“WOW!!! Amazing food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avi's Restaurant

Avi's Restaurant
4 Ha-Kishon Street | In the Alley in Front of Leonardo Club Hotel, Tiberias, Israel
+972 4-679-1797
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Tiberias
Cuisines: Kosher, Steakhouse, Israeli, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Walnut, California
“WOW!!! Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

If I'm writing a review 2 months after being there it means I'm still thinking about that place! I took my mother, sister and boyfriend to a vacation in Tiberias and found that place after reading reviews. EVERYTHING is true and more. Avi was there made sure we are enjoying our meal, his daughter served us and you could tell she is his daughter just by the level of care she had!

Thank you Avi and Oshri for a wonderful food and great experience :)

• Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
“Thanks Avi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Went to Avi's for lunch while on a trip to visit Rambam's tomb. Avi and son were great and service was excellent while taking care of our 10 people table. Falafel was top notch. Hummus with meat was also pretty good. Kibbe Seniya was amazing and someone at our able said the chicken liver was fabulous. Overall a really great place to go eat with your family. Serving sizes were large and price was more than reasonable. Thanks Avi!

Visited August 2013
“Delicious and Plentiful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The kibeb seniya was awesome, also de chicken livers were the best i've tasted.

Excellent service, Avi and his son Meir treated us like family.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best "Steakiya" in Israel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went there with my family for dinner last night, and I have to say that for its class (a grill place) it's the best place I've been to in Israel. The food and service were both first rate, and the ambiance was charming. Regarding the food, my daughter ordered the 300g entrecote steak (which I tasted) which I have to say is on par with the best entrecote I've had in 11 years living in Israel. My son ordered the chicken schnitzel which was crispy and moist. My wife had the lamb chops (which I didn't taste because I don't enjoy lamb), which she said were a bit fatty (to be expected) but good. I had the grilled chicken breast which I would say was good to very good. Complimentary with the meal were 4 types of salads, falafel balls (which were outstanding!), pickles/olives/hot peppers, pita, "garlic bread" style pita, onion rings, and watermelon and melon. I won't elaborate, but the appetizers we ordered were also very good to excellent. Regarding the service, it was friendly (but not overly friendly), attentive, and fast.

My only gripe with the restaurant was that it was very loud (children crying and running all over the place). Because it is a "Steakiya" (grill place) you have to expect that type of clientele, so it made it more bearable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Weston, Florida, United States
“Amazing Evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I recently visited Avi's restaurant for dinner, we felt so at home! Avi and his son could have not been any more accommodating! They were only too happy to prepare dishes for us to try out, at one point we had 19 plates on the table. The food was delicious, I would highly recommend visiting Avi's for dinner. We had an amazing experience!