“Nice grounds, disgustingly filthy rooms, unfriendly and incompetaent staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Gai Beach Resort Spa Hotel

You added Gai Beach Resort Spa Hotel to your Saves list
Gai Beach Resort Spa Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derech Hamerchatzaot Road | P. O. Box 274, Tiberias, Israel   |
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Tiberias
Bettendorf
“Nice grounds, disgustingly filthy rooms, unfriendly and incompetaent staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days with a tour group. Interestingly enough this was supposedly an upgrade due to complaints about Hotel Caesar's where we were supposed to stay. The lobby and grounds are lovely and well maintained. The pleasant atmosphere stops there. We got to our room and it hadn't been cleaned after the prior guests had checked out. The maid had changed the bed linens and towels but that was all she did. The carpet which hadn't been vacuumed was badly in need of a good shampoo which had probably NEVER been done. It was terribly stained. The couch in the room was filthy and stained. There was something red and sticky spilled on the desk and dried on food on the table on the deck.
The bathroom was worse. There was dried coffee in the sink and dried toothpaste outside the sink. When I picked up the glasses from the tray I found to my disgust, short, black, surly hairs under them, as well as under the soaps and shampoos. Additionally the shampoo had been used by the previous occupants and put back on the tray. The bathtub had a scum ring all around it. and white reside in the entire tub. The light switches were grubby as was anything that could be touched by hands in the room. There was a layer of black dust on the hair dryer.
I called the desk to ask for someone to clean the room. They sent two young men who were very nice but had no idea what to do. One of them left and came back a while later with a towel which he proceeded to wet and start wiping things down. I told him that was unacceptable and he needed some cleaner. He left and a while later came back with a bucket, a dish scrubber and about 2 inches of Mr. Clean in the bottom of the bucket. I took it from him, told him to get me some rags and started cleaning the room myself. When he didn't come back soon enough with the rags I used the towels to clean it. I had to ask 5 times for someone to come and vacuum. Our room was not cleaned once by the staff the entire 3 days we were there. The maid came in and changed the sheets and some days would change the towels but one day didn't even give us clean towels. She never changed the dirty glasses.
The rest of the hotel was a nightmare as well No one on the staff is trained properly, including bar people, dining room staff and front desk staff. They were all extremely rude and unfriendly for our entire stay. Everyone in our group of 32 commented on how rude and untrained the staff was. Everything at the bar was expensive and one of our friends was not allowed to take coffee into the dining room to have after dinner. She had to pay for a cup of coffee and was told she had to drink it where she was and could not have it in the dining room. Completely unacceptable.
We made several attempts to talk to the management about our problems but they were also extremely rude and unhelpful.
My husband complained that I should not have to clean my own room when on my dream vacation and he insisted that the staff apologize to me and comp our bar bill No one apologized, but our bar bill was comped and we were given a fruit plate and some chocolates. They still didn't clean one thing in the room though and I took our dirty glasses to the front desk and said, "thank you for the chocolates and fruit, now may I please have clean glasses"? I could tell by the look on the managers face that he was also disgusted by the filthy glasses but he was still rude and never once apologized for our inconvenience.
We were also not able to go to the beach, in spite of this being called Gai Beach Hotel. We walked along the water and it was fenced all the way and there was no beach. I would have loved to swim in the sea but no such luck.
The only bright spot of our trip was the barbeque night. The staff that night were all pleasant and helpful. They must have hired other people for that night because they were all so nice and the food was excellent. The hummus bar was a huge hit, as were the steaks and chicken.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Hebrew first
Sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Very dirty, outdated moldy rooms which pose a health hazard. Would have left immediately if we had not been with a tour group. Customer service is non-existent. Extremely large group staying while we were there holding musical "revival" on outside patio near rooms beginning at 4:00 am - loudspeakers, music, etc. Woke many of us up but front desk said they could do "nothing about it.". Very rude staff. Tables aren't bussed. Drink orders not taken at dinner leaving you to fend for yourself. Don't order a bottle of wine because the staff members do not know how to use a wine opener (this is not a joke) and one manager appears to be in possession of the only wine opener in the entire resort, probably because he is the only one who knows how to use it. It took 25 minutes one night to get 2 glasses of red wine at the bar as 6 different employees attempted to open the bottle with a cheap, plastic, broken

• Stayed October 2013
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

WE are in a group who of 48 people staying here for 3nights. Complaints have been continues since we arrived. FILTHY rooms, the worst, arrogant service, unfriendly staff not resolving many issues and complaints, doors unlocked from accessible balcony, money stolen out of hotel rooms, public area bathrooms with NO toilet paper and NO SOAP!!! The same restrooms used by staff at the restaurants!!! DISGUSTING!!!
VERY BAD HOTEL and we will be complaining to our tour company to insure they never use this flea bag again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My non-smoking room was filled with ashtrays and with cans up and down the hall for your smoking pleasure. I stayed 3 1/2 days enduring a blend of smoke and mildew whenever I was in the room, since the place was full and they couldn't move me. Since I have a lung condition that makes smoky conditions hazardous for me, this was particularly upsetting.

The buffet meals we experienced were "OK" but tiring after the first day; all repetitious. Sunsets were beautiful over the water, and the location is certainly awe-inspiring.

But inspired as I was, I still would have enjoyed a nice adult beverage at night. It is unbelievable the lack of choice, outrageous prices and poor pours. But this was true all over the country, not just at this hotel.

The beach was a tiny access to the water paved with painful rocks. But the waterpark looked awesome. Wish we had made it back to the hotel just once so I could experience it! I am 8 years old at heart.

The most disappointing part of the experience was the service. The very young lobby servers were much more interested in doing each others' hair than helping guests. They often would brazenly ignore your requests for help. It was an interesting reaction that seems to be tolerated by management.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have to offer better views, but I knew of no one with a standout room. If smokef...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I only wish i stayed more that two nights. Beautiful hotel, right on the sea of Galilee, incredible pools, and great food. BBq dinner outside was fantastic. I highly recommend booking a few nights here, and take one day just to lounge by the pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashdod, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This place is unique for its special location; it's good beach,pools, water slides, all of them together makes it a brilliant and joyfull for children, they׳ d love it! .we stayed for 3 nights, with breakfast & dinner and the food was varied and tasty, it' s also very oriented for children like all the hotel . Rooms are not fancy to say the least, it' s decoration is all 80' and basic but on the other hand it' s not to small, its clean and well reserved. Don't expect for high quality of service but if you need something you'll get it ( they believe on do it your self style). All together it's good 3 stars hotel and if you don't expect for more you will be more than satisfied. If you looking for 5 star hotel you are expecting a disappoint that will increase any minute of your stay ( if you ask me you shouldn't look for that in the sea of Galile at all in exception with the scotch hotel) .

Room Tip: If possible ask for sea view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

What's not to like about a hotel in a good location that the kids absolutely loved?
The water park was enjoyed by all, including the adults. As was the "lake front", river pool, and the big pool.
Drinks were flowing while the kids were having a blast.

So what's not to love?...............the rooms are smaller than what you would get on a cruise ship.
It was a little tight in there for the 4 of us.

Breakfast was very good and the hotel was very accomodating to our large 14 person group. We also enjoyed their outdoor bbq one night. The food was pretty good and the setting along the Sea was even better.

So if you are into water them parks for your kids enjoyment, this is the place. If you are looking for a more traditional, comfortable hotel room, this is not the place.

The staff in the restaurant and at the pool were all very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Gai Beach Resort Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!