“pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel

You added Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel to your Saves list
Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Eliezer Kaplan Street | Tiberias, Tiberias 14100, Israel   |
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Tiberias
RIVERVIEW, FL
“pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed at the hotel the night of Nov. 4th. We arrived in the evening tired after a long day so didn't get to do much in the evening. I did, however, enjoy the indoor hot tub which had a waterfall of pounding water to sooth my aching back. We ate dinner in the bar area. I had a salad and it was huge (and tasty)--not what I was expecting. The room was an accessible room and the bathroom was large enough for mom to get her wheelchair in and there were bars at the toilet and a shower she could roll into. The room could accommodate her chair but she wasn't able to move the chair around much. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and they had someone at the egg station for your egg orders. Overall, it was a restful stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear MMM1968,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Rimonim Galei Kinnereth, and for your generous review of the premises, facilities, food and service. It's always nice to get a positive review. Knowing our guests have enjoyed the vacation and facilities to the full makes it all worth while.
Hoping to have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Yoram Nassnowiz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Hebrew first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The location of the hotel is worth every penny - on the shore of the Sea of Galilee overlooking Tiberius. Just the sunsets over the Sea is worth the cost of the suite! It is worth booking a room with a balcony overlooking the pool side of the hotel. The breakfasts here, as with most Israeli hotels, are unimaginative but the quality is excellent and the service is good. The spa is worth visiting too for its diverse treatments. It is very clean! There is also free parking. The hotel is conveniently located and the Promenade is easily accessible. The reception staff can be a bit off hand but I think sometimes it is the lack of English which makes them sound grumpy.

Room Tip: Definitely a room with a view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Vbm6,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Rimonim Galei Kinnerth, and for your generous review of the premises, facilities, food and service. It's always nice to get a positive review. Knowing our guests have enjoyed the vacation and facilities to the full makes it all worth while.
Hoping to have the pleasure of your company again in the future /
Looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Yoram Nassonowiz
Watlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were members of a group who were connected by common interests who have known each other for 10 years.We arrived late in the evening and were hustled into the dinng room.Food was buffet and plentiful and kosher.Drink was available but difficult to obtain as waiters were of limited skill and obviously work to a different level of service performance.We all got fed, watered and wined( with the wine most difficult to obtain).
Israel is not a place for a gastronomic experience but you can enjoy a reasonable level of attention.The front desk were a joy ro behold and should be singled out for really top class service and assistance.
Our room was side on lake facing and had abrilliant sunrise each morning.
The hotel was a favourite haunte of David Ben Gourion and it still retains a degree of opulence and character .Would that the restaurant staff could look to providing a better level of service.

Room Tip: Any lake views essential to enjoy a unique experience
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Villa Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a really nice hotel on the Sea of Galilee. I had a view room of the Sea. Magnificent sunrises. Food was Ok but not great. We had breakfast and dinner included. Breakfasts were good but often the eggs were overcooked. Dinner, salads were plentiful but when it came to the cooked meats they were often overcooked and lacked flavor. Beef was so overcooked you could have worn the meat as shoe leather. Chicken and fish were better. They did have a very nice gym that provided a good daily workout. I have been told the hotel is the best in the area.

Room Tip: Get a view of the sea.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

First let me say that the location is just superb. We enjoyed being right on the Kinneret/Sea of Galilee. That was very nice. We enjoyed some beautiful sunrises from our balcony and also enjoyed the close proximity to the Tiberias promenade. Overall, the hotel wasn't bad but it was very over-priced. We paid over $550 USD and the room was very small. We are a family of four and it was supposed to be a quad room. It was tiny. We did have a balcony which added some space but this was not a room for 4 people. I was told by the staff that i had one of the larger rooms which is very hard to believe. The Israeli breakfast was included but it was average. Tiberias is somewhat of an Israeli backwater so you can't really expect this to be a 5star quality place...which is ok. However, they charge 5star prices and that is really the issue I had. The value just wasn't there. With that being said, we were there in August which is high season so everything in the area is evidently sky-high price-wise. Last word, the place wasn't bad, but it wasn't worth anywhere near $550USD nightly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
St. Thomas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I recently visited Tiberias and I was told by many people who had visited previously that the Rimonim Galei Hotel was one of the best in the area. I am glad that I listened. With that said, I will alert potential guests that it is an (Overseas 4 star).

The front desk staff was very helpful as they put me on the newer portion of the Hotel for no extra cost. I enjoyed the steam room - it was hot but delightful! the Whirlpool was spacious and hot - the way I like it. The food was exceptional. I had one problem with a server but before I could get really mad about the way she spoke to me; she found me and apologized.

The carpets could be ripped up and replaced.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer side of the Hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dagenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days before going on to Jerusalem. I was part of an organised tour with God TV.
When I first arrived I was unhappy with the room that frankly had not been cleaned from the last person & the bedding smelled. There was a view of the Sea of Gallilee (if you stood on a chair!). Although I had to stay there that night my room was changed the next morning & I was given one with a great view & a balcony. The private beach area was a great place to 'chill' on our return from touring the surrounding areas. The food was all freshly prepared & although buffet style, was very good. I enjoyed my time there - staff were pleasent & I felt they dealt well with my complaint.

Room Tip: Seems to be a bit of a lottery - as some of the people on our trip were very happy with their rooms...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Deborah K,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Rimonim Galei Kinnereth hotel and for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to hear the issue was fixed quickly and that you enjoyed the rest of your holiday. We go into great efforts to provide our guests with facilities and service beyond their expectations and we are glad you took advantage of those and enjoyed your vacation to the fullest.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,

Nadav Bracha

Been to Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel? Share your experiences!