“Lovely hotel on the beach” 4 of 5 stars

The Seasons Hotel
5.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Nice blvd 1, Netanya 42269, Israel   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Netanya
Modiin, Israel
“Lovely hotel on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife, myself and our two kids came here for a night. I was very impressed by the room size, I believe it was the biggest hotel room I've been in. We had a great view of the beach as well. The breakfast was a full Israeli breakfast with all the works which we enjoyed but we found some of the food to be lacking-dried out pancakes and not fresh croissants.

Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

In my review of The Seasons Hotel last year, I said that the junior suite was a penthouse. Well, it seems I was upgraded to the full suite without knowing it. The junior suite is a one room hotel room with a couch and sitting area. It was a bit tight for four, and a bit expensive to rotate two people sleeping on the couch. And one bathroom.

However, my kids still really liked staying at The Seasons. They like having the beach nearby with the chair vouchers, the pool, and everything close by. There are bicycles that you can ride for free, but you have to catch them between other guests.

The view of the sea from the room was wonderful, and I left the window open at night to hear the roar of the waves. It was late September, after all, so the weather was not too hot.

I had looked into renting an apartment for the three nights, but most wanted a week minimum, almost all wanted a $1,000 deposit (really?), and the quoted price did not include electricity for the Sukkot holiday rental. Seemed safer to go with a hotel booking with a clearly declared price. Besides, big breakfast for the family included in the price.

We still like this place, but I really expected the suite for my booking and the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chauvin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

As everyone has mentioned very spacious rooms, but old and many coates of paint later........
This hotel is billed as a 5 star hotel. Their rating system is obviously different then that of North America. Although our room was clean and dry and the food, although plentiful was rather bland and typical for the region, in Europe or North America it would be a stretch to rate it any higher then a 4 Star.
It is our first night in Israel, so maybe it's an Israeli rating system. Tomorrow's hotel is rated at 4.5, so we'll be interested to see?

Room Tip: In Asia/Middle East don't let the rating fool you. Check out reviews first
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bettendorf
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had a nice room overlooking the sea. The hotel is obviously old and worn but the rooms were HUGE, (like larger than a couple of apartments that I had in college), tastefully and simply decorated and most importantly, very clean.
Our room was quite spacious and the balcony was the size of a small bedroom. Everything was quite clean and well maintained even though the hotel was obviously old. The bed was very comfortable and the nice surprise was that we had down pillows which are my preferred type of pillow. We slept quite well while there. Others in our group had suites and my goodness, they were huge!
The breakfast buffet was delicious. I was surprised to see so many vegetables for breakfast but they were very good. There was also eggs, potatoes, fruits assorted breads, yogurt, juices etc. Something for everyone. Dinner was good as well. It's hard to serve so many people with a buffet and have it be good but this was quite good. Again there was a little something for everyone.
The staff was friendly and helpful too. We had several nice chats with the security guard outside who had been to Chicago and liked talking about the States. He had quite a sense of humor and was very friendly.
The walk to the beach is long and steep but well worth the trip. The beach is amazing. The water is clear and beautiful and the same was very fine and soft.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view. You can leave the window open at night to hear the sea and catch the...
Sioux Falls
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had a 10th floor room with a view of the sea -- absolutely wonderful. Listening to the waves was a nice way to get lulled to sleep after a long day of traveling. The staff had a limited ability to speak english. The hotel is next ot the beach with easy access for a morning walk to stretch, relax or pick up a few shells. the downtown area is about 4 blocks away and has planty of shops to getaway and do some shopping or dining. The linens on the tables were nice. the buffet had a variety of meats -- fish, chicken, beef; lots of vegetables to choose from.

Room Tip: Go for a higher room with an ocean view.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We spent only one night here, our first in Israel. I was pleasantly surprised. The dinner and breakfast buffets were very tasty. I had a small sitting room in addition to the bedroom. I am sorry I didn't have more time to enjoy it. Some rooms had balconies. Loved being able to look out at the sea. Everything seemed clean and the staff was helpful.

indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We only stayed one night on our way to Tiberius. Part of a small group. The rooms were very worn. The bathroom had dirty grout. We were tired after a long plane trip so we just went to sleep after dinner. The food was OK. Service friendly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Seasons Hotel? Share your experiences!