“Very decent for business travelers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo City Tower Hotel

Save Saved
You added Leonardo City Tower Hotel to your Saves list
Leonardo City Tower Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Zisman Street | Diamond Exchange District, Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv 52136, Israel   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Ramat Gan
“Very decent for business travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011 via mobile

If you are looking for a convenient business hotel in Ramat-Gan, close to Tel Aviv, this is a great place to stay.

The hotel in a previous Sheraton, became a Leonardo, was renovated recently and is more than correct.

• Stayed July 2011

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hebrew first
Gibraltar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

After reading some of the reviews here, I made sure to request a room away from the elevators. This did help, as the sound of the bell each time the elevator stopped would have driven me crazy - but with paper thin walls I could hear every word, sniff and burp from the rooms next door or the corridoor. The traffic noise was also noticable, even on the 15th floor.

That being said, the room was spacious and clean and the service was excellent. Any call I made to housekeeping (for example extra hangars or an extra laundry bag) was responded to within minutes - certainly the fastest I have experienced.

The location was good from a business perspective, but would not be my choice for a holiday, as it is quite a distance from the main tourist spots, being located between the 'bursa' business center and diamond exchange, main railway station and a brisk walk from the Azrieli towers and mall.

The other thing to disappoint was the breakfast service, both for food and, surprisingly given my other experiences at the hotel, service. I normally very much look forward to breakfasts in Israel, but the selection here was underwhelming and felt 'recycled'. The staff were completely inattentive and sullen. The one thing the staff were meant to serve - the tea and coffee - almost never was unless specifically asked for, which few guests did. Most of us just went to the server's stations and poured it ourselves.

One particularly memorable morning there were no spoons laid out at all. Three guests asked the same sullen waiter for spoons for their coffee, and each time the waiter would look more annoyed and go off to bring another, single, spoon. The scowl he gave me when I suggested that he bring more spoons as there were none out, prompted that lady at the table to sympathise with me. She told me she had complained twice about ants in the cereal and was met with the same response. I did notice that the staff seemed to have changed towards the end of my stay, they were less sullen, but I still had to get my own coffee.

So, a bit of a mixed bag. If you appreciate spacious, clean rooms with good housekeeping and front desk service, free wifi and can sleep through background traffic noise and conversations (and eventually even I could after two sleepless nights), don't mind serving yourself coffee at breakfast, eating an average buffet breakfast (mind the ants in the branflakes) and grumpy waiting staff, then this place would fit the bill. Otherwise, if you have a little bit more to spend and there's room, consider the Crowne Plaza in Azrieli. That's where I'll probably be next time around...

Room Tip: Ask for the higest floor you can get and the furthest from the lifts to minimise noise.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Just wrote a review and it didn't go though so here's the short and sweet:
We arrived at the hotel and were impressed with the modern looking comfortable rooms. We noticed a few ants around the coffee tray before heading out that night. We told the guy at the desk he said he'd "take care of it"...

Well let's just say that he didn't.

The next morning we woke up and found the table crawling with ants (no we didn't bring any food).

Upon checking out we told the lady at the desk the problem and that we were not happy that they didn't change our room when we first complained. She was very nice and apologized. Then she gave us a discount on our stay and invited us to coffee and cake on the house. We certainly appreciated her courteous response. Judging by the other reviews we probably had a spate of bad luck.

In the end we had a wonderful in time general despite the ants.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I visit Israel regularly from London and love this hotel. A Hotel with friendly staff who go out of the way to help and assist guests. Excellent location and an excellent pool and spa.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

This hotel used to be a Sheraton, they lost the license, did some renovations and is now a very decent business hotel. I go their on regular bases because:

I Like:
1 Good service
2 Nice rooms
3 Good morning buffet
4 The fact it is just in the middle of the commercial district of Ramat-Gan

I Dislike (somewhat)
1 The room service that tend to be noisy (don't forget to put the "Please do not Disturb" sign if you want to sleep in the morning)
2 As most hotels in Israel they age fast and not very well
3 Not at walking distance from the Tel-Aviv highlight.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Thanks for great service. It was a very comfortable stay and I hope to be back soon and stay in this hotel again!

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Most visitors to Tel Aviv prefer to stay on the ocean. Who can blame them? The Mediterranean is beautiful. However, if your trip to Tel Aviv is for business reasons, the Hotel Leonardo is the way to go.
Clean, spacious rooms at very reasonable prices. The main subway system is a 3 minute walk away and the time schedules are pretty reliable.
The hotel manager, Oded Zizuvi, runs a very tight ship. The staff is very courteous. Not a day has passed that I did not receive a phone call asking if my room was comfortable or if I was lacking something. My wake up call was always confirmed 10 minutes later just to make sure I was awake.
The reception is staffed with gracious people who are more than happy to help you get around Israel and to acquaint you with Israel's cultural sites, people and nuances.
My business meetings had me crisscorssing the country Upon learning of the traffic congestion, the staff in the reception area suggested I travel by train when possible. Cross the street, hop on an air conditioned train and you're on your way. I met a lot of friendly people which made for wonderful networking and I paid only 20% of what cabs would have cost. The trains also allowed me to avoid the awful traffic jams which are many during rush hours. When travelling for business, "Time is Money" and nothing is more excruciating than sitting in a traffic jam and having your whole agenda pushed back.

The hotel Leonardo has a wonderful spa, gym, swimming pool and skilled massage therapists.

The business lounge is staffed by multi-lingual people who will help you when you invite a client for a cup of coffee and a quick chat. It is like having your office in the hotel.

Granted, there are not the restaurants or the beach that the hotels on the Yarkon boasts but those are only a 10 minute cab ride away.

I would definitely come back here and I shall recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues.

Sheldon Kirsh

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Leonardo City Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!