“Superb location on Sea of Galilee” 4 of 5 stars

Ron Beach Hotel
Gdud Barak St, Tiberias, Israel   |
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Tiberias
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Superb location on Sea of Galilee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Just come back from thoroughly enjoyable 4 night stay at Ron Beach Hotel which is run by 2 brothers who are more than willing to assist wherever you need it. The location is truly fantastic with sunrise being directly across the Sea of Galilee directly into your sea view room.

Positives: location on the waterfront, friendliness of staff, cleanliness, all rooms are sea view, breakfast and supper buffets (varied and eclectic mix of tasty food), ability to swim in Sea of Galilee with lifeguard watching

Negatives: hotel is a little dated, cost of alcoholic drinks is high (but this may be the case all over Israel), bathrooms in bedrooms in need of an update.

Overall though a fantastic stay and would recommend it if you want to be out of the hustle and bustle of Tiberias.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Visiting this hotel once every year, the owners are always trying hard to keep it updated and exciting! Would advice everyone to visit!!
Make sure you come here during the winter as well to get a good feeling of the romantic garden...

• Stayed May 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

After our experience with Herods in Tel aviv we were a bit apprehensive about this one but it came as a pleasant surprise. The location and view from the room (the pool and sea of galilee) are excellent on account of the full-length glass windows, the rooms are clean and so overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great service, everybody is very helpful and friendly family run, make you feel at home. , Fantastic breakfast, good variety of many types of pastries, fresh fruit, etc. They clearly do care about the comfort of their hosts and provide a top quality. Rooms very comfortable and clean. All in all, a great experience.
And above all - Location ,Location ,Location

Room Tip: Take Lake view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We arrived at the Ron Beach Hotel by the Sea of Galilee and were welcomed by friendly staff. The rooms were overlooking the gardens and swimming pool and the Sea of Gallilee. The food was excellent with plenty of variety at both breakfast and dinner. The only complaint I would have about the dining room was, you felt the staff were wanting you to vacate the dining room by eight oclock so that they could reset the tables for breakfast.
The weather was perfect but the swimming pool was extremely cold, due to being early March.
The Hotel could do with more lounge areas as there are often large groups of guests and insufficient space to relax after dinner.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool and Sea of Galilee towards the Golan Heights. Fantastic sunrise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thurso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Ron Beach was a very welcoming hotel. We were well looked after with friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Everything was clean and well cared for. There is a pool there as well as Lake Kinneret so take a dip. The hotel supply plenty of towels, white ones for the shower and others for the pool/lake.
Breakfast was just amazing. Being used to guests from all over the world, they have a diverse range of breakfast foods from our standard cwreal and toast to sardines, cheese, cold meats...

