“The worst hotel during our trip, really :-(” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rimonim Mineral Tiberias

Save Saved
You added Rimonim Mineral Tiberias to your Saves list
Rimonim Mineral Tiberias
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ha'Marchatzaot Road | PO Box 22, Tiberias 14100, Israel   |
Ranked #22 of 35 hotels in Tiberias
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“The worst hotel during our trip, really :-(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were told by our tour operator that the hotel in Tiberias would be a Holiday Inn hotel, but it seems that the hotel was previously a Holiday Inn; but not anymore :-( This hotel was unfortunately the worst hotel during our pilgrimage trip :-( The hotel was old and really needed some renovation and upgraded works. Although the breakfast was still acceptable and nothing special, the staff supposed to assist were not sufficient. Most likely it was the reason why this hotel only got its doubtfully 3 stars now .......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
Winchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had thought not to bother with a review, as I usually write about good hotels. However, that would be missing the point of using "tripadvisor". This hotel was not a good place to stay. The room was very "tired", windows wouldn't close properly, and the bathroom was scruffy. The dining room was more a canteen than a restaurant, very crowded, dirty crockery and cutlery left on unoccupied tables and the staff seemed to be overwhelmed. The food was OK but the experience of getting it was not.

During our stay one receptionist was so rude and abusive, both to staff and customers, that for the first time ever, I wrote to the manager to complain. I received a polite response saying the matter would be dealt with, but no apology. An Israeli hotel guest, who witnessed one outburst, apologised to me for the receptionist's behaviour and confirmed that at least one of her long telephone conversations, while guests were waiting, was to her relatives. Her shouting at staff was loud, aggressive and embarrassing: it reverberated around the lobby area. I have no experience in hotel management but I am certain that this young woman’s gifting is not in reception work.

Other staff were kind and helpful, though sometimes rather stressed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Mineral Tiberias, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Neil M,

I received your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel in May 2013. I am familiar with this case since I also received your letter. I wish to thank you for informing us of your experience.

As I said in my former reply to you, I assure you that my staff and I do our utmost to meet the standards set by the Rimonim chain and your comments are treated with the greatest respect.

I wish to assure you that all your comments have been checked carefully and appropriate action will be taken to ensure that the faults will not be repeated.

I wish to thank you for taking the time to inform me of your experience and hope to see you amongst our guests in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

During a recent business trip to Israel my collegue and I decided to stay in Tiberies during the Shabat.
The hotel was booked through a local agency, i wish we had read the reviews before hand but unfortunately never quite had the time
On arriving at the hotel there were two things that struck me,
The first being the appearance of the hotel, it looked old and dated!
The second was that its not actually in Tiberias which is a good 25 ~ 30 min walk away
The reception desk had one member of staff who was completely overrun, this partly being to the fact that the Israeli people do not tend to like to wait their turn!
it took what seemed an eternity to get checked in.
Then there was the long wait for a lift to our floor, once again taking forever, possibly down to the fact only two elevators and during the Shabat one is on a go slow!
Room was smelly, floor looked like it had never been cleaned and room was generally in a poor state of repair.
Was supposed to be staying for two nights here, promptly checked out after first night and moved to Leonardo Plaza which IS in Tiberias - and the price was cheaper and yet standard ten times higher
Will not be visiting here again!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Mineral Tiberias, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Steve C,

I have received your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel during August 2013. I was very sorry to read your comments.

I can assure you that my staff and I do our utmost to meet the standards set by the Rimonim chain and your comments are treated with the greatest respect.

I wish to assure you that all comments have been checked carefully and appropriate action will be taken to ensure that such similar experience will not occur.

Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Wish I had checked out the reviews here before staying here but work commitment ment time was not at a premium, driving through Tiberius and 1km from it started warning bells ringing then the reception area was OK at best, staff not a problem, the bar area was not great considering its their only bar, 2 lifts which for a hotel this size does not work on the Shabat, room old and dated, we checked our after one night and went to the Leonado Plaza (cheaper too!) which is a level or 2 above, you feel like your in a classy hotel just walking in to the reception area.

• Stayed August 2013
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Mineral Tiberias, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Andrew S,

Boynton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't wait to get home to write a review about this hotel i know is that my mom went into the shower and found mold on the floor Bring your own shampoo, Because you won't find any in the bathroom. That reminds down. Old and needs to be remodeled. If you're going to say in a Rimonim hotel the kinneth. Never again

• Stayed June 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The reason for booking it was a fairly low price.

We checked in late. It took the (rather unwelcoming and inefficient) receptionist more than 10 minutes to check us in, and he had more questions to us than an average immigration officer.
At the reception, in addition to the room keys, were two paper cards with some small print. The small print said that the fine for not returning them at check-out is 30 shekel per card.

Hallways had an annoying smell, as if the carpet was flooded and just dried up.

We booked a room with the lake view, however the view was mainly to Highway 90 and the nearby palm trees.

The room was worn out. The towel hook was hanging on one nail, paint was chipped on the bathroom door, walls were dirty. The walls/doors are very thin. I could hear the elevator from my room, and I could follow others' lively conversations. My wife had to use earplugs to be able to fall sleep.

We were woken up at ~8am by sounds of a drill and a vacuum cleaner. When we went down to have a breakfast, the cleaning lady pushed water on my feet (and never even tried to apologize).

Breakfast itself was mediocre. It was a large buffet with a fairly large selection of dishes (fried eggs, pancakes, noodles, etc.), but they weren't overly tasty. Israeli hotels typically have excellent breakfasts, this one was not up to that standard.

Location-wise, the hotel is ~10 min drive south from Tiberias, and not in the city itself. Be prepared to drive.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have better views of the Kinneret
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Mineral Tiberias, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Zm_Gorynych,

We were very sorry to read your comments.
We can assure you that the hotel's staff do their utmost to meet the standards set by the Rimonim chain and your comments are treated with the greatest respect.
We wish to assure you that all comments have been checked carefully and appropriate action will be taken to ensure that such similar experience will not occur.
thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience and hope to see you amongst our guests in the near future.

Best regareds,

boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

It was an OK hotel, nothing spectacular, rooms had small balconies facing the lake, close to public beach but extremely far from the town of Tiberias. Thus, you were forced to eat at their restaurant whether you liked the food or not. In addition, food was extremely expensive and not very good, primarily Jewish foods not agreeable with a Christian diet. Hotel was chosen as part of an 8-day tour of Israel by a travel agency. Perhaps not the best choice of hotel. Place was relatively clean and staff relatively helpful. Be aware that the hotel location is very far from the the town of Tiberias - about an hour plus walk - which is a big let down if you want to shop, go out, etc. Another interesting thing, Bank's ATM machines do not provide receipts when you withdraw cash, one has to call the bank when back at home -odd -. Also, no heating system at all and temps were low forties at night and low fifties daytime. Very cold at the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Rimonim Mineral Tiberias? Share your experiences!