“Meh” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shoresh Holiday Complex

You added Shoresh Holiday Complex to your Saves list
Shoresh Holiday Complex
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Moshav Shoresh | M P Harei Yehuda, Shoresh 90860, Israel   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shoresh
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Potentialy great lodging for families, though small the suites are nice and clean and the atmosphere is pleasent - but...
1. They forgot to mention the nearby hotel is being renovated, so we had a construction site over our head
2. There's a huge cellular antenna on the grounds
3. The only facility, the pool is not exclusive to the visitors and rather crowded. Its was also a preety tedious walk from our suite.
4. The suits are designed so the AC units are on the bedroom window, and so are the electric panels
To be fair here are some pluses:
1. Great location if touring israel with car. On route to both tel aviv and jerusalem
2. Kiddie pool is very nice for toddlers

Room Tip: Ask if still renovating If you want the view ask for 1st row suites
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

~We were having a difficult time finding a hotel for two adults and three children. I was so glad to find this place.Its not five star, but the location and price were perfect for us (we are budget travelers).Its about a 25 minute drive from TLV Airport. Upon arrival the receptionist was most helpful and welcoming! This property is located on the top of a hill, not to far from Jerusalem. Gorgeous views. We watched the sun rise one morning while sitting outside the villa on the patio furniture.This was a villa with one bedroom. kitchen, and living room (pull out sofas).Breakfast was included, a huge spread, bread, boiled eggs, fruit, vegs & cheese etc, we couldn't eat it all. There are two lovely pools, one kiddie and one adult. The kiddie pool has lots of play apparatus. Lots of parking. A nice secluded location. We rented a car so we were able to drive to find restaurants, as there are no restaurants or stores withing walking distance.We stayed Sept 2010.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Hamburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

The Kibbutz Hotel Shoresh is a collection of Bungalows with two rooms incuding a kitchennette. THere is a nice view over the Judaen Hills. The Bungalows are well kept. When we were there, there was construction close to the hotel (but little noise). That made it a little difficult to find the hotel. It takes 15-20 minutes to get to Jerusalem (with no or little traffic) and for us it was nice to be in a quiet area after the big city. A number of nice restaurants in neighbouring villages and cities, if you dont want to go to Jerusalem.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

I stayed at the Shoresh Hotel for five nights in August 2005. I booked the stay based on the information I found on the internet. Basically, I wanted a hotel near Jerusalem that's quiet, clean, with fresh air, hiking opportunities, shabbat services, an indoor pool and spa, internet access, onsite laundry and meals available. All these were offered for a total of $535usd.

First, I'll discuss the things I loved about Shoresh Hotel. The view was incredible! You could see the Judean Hills surrounding Jerusalem from the 6th floor rooms in front, as well as from the dining room and bar, several sitting areas and on a hike around the hotel. The view from the outdoor pool was further south, but just as beautiful. There were all kinds of flowers, including morning glories, rosemary, rose of Sharon and honeysuckle. The scent was never overwhelming, but was a delight at all times.

I chose the B&B package (the hotel is kosher dairy, but not shomer shabbat), thus had breakfast every morning between 7 and 9. There were about five large tables of food choices, two hot; and two tables of drinks. The menu was slightly different every day, but they had fresh pancakes and omelets every day. The dining room has a large deck which is best early or late in the day during the summer heat. By the way, there was always plenty of cold drinking water available in the lobby.

The room was basic, but the bed was comfortable, the tv offered a large number of channels (including CNN, BBC, ESPN, MTV, several Hebrew, English, Arabic, Russian, French and Polish channels, most with Hebrew and Arabic subtitles), and it had the most perfect shower I've ever experienced. It was a hand shower which was very easy to adjust, in height, and to any pressure from gentle shower to torrential downpour. My room was quiet -- none of the traffic or construction noises that you get in the city. This hotel is at the top of a "mountain".

The pool is huge and has several waterfall features that are delightful. It had a popular gathering place for chatting with new friends or reading adjacent to it under a grove of shade trees. Did I mention the view?

This was my first trip out of the states, so I didn't want to drive. The hotel had a bus station out front, with hourly buses (#186) between 6:30am and 11:30pm every day for 14.50nis (about $3.30usd). There were never more than a dozen passengers, and the views were marvelous. The narrow, twisting mountain roads and the heavy traffic near the city were daunting, thus I was quite satisfied with riding the bus.

Now for downside. My room seemed clean, but there were several large ugly stains on the carpet. The ac was borderline. I always felt like I needed a shower when I was in my room. There was no clock or radio, and the tv had no sleep timer or alarm.

One of the problems I had was with the staff. They always seemed to be too busy to answer questions and no one spoke English very well (I am working on my Hebrew, but most of it is prayerbook, not travel, related). Most of the information about the hotel was written in Hebrew. I didn't find the laundry facilities until the last night I was there, and only because I ran into an English-speaking guest who spends his summers there. The hours for the pool and spa seemed rather arbitrary, so it was difficult to schedule time for them. There was no indoor pool, as advertised, nor was there an internet station. I never did find out about shabbat services, so I spent the day reading and relaxing. A simple information sheet in several languages doesn't seem to be too much to ask for. When I complained (as nicely as possible) about the lack of laundry and internet, I was told that I should inform the website that it was wrong.

The hotel is part of a complex with cottages and apartments for families and long-term guests. The pictures in their online ads are confusing. I wasn't quite sure of which building I would be in. My room was in the old Shoresh Hotel ht------------ and ht-----------. The exterior of the large modern building is actually the apartments behind the hotel. All the interior shots are very accurate. The picture of the hotel room looks exactly like mine, sans carpet stains.

Anyway, it was a very restful yet invigorating week in the country, and I do recommend Shoresh Hotel, especially for families with children.

Been to Shoresh Holiday Complex? Share your experiences!