“A weekend at Fauzi Azar Inn, to be remembered with much pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
50% off the second night
Ranked #1 of 10 Nazareth B&B and Inns
Jerusalem, Israel
“A weekend at Fauzi Azar Inn, to be remembered with much pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Recently we spent a wonderful weekend at the Fauzi Azar Inn in Nazareth.
We came as two couples, one of us a tourist from Spain and the rest Israelis.
THIS INN HAD BEEN HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO US BY FRIENDS WHO STAYED THERE, AND WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED - ON THE CONTRARY - IT MORE THAN MET OUR EXPECTATIONS!
It is modest accommodation, no TVs, jacuzzis etc, no closed wardrobes -
Yet comfortable and scrupulously clean.
The old building gives a sense of history and is interesting in itself.
We had rooms 12 and 13 which were just right for us.
We enjoyed the atmosphere of openness and met people of many different types.
The kitchen and lobby-sitting room are welcoming - free tea, coffee and cake .
Breakfast - extremely tasty and generous!
The staff couldnt have been more friendly and helpful- from advising about excursions in the nearby, suggesting restaurants, helping with parking and other matters..
We all feel enthusiastic about our stay ,will return for sure and will recommend to all our friends.
Janice Shapiro,Jerusalem

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Hebrew first
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

With 40 countries and 6 continents under my belt, this inn makes my top 5 list of best value. To the Fauzi Azar - excellent job and keep this jewel open!

As an independent traveler I loved this place, along with every other guest present.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was an adventure (a good one) to wander through the old city and find the hostel, but once through the hobbit-sized door, it was absolutely amazing and very economical. Amazing structure with painted ceilings and a story that Fauzi Azar's granddaughter will share on the free tour in the morning. Super friendly staff always willing to chat. A cappucino machine! Free fruit and cake made several times daily. A fabulous free Israeli breakfast in the morning. The beds were the most comfortable we've had yet and we had a beautiful sleep. Our group of four have decided that we were absolutely and completely spoiled here. I would come back, for longer, in a heartbeat as would the rest of my crew!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Though finding the place was a little tricky, when renting a car and using googlemaps, once I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. Once I stepped through the small, insignificant entrance, I was instantly greeted by a beautiful stone courtyard, complete with fountains, birds, balconies, and lush plantings. It was an oasis within the old city of Nazareth, and you could almost feel the history from the walls. The staff were very pleasant and helpful with navigating the city, and in the morning, after the best breakfast I had during my 12 day stay in Israel, provided an in-depth talk from the owner about the history of the house and the family to which it still belongs after 8 generations. They also provided a 2 hour tour of the old city to meet some of the local merchants, who were very friendly and welcoming, while working at their trades. This Inn made Nazareth one of the highlights of my entire trip to Israel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

After staying in places costing two and three times as much per night in other cities the Fauzi was our best hotel experience on our whole trip. If modern hotels with room service and swimming pools are what you need then this is not for you but if you want a clean, beautiful, friendly base in the old city then stop dithering and book here.

Our double room with en suite bathroom was clean and comfortable, it was a relief to have access to a well equipped kitchen so that we didn't have to eat in restaurants for every meal and the non-stop free cake, fruit, tea and coffee was a treat too. The building is a well restored Ottoman family residence and there are numerous couches and chairs in courtyards etc where one can just sit and relax when not out touristing. If this is the sort of thing you want then I've never found a better example.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The title says it all. I've never before rated a hostel here but now I needed I had to as I had such a great experience with the Fauzi Azar Inn. The building itself is a sight as it's so stunningly beautiful. The breakfast was so abundant I could have paid the price of the dorm bed just for that. The staff was very friendly and gave all the advice I needed for my hike. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Wonderful hostel, really the best ever, and I have stayed all over the U.S. and several places here in Israel. Lovely and excellent staff, especially the tour-guide, Linda!! And the breakfast itself is worth the price of staying!!! It was Epic!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Fauzi Azar Inn? Share your experiences!