Room Tip: You want a view of the Lake. The sunrise over the Golan was amazing
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jerusalem, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I'm a native Israeli and I don't travel much around the country. But since the vacation of Passover arrived, and I had some time with my kid, I wanted to choose the right hotel for our vacation near the Kineret (Sea of Galilee).
I was very impressed by the reviews in this site, and thought it's the perfect hotel for me: quite, has a private beach, has many facilities, also a tropical garden and a children park, and not too expansive.
We arrived at about 1pm and I was quite hungry. My impression from driving in Tiberias, was that it's not a place I want to spend too much time around: it looked ugly, and somewhat as ruins of a city from than an actual city. So, I asked the receptionist if it's possible to eat lunch in the hotel. She said there is a buffet downstairs. And there, just as we arrived near the pool was my shock of disappointment.
With many kids running around and a tired looking buffet manager, it looked more like we just interrupted a school break. The service was almost invisible and when our invisible and when eventually our french fries and hot dogs arrived they tasted quite awful. The noise and the chaos around weren't what I expected, nor what I craved for after a long drive.
The room itself was o.k. Not small, but not as big as I expected. From the second floor, the view was nice, and it wasn't too close to the pool, although it did feel quite uncomfortable to know everyone can see you easily in the pool, so you have to close the curtains all the time.
I was looking for the beach for about half an our, until I suddenly realize that the pool area is actually the beach... I was looking for the beach because the many warning signs every few meters, not allowing to get into the water of the Kineret. Well, it was quite a shame for me because... THIS WAS EXACTLY MY PLAN! Anyway, my kid had fun in the little kids park.
We had to compromise swimming in the pool, but... The water were FREEZING COLD! My kid had the courage to go inside for few minutes, but it was too much for me. I noticed the loud music coming from the near-by hotel Leonardo, and the constant motor deep sound of the motor ships that constantly sailing from the hotel to other points in the lake and back.
We got back to our room. We had cables, and the shower was clean. The bad was o.k.
As evening broke down, I became more and more aware of the noise from the crowd in the pool area. It was like a party down there, with music and shouts, and a lot of plates, and food, and it was all just under our room, and it was so loud that we can hardly hear the TV and had to switch the volume higher. This was at 9pm.
At about 9:30 I heard the party people talking and deciding they will go to party downtown. I was relieved and could get my kid to sleep eventually. The noise continued until about 10pm and then it got quite and I also got to sleep.
At about 1pm I heard a group of people running and yelling in the corridor, like fans of football match. I got brutally awake from it and could not go back to sleep because... to my astonishment, they sat just under the room, and began a major loud discussion, right into my ear. I could not believe it's really happening. I opened the curtain slightly and looked downside and there I saw it all: the plates were there and a group of about 10 people sat in a circle like it's the middle of the day!
After half an our, as it becomes louder and louder I decided to go to the receptionist, although I felt it's a lost cause, since it was so loud I was sure it disturbed not only me. When I told him he responded right away and went to talk to them. He said to me "Don't worry, I will not tell them it's you complaining". I was relieved, and a little bit optimistic. Well, it got quite for few minutes, but that constant chatting didn't allowed me to sleep. Eventually I fell asleep near dawn I guess, just few minutes before my kid woke up...
Breakfast wasn't nothing special and I had to go to the toilet after it.
All in all, it's a nice hotel, but I just could not figure out why it got so much praise.

Room Tip: Keep away from rooms that has direct view to the pool area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
moses1981, Guest Relations Manager at Ron Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We were disappointed to hear that your one night stay with us was not according to your expectations.
Most of your criticism results from the people and children noise that interrupted to you during your stay. There is no doubt that your response is subjective based on your own one night experience and not objective that should be based on the hotel quality.

Your vacation with us was during the Passover holiday and yes, your family wasn't the only family at the hotel and likewise, your children weren't the only children at the pool (as opposed to your expectations). Children noise or people talks during the night aren't in the hotel hands and it's hard to prevent that. When we get such complain (which is rare), we immediately take all actions to stop the unreasonable noise as we did when you came to complain to the receptionist during the night and thank you for mentioning that on your review. The hotel has very strict policy in order to provide the most quite, peaceful and enjoyable stay to our guests. We are doing that by several basic rules: no entertainment team, not allowing guests to enter the hotel with food and likewise boats or jet ski which cause noise and water pollution. That strict policy is the major reason that the hotel is popular, especially by tourists and less by local families, but in the nature of things, on holiday, most of Israel hotels are full with local families. We apologize that on that night, few guests refused to sleep and were chatting during the night. Again, we couldn't prevent that and we done our best to stop that unreasonable behavior.
Another issue that you mention is about that warning signs about entering the lake. There are two entrances to the lake with wide stairs that go into the lake, which located at the center of the hotel garden, near the pool area. Beside those two entrances, at the rest of the hotel coast line, there are no stairs into the lake, therefore there are warning signs in order to prevent people from falling or jumping above the fence.

We hope to welcome you again, and trust that your impressions will be more favorable next time.

Regards,
Moshiko Amsalem
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Ron Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!