When arriving at this hotel you are immediately stuck with how pretty this hotel is with vast amounts of colours & smells from the flowers that lead you up the steps or slope to the main reception area.
From then on you are struck by how rude the staff really are. From then on it seems to go down hill on numerous occasions.
First when checking in we asked about the safe in the room. This hotel has no safes in the rooms which we find very unusual. We were advised that there is only one safe which everyone shares & only the owner (the extremely rude lady) has access to it. The owner was not available at the time & therefore we would not be able to deposit our processions into it for another 3 -4 hours & once we had done this would not be allowed to access the safe again until we checked out. What kind of hotel does this we ask?
The rooms were small & a little tired but pretty much as expected & bathrooms very small. The air con worked fine & a good choice of TV channels.
There were cups & a kettle to make tea or coffee in the rooms however it would be nice if they supplied enough sachets of coffee or tea bags with some milk for the two of us. A trip downstairs to the barman did solve this problem however this happened on a daily basis despite our complaints & on one occasion we were not even given clean cups by the person that cleaned the rooms.
The swimming pool was lovely however closing at 5pm on a boiling hot day is ludicrous & having a lifeguard sit virtually on top of you when sunbathing is very unpleasant. I am sure there could be other jobs they could be doing whilst keeping an eye on the pool area. After all we were the only people sitting by the pool on each occasion & there were no children staying at the hotel whilst we were there.
Breakfast was very good............but when they say breakfast is served from 8:00am then it should be ready at this time........each morning we had to wait for them to finish laying the table with food before we could eat........filter coffee was not ready on time ......... coffee machine was a joke as well as not working properly.
We did not eat any evening meals at the hotel & recommend going to Rosh Pinner where there are numerous restaurants to choose from.
We also asked for some maps of the local area but they were unable to supply any in English to us.
On returning one evening to the hotel we went to ask a question at reception but the staff who on duty was unable to speak any English.
We were pleased to return to a much nicer hotel in Tel Aviv with extremely pleasant staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel located in the Galilee heights, recently became a member of the prestigious European hotel chain "Chateaux & Hotels Collection". The hotel contains a SPA with an extensive treatment list, a bistro restaurant and terraces overlooking the hotel gardens and the surrounding mountains. In the vicinity: the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights, forests, mountains, the ancient city ,the tombs of the just, Druze villages and much more. You will enjoy a special ambiance and a sense of tranquility at our small and luxurious hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Villa Galilee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Galilee Hotel Safed
- Villa Galilee Safed, Israel