“Romantic, Relaxing Weekend at Mitzpe Hayamim” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Mitzpe Hayamim
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Safed Rd 89 | Pob 130, Rosh Pina 120000, Israel   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosh Pina
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Romantic, Relaxing Weekend at Mitzpe Hayamim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend at Mitzpe Hayamim in a suite recently. This was my first time at Mitzpe Hayamim, I usually go to the Carmel Forest Spa. We both definitely feel we'll be back - the tranquility, cosy feeling that you get both from the staff there and the place itself makes it feel like a home away from home, not another hotel & spa. The suite was incredible, the location fantastic and the food is truly out of this world. Don't miss the fabulous Muscat Restaurant!! And they have a lovely organic store, with the ability to take complimentary tours of their organic farm and even of the surrounding area. Basically, don't think twice - go there if you're looking for a romantic and quiet getaway!

Room Tip: Definitely go for a mini suite at the very least, it's worth the effort - you feel like you'...
Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Hebrew first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Booked a Junior Suite, when checking out the room found it rather depressing – view to the parking lot, and generally a little claustrophobic. Customer service was very helpful, offered us another two junior suites alternatives, nothing we found any different, and were ready to accept the original choice, but then were offered a proper suite instead – well done customer service!
The suite was spacious and clean, making up in parts for the fact there was no view – little mishaps as an overflowing drain when emptying the Jacuzzi setting the bathroom under an inch of water was taken in its stride, apparently it could not be fixed during our stay, but we were told that standing firmly on the drainage cover whilst emptying the Jacuzzi to avoid water spilling out would certainly do the trick – cowardly we decided not to go there….
The Spa Treatment facilities are up to par and what one would expect, the actual massage treatments my partner and I enjoyed however were more of the mediocre type.
The pool area could certainly do with an overhaul, starting with giving the ceiling a proper paint job.
The sauna (Dry, there is also a Wet sauna)is on the small side, rather cold with a mere 85 degrees Celsius, no sauna-infusions, which would have made a difference.
Breakfast has all the usual trimmings (vegetarian), dinner (vegetarian & fish) was excellent, the staff friendly and helpful.
The staff, barring one exception, was very friendly and helpful, the general feel of the Hotel with all its little corners and reading rooms gave the stay a very relaxing touch, due to the weather we could not spend time on the numerous terraces scattered around the building, plus the gardens surrounding the hotel are rather magical.
Final analysis, with the upgraded room we felt we just about received value for money, I have not seen the standard rooms but gauging by the junior suites I would not think they are very inviting.
Would we come again? As mentioned, I would need to be offered a very special deal as I could spend the same money on better value on a whole number of boutique hotels elsewhere in Israel.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not have a view of the parking lot.
Tel Aviv
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I had a relaxing few days at this resort hotel, situated on attractive and spacious grounds, serving organic food, and having a good sized swimming pool. But I found the attitude of the managment wanting. Everyone was polite, but there's an underlying contempt for the customer, The lighting in the rooms is dim, even with the addition of standing lamps after I phoned and complained. For allergy or asthma sufferers, there are synthetic pillows but no synthetic blankets, only down or wool. The evening meal, which was part of the half-board package, had varied and creative dishes, but was spoiled by the fact that the servings were luke warm at best -- the bain maries from which we served ourselves simply did not keep the food hot. Worst of all, in my view, is that the management divests itself of all responsibility for mishaps on the premises. On our last day there, on a tour of the grounds organized by the hotel, the bottom of my trousers were caught on a metal wire protruding from the fence of one of the animial pens we passed. I fell and my trousers tore on the wire. When I later asked the person in charge of customer relations for the equivalent of about $60 to replace them (we spent almost $1500 for three nights, including some extras), she first asked in amazement why the hotel should take responsibility and then, a few days later, phoned me back to say that the hotel can't take responsibility. I tried phoning the hotel manager, but no one would let me through to him and he never returned my call. Now $60 isn't an exhorbitant sum for a pair of trousers. I was clearly not trying to cheat anyone. But nor is it a sum that I'm going to spend the time and hassel of going to small claims court to retreive -- and I'm sure the hotel people were aware of this and took advantage of it. So I'm left with very bad feelings about a very expensive vacation. The hotel has a lot of appealing features, especially for people who like quiet, but I don't think that I'm gong to go there again..

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel structure is old and not nice indoor.
We booked a junior suite and we were first given a room in a building external to the main complex (with windows on the parking and bugs walking in the room) and after we complained we got a room on the ground floor with no view. We had people walking in front of the window and had to keep everything closed all the time...
The furnitures of the room were old and poor, the tv was very small (27/32inch) and maybe 7 meters far from the bed.
There was no frigo bar!! (it was empty)
The bathroom was pretty old aswell
Very low lights all over the room
The matiress was old and I woke up with my back hurting....
The vegetarian restaurant is a buffet, poor (a lot of vegetables only) with only 1 (ONE!!) main course cooked on the spot. For a 5 star hotel it is ridiculous.

The entire structure is NON-KOSHER but it is not written anywhere in the site. This is something pretty rare in Israel and I believe they should make it clear...

The spa had a very large swimming pool but just two small yakuzis. The indoor temperature of the swimming pool room was cold.

IN conclusion I believe this is the worst hotel I have ever been from a value for money perspective and cannot be considered a 5 stars hotel. For 500€ / night you can get much more than what they offer you

I would not suggest it to anyone - if not for half the price.

Room Tip: Maybe the royal suites^
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our last stay at this hotel was about 15 years ago !.
This stay was a very pleasant surprise, all our pleasant memories were not disappointed, whatever changed changed for the better.
The room, breakfast and dinner are at very high level, so is the service.
The food comes mainly from the hotel organic farm, all of it is cooked and presented beautifully.

Haifa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Piece of heaven in Israel.
Winter in the holy land...clear sunshine days, with beautiful view of the kineret(galil lake), the golan heights, and the Hermon mountain.
the place based on autarky food economy, most of the products(vegetables, milk, herbels,eggs)growing and manufactured in the borders of the place.
The rooms are big, with bright colors and lovely atmosphere
you can take a journey through the gardens, plantations,cowshed,barns, and the hen house.
the pool is warmed, and the jacuzzis located, one inside the pool area, and the other, outside the pool, observe the lovely view of the galil.
the internet is free of charge, all over the hotel and rooms!
So, what about the 'but'?!
It could be perfect, just if the food was a little bit different.
The quality and freshness of the food is incomparably...but...there is no spices...realy, nothing.
So much variety of ingredients, and not even one spice!
It seems that, the hotel appeal to paerants home population taste only!

Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

A boutique hotel above Rosh Pina (near Zefat).
We were upgraded to a mini suit upon arrival, nice.
The room was very big but needed some refurbish. The shower/toilette was already refurbished.
The room was on the ground floor and the curtains were either to "visible" or to "Dark".
The house restaurant is a vegetarian one. The food was ok, but not more.
The SPA is good and we enjoyed the treatments.

Room Tip: Not on the ground floor facing the entrance
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mitzpe Hayamim? Share your experiences!