“Only the hot water” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Hot Springs/ Geysers, Wellness & Spas
5 attraction reviews
“Only the hot water”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hot mineral water on the pools is very pleasant but the rest.. Expensive tickets, old and bad looking wash rooms and lockers, poor and freezing coffee shop, no personnel to talk too. This place requires huge face lift or will just disappear

Visited March 2014

montreal
“Authentic Israeli experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

As a Canadian visiting a place such as this I will not judge it by my Canadian standard, if I did it would not do this place justice.
I went there with my husband who is native of this country and his cousins, that might have helped me because when I travel this way I never feel like a tourist and want to enjoy these attractions as a local.
I must say that I really had a wonderful experience there.
There are four indoor pools each of varying temperature, hot, hotter and hottest.
All have whirlpools in them as well with varying strengths.
There are sulphur shower jets in another part of this complex.
Steam and dry sauna, hot and humid as they should be,
The locals bring food and make a day out of this as at night they have a singer and music.
It may not be the cleanest place but if you embrace all the great qualities and ambiance of this place you will have an excellent and memorable day as I did,
Leave your preconceived notions of what a spa should be and enjoy Israeli style.
They have a joie de vivre that we as westerners should try to emulate!
Have fun and enjoy as I did!

Visited March 2014
Israel
7 attraction reviews
“much promise - little delivery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had the misfortune of a return visit to a place I loved several years ago when it opened. Let me begin with a positive comment. The waters here wonderful. There are several pools of water with different temperatures various mineral components. However! Hamei Gaash today is poorly maintained, shabby, not clean, disappointing in every respect. The staff is barely visible as they do not wear uniforms and have no identification tags. The Israeli public contributes to the unattractiveness of the premises by eating their sandwiches, etc, conspicuously in areas where signs clearly forbid food. The locker room facilities are worn out and neglected. There was one staff member in the women's locker room when I was there. She was busy on her cell phone and refused to answer any questions. As we were leaving I asked to speak with a manager or other responsible person and was told to wait. After 10 minutes I left and will not return in the near future. This place has so much potential; it is a shame how it has deteriorated.

Visited December 2013
Netanya, HaMerkaz, Israel
35 attraction reviews
“Some people love it, I'm neutral”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

It's a spa, basically, with all kinds of small spas inside. Plus pool, both outside and inside. It's a very lazy time passing and I'm not very keen on spas, for me 15 minutes is enough, but other people really like it.

Visited December 2012
israel
3 attraction reviews
“a visit to the spa and hot springs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

a nice and well cared place. it is hot springs in the middle of the country so you don't have to go south to the dead sea, even though that the dead sea is a very interesting place and a gorgouse tour there.

Visited October 2012