“Clean, comfortable and a part of the Safed atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rappeport Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Safed
Rappeport Guest House
You added Rappeport Guest House to your Saves list
Tet Vav 60, Safed, Israel   |
Ranked #6 of 34 Safed B&B and Inns
Haifa, Israel
“Clean, comfortable and a part of the Safed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Rappaport Guest rooms are a Lovely clean and comfortable place to stay in a very traditional Safed setting - an inner court yard. All the amenities of that most travelers look for have been included. I would happily return there for another stay. It is in the old part of Safed where some much history walks around every day. It is no more than 5 minutes from all the places a traveler would like to go. One can easily find oneself being wrapped into the special atmosphere of the Old City of Safed.

Room Tip: A Lovely clean and comfortable place to stay in a very traditional Safed setting - an inner court ya...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you want a true taste of how ancient and contemporary Israelis live in Tzfat, The Rappaport Guest House will give you just that, and so much more. My daughter and I stayed for a several days including Shabbat and enjoyed every minute there. The guest house is located in the heart of the ancient city of Tzfat. It is found in what is called, the old city, which consists of a maze of delightful streets lined by the original stone houses. To get there you must walk through the same winding walkways traveled by the ancient sages who wrote the Kabala. It is told they sang out to greet the Sabbath inspired by the magical views of the mountains, so carrying our suitcases up and down a few steps was a small price to pay to retrace their route.

Once there, you enter through a gated stone-walled garden into the first floor private entrance of the guest house. Laurie Rappaport is a kind and caring person who lives in the residence above and is a wealth of information on Tzfat, and will gladly give you pointers on your journey through one of Israel’s most holy and fascinating cities.

The rooms are fairly priced, cozy and clean and give more than adequate space to sleep and bathe, but you will not be spending much time indoors as the vibrancy of Tzfat is literally right outside your door. Once settled, you can relax and enjoy the courtyard area sipping tea or coffee, and then set off on your explorations. You are only seconds from ancient synagogues, museums, and the famous Tzfat artist galleries.

The modern area of Tzfat is just as close, located directly outside the perimeter of the old city. There you will find the local town’s people working, shopping and living the life of contemporary Israelis. As in all of Israel, there are public buses that can transport you, and I recommend using them to see the entire city, but most everything is in comfortable walking distance. Tzfat is also centrally located in the north and offers an excellent point to branch out and make day trips to the surrounding region either by car or the many bus routes accessible by the central bus station in town.

The guest house met all our needs and though it doesn’t serve breakfast, we preferred paying less for the accommodations and visiting the local coffee shops for that meal. One café in which we ate had a priceless panoramic view of the surrounding mountains.

We loved our time in Tzfat and having the Rappaport Guest House as our base was perfect. If we have the good fortune to return to Israel, we will be sure to stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My friend and I spent a wonderful couple of days at Laurie’s guesthouse. The guesthouse is conveniently located in the centre of Tzfat, within walking distance of the artists’ quarter. The rooms are clean, spacious and there is a courtyard outside which is perfect for unwinding. I highly enjoyed staying at Laurie’s because I felt like a guest at a local’s home rather than just a traveller in a hostel. Laurie is warm, welcoming and took the time to talk to us about local customs and places of interest. I highly recommend Rappeport guesthouse to anyone planning to visit Tzfat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I first stayed at the Rappeport Guest House last winter and came back specifically to Safed so that I could say hi to Laurie and stay in her guestroom again. It's a small, quiet, private room that's conveniently located in the middle of all of the historic sites as well as near the bus station, restaurants, supermarkets and shops. During my first trip I stayed in Safed but on this second trip I used the guestroom as a base to travel around the Galilee and Golan. We rented a car in Tiberias which made the sightseeing much easier.

We also stayed over Shabbat and were invited to a neighbor's house for Friday night dinner and to Laurie's house for Shabbat lunch which gave us an opportunity to meet other neighbors.

Warm, inviting, comfortable and convenient. Will continue to recommend this out-of-the-way spot to everyone.

Room Tip: Laurie has 2 friendly dogs in her house upstairs and a curious kitten that kept coming downstairs to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The price was unbelievable! Laurie's guest house was charming and private, absolutely clean, old stone building with walled garden courtyard. We walked everywhere and felt connected with the Tzfat community. A perfect spot to rest and absorb all the spirituality of this mystical mountain village. The mini frig allowed us to create our own special israeli breakfasts and eat them in the courtyard. As everyone else has mentioned, Laurie herself is warm and helpful.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The room was clean, location is fabulous literally footsteps from center of town and laurie is one of the kindest, coolest hostesses i have ever stayed with.

You cannot help feel G-d when in Sfat. Laurie, her friends, her home, her graciousness are what make me know that presence is real. ...even for everyday people like me looking for guidance, collecting sparks.

• Stayed June 2012
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Laurie was a gracious and super well informed hostess. My room was private which I loved, and opened onto a peaceful, enclosed outdoor garden area. Though not always necessary, the air conditioning in my room helped for restful sleeps and naps. The first night I watched one of several sunsets from her deck which was indescribably peaceful. She found places for me to attend services and Friday night shabbat dinner which worked out great for me. She also helped me figure out buses for a side trip farther north. The main room is great for one person or a couple (though if you are a very tall or large couple you might find it tight), and there is a side room with another single bed. The bathroom is a bit tight but worked fine for me. For longer stays you might want a place with a kitchen. I totally recommend Rappeport Guest House for an unforgettable trip to mystical Safed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Rappeport Guest House? Share your experiences!