“I loved the Kibbutz Lavi!” 5 of 5 stars

Kibbutz Lavi Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lower Galilee, Tiberias 15267, Israel   |
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Tiberias
United States
“I loved the Kibbutz Lavi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Clean-pleasant staff- nice little bar (with decent) wine- a little work out room. Beds/baths clean and quiet ~ it was all good for me. I'll stay there again! I liked the atmosphere of the kibbutz- a real taste of Israeli history and life.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hebrew first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I came here with a big tour group and it appears this is what the hotel caters to most from what I have seen. The place is just average really. Clean, relatively new and rooms well kept. The hotel is a good distance from Tiberius. So if you want to get away, relax, and do nothing much this is the place for you. If you like to shop, go to nice restaurants this is NOT the place for you. Just depends what you want. I do not mean this in a bad way. You just need to understand what this place is all about. It is a Kibbutz. In house restaurant serves the staple of food what we have been eating in these big buffets. I am glad I came to experience this and understand what this is all about but I prefer more luxurious amenities.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Freehold, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in mid-March as independent travelers, one of the few couples not part of a group. We got an upgraded room, at the 'Hod' level which had a balcony which we did not use because of the rainy weather. The room was fairly new, comfortable, and roomy. We had both breakfast and dinner at the kibbutz, which we enjoyed, particularly the large selection of Israeli salads. On the downside, the man at the front desk was a bit abrupt and did not alert us to the English language evening talk on Kibbutz life. We did not see the notice about the talks until the next day when that evening's talk was in Italian, probably catering to an Italian group.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tweed Heads, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I've pondered what to write about this hotel because normally I try to keep reviews as positive as possible but I'm afraid with the Kibbutz Lavi I have some negative comments as well. We stayed for two nights as part of a small tour group. The first night we arrived late after a huge day of travelling and sight-seeing and were feeling absolutely exhausted. After dinner we then attended an interesting talk on the workings of this kibbutz and life on the kibbutz in general presented by a nice man who'd lived there for over twenty years. It was rather good to learn a few things about it all. My first impression of the kibbutz hotel was how far away from reception our room was, probably the furthest distance than in any other hotel I've stayed in across the world. My first impression of the room was that is was okay and perfectly acceptable, but first impressions can be deceiving. Within seconds I could see that it hadn't been cleaned properly, if at all. The toilet had an odour of urine, and around the bed, bits of dropped pretzels, threads and other unidentified things were here and there on the carpet. A disgrace. However, being too exhausted to walk all the way back to reception and ask to change rooms so late or even call, I checked the bed, the linen and towels (which were clean) and decided to fall straight into bed and deal with it in the morning. After complaining to reception first thing in the morning, we then left for the day. When we returned that evening the room had been cleaned immaculately. It even smelt nice. A satisfactory result. Now to the food: I wasn't impressed one bit and would best describe it as ordinary. This hotel's food is no culinary delight. So mixed feelings here. Maybe some kibbutz members try hard to get things right, maybe some don't...I don't know. But what I do know is that this place fell well short of my standards. One good thing though and credit where credit is due ... the wifi worked really well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I am still cringing when I think about how badly designed this place is. The architects and designers should be punished along with whoever funded this building. The bathrooms are tiny with NO counter space and a door that swings inward hitting the toilet. The bedrooms are small with low beds and too much large furniture. Windows must be closed for the room fan to work and there is no fan in the bathroom. Carpet is old and dirty. Included meals are mediocre.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

For a Kibbutz whose main industry is its hotel, Lavi should be ashamed and embarrassed by its basic amenities. Minimal thin towels, and we were denied extras. No washcloths, though this seems to be an Israeli thing. (Tip: bring your own!) Worst: The pillows in our room were torn and broken chunks of foam stuffed into threadbare pillowcases. At midnight, I staggered to the front desk to demand something usable, and the bored night clerk dragged me to several storage rooms (whose cleanliness did not impress) to find a substitute. After he failed, he said he'd locate something for me and would bring it to my room. Needless to say, I waited up for a half hour and he never showed up. Service attitude is a shrug.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This hotel was a total disaster from the minute we arrived until we left it was bad. The food was not edible. It was cold and not very good. Sent some things to the laundry and after arguing with the front desk, finally got it back in a trash bag. Not folded, thrown in from the dryer. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It's terrible. Couldn't get a wash cloth for showering. Front desk people were nasty. Do not go to this place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Kibbutz Lavi Hotel? Share your experiences!