilst our toddler had a nap.
Restaurants were ok, no fresh milk all UHT on the island, but they did have yoghurt and cheese so our baby tucked into this each day to get his dairy, I guess you could bring formula, or freeze milk to bring, but it was not big deal in the end. Found it helpful to bring some little snaplid pots to save a few leftovers from breakfast for the toddler, and brought a few snack bars with us too.
Food OK overall, service in Corossol at breakfast could be better. Toddler spilt his juice and staff member just looked then walked past, 10 mins later I asked for it to be cleaned up as people might slip on it. She was very busy though. Saying that most of the staff were very helpful.
Cyann was the nicest restaurant nice wine list and tasty food. We did a wine pairing menu, and being pregnant they paired all my meals with a mocktail which was really nice, meanwhile my husband got tipsy!
Had dinner at Helios - Tajine night, you really have to book 24 hours in advance for some of the restaurants as they do get full, we had wanted to go to Adam and Eve restaurant as we live in the middle east and eat Tajine a lot. My beef was very tasty, husbands fish was overcooked. However it was just a small tajine pot of beef, no cous cous or accompaniments. Not enough for a pregnant lady.. Service was good.
Dinner at Adam and Eve, better than Tajine, more choice, but three dishes - fish, beef and chicken all tasted the same and felt like they had the same black bean or oyster sauce on them. Good kids dinner fish and steamed veg.
We didnt make dinner at Corossel, as we ate breakfast there each day. and Selewa was closed during our visit.
I did request room service for toddler and specified fish fingers and steamed veg, at a specific time which was perfect for him, the service was great.
No changing facilities/tables in restaurants which meant I had to do it on the floor - a little disappointing and not easy being 7 months pregnant, so bring a mat to change your baby on.
Lots of Ants everywhere, cant do much about it really,and mosquitos at sunset despite fumigating, bring repellant.
Overall though with babysitting and a beautiful beach, nice room, we had a lovely time, very relaxing spa and massage, hired a Kayak on the south Island as there are a few islands to explore, and had a paddle with our toddler (they have a baby life vest) this was lots of fun, fed the tortoises which was fun too. and had couple of really nice dinners at Cyann. I recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rekindle your passion for life at the beautiful, family-friendly 5* Constance Ephelia. Relax and unwind on the hotel’s two stunning white-sand beaches lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. Set on the island of Mahe and overlooking the Port Launay National Marine Park, Ephelia offers a treasure trove of discovery for divers and snorkelers. Relish the luxury of space in the elegantly contemporary accommodation. Choose from 7 types of accommodation from the luxurious junior and senior suites to the super deluxe hillside villas. Discover your favourite of our 5 restaurants each offering something deliciously different. Pamper yourself with a wide range of treatments at our Spa Village or even stay in one of our spa villas complete with private pool and treatment room. Have fun and keep active at our fully equipped gym or challenge the kids to a game of tennis, squash or even beach volleyball. We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Escapio, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island