“Beautiful Dining Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 39 restaurants in Tiberias
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Little Tiberias is a quality chef-restaurant with a menu featuring gourmet French Mediterranean cuisine. The restaurant is located inside a building that forms part of the ancient city wall of Tiberias and that dates back to Roman times. Its special setting, as well as the beautifully planned interior, grant Little Tiberias an exclusive European atmosphere, like a little French Riviera on the shore of the Sea of Galilee.The restaurant is family-owned, and was opened by Rafi, the head of the family and the founder. The whole family are culinary specialists, with generations of acquired knowledge. They are headed by the restaurant's chef, David Oudiz, whose kitchen produces excellent original dishes - starters, appetizers, soups and pastas, and succulent main dishes of fish, meat and seafood. Try our entrecote beef steak (300 g), beef Stroganoff (250 g fillet of beef), shrimp martini (with a sauce of cream, garlic and basil, topped with Parmesan) and a whole range of fine dishes. Our menu features a selection of desserts and many quality wines. As befits a beautifully designed, romantic restaurant in a tourist destination, the clientele of Little Tiberias is very varied - guests are of all ages, foreign and Israeli tourists, couples, and regular clients from the city and the surrounding region who enjoy their dining experience and come back again and again. The atmosphere is relaxed, with a blend of harmonious background music - classical jazz, romantic music, and popular hits. In the 1980s, the building housed a famous pub that was a major leisure attraction in Tiberias and for residents of the region. Later, an Italian restaurant was opened, but in recent years the site was renovated and improved. Some dishes on the menu (like our renowned steak with pepper and cream), remain as before, with all the tradition and know-how that the family accumulated. The restaurant, designed by architect Gadi Shamir, has two wings: the old, authentic wing, with beautiful wood elements of old telephone poles carved in classic style, with wooden wine racks, and a mural painted by the famous Tiberias-born artist - Amos Yaskil. The beautiful new wing is larger, and now offers a bar that's perfect for drinking wine and spirits, and for dining too. You can also sit on the spacious balcony, with its windows offering impressive views. We are happy to cater private events in a separate room.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Beautiful Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Worn out and spent, I managed to drag myself into Tiberius, Israel for a good rest from 3 weeks of trekking through Israel. When the front desk at the hostel I stayed in recommended Little Tiberius, I smiled politely and nodded my head, believing that was normal fare for a kickback on the side. I would find someplace. To my surprise, I found my eyes light up the moment I went down the alley toward the sea. The outside decor was immediately inviting. Yet, it was a little chilly, and I was not at my best, so I went inside. In temperature and decor it was warm, reminding much of a delightful, family run establishment you might find in the English countryside...and its in Tiberius. I sat myself down, enjoyed a couple of beers, and beginning to feel good, I indulged myself in the food. Indeed continental fare, it was delicious, and a most welcome respite from eating hummus, hummus, and more hummus on a daily basis. *wink* Thanks to Kim the waitress for being so attentive and helpful. I will definitely go back whenever I am in Tiberius.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
  • Hebrew first
State College, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Very good entree. Amazing desserts! The food came very quickly. The service was also good. Also, they have working Wi-fi.

“Wondwrfull resturant, wonderfull food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The first curse and the fish were great. We came on a rainy saturday and the whole vacation steped up..very othentic and nice and smiling waiteres made us feel at home and they knew exactly what to recommened.we had two kinds of the seabas, and The fish were so good and that is why we believe it is best resturant in tiberias. Have fun...

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Haifa, Israel
“Great place for couples, friends and families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

About a week ago me and a good friend of my met after 35 years and decided to celebrate this event at the Little Tiberias restaurant. We ordered starters (chicken liver with toasts), salad, main course (shrimps in white wine souse for me and Denise fish on grill for the rest), a bottle of semi-dry white wine and a dessert. The service was good and quick and we were personally advised by the chef about the (excellent) choices. The menu is in Hebrew and English and they have also menu for the kids. The staff is English speaking too. All in all - 175$ including tip for 4 adults.
It was my 3-rd pleasant visit (including with little kids) to this restaurant. The place is clean, nicely decorated and has a great atmosphere.

Warning: if you dine in a good company the 2 hours might shrink into few minutes.....;-)

Enjoy,

Leon

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miller, Missouri
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This little spot is not to be missed if you are in Tiberias. The food was amazing and the service was excellent. We love to have Calamari wherever we go and always compare it to the "best we have ever had" and the Fried Calamari here is our new benchmark for the BEST! We actually went back a second time on this trip because we knew we would not be disappointed!

Visited October 2012