TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Nice hotel, bad service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Hotel

You added Oasis Hotel to your Saves list
Oasis Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jericho Jerusalem Road, P.O. Box 150, Jericho (Formerly InterContinental Jericho)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Jericho
“Nice hotel, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I will compare to other hotels I’ve been to in the last 2 years in the nearby countries(Egypt and Jordan):
Pros:
1. Very nice rooms
2. Bathroom includes both bath tub and shower.
3. Nice pools including the one for kids. One pool remains open until 10PM.
4. The kids pool is partially covered

Cons:
1. Crowded breakfast - you had to wait in a queue to get to eat.
2. Not much variety on breakfast compared to other 5 stars hotels
3. Extremely basic kids club (cannot be named a club even)
4. BAD, VERY BAD Service in food areas
5. Management below expectations

Conclusion:
We expected to arrive to a real 5 stars hotel, but we left rather disappointed and with a taste of bitterness.
It’s a pity to see how badly managed the waiters in the food areas are. We felt this in 2 places:
1. In the restaurant next to the pool area. I had to call the waiters 3 or 4 times for ordering our meals. Each one of them was obviously saying “sure, I’m coming”. One of them even said so while going away with his back turned to me (5 Starts hotel!!!!).
When we asked for additional plate and cutlery for my daughter, the waiter brought dirty plates and the cutlery was wrapped in paper with remains of tomato sauce.
Can’t the management ask the waiters to LOOK AND THINK on the items they intend to bring to the customers?
2. On Saturday the breakfast was so crowded that we had to wait in queue to find a seat. Actually, we understood that there is no order at all and you cannot trust the waiters to find you a place. So I started looking for people that might finish soon.
After finding a place, it was a challenge to find cutlery, plates, FOOD, cups, coffee and milk. Again, whenever asking for something from the waiters the answer was always “sure, I’m coming” or “I’m sending someone” and it was immediately evident that he didn’t do anything about it.
I cannot blame the waiters in this case. The blame is on management. Can you believe that only one waiter is assigned to distribute coffee and tea to the whole dining room???? (I asked about this and got confirmation from another waiter).
There is only one chef for the omelettes too and he is super busy and cannot cope with the long queue of people!!!
Furthermore, the staff is not considering the cleaning standards regarding washing their hands between tasks. You see people handling food with their bare hands, then transferring dirty stuff and not washing their hands before handling food again.
Worse of all… when calling the service manager to complain about the breakfast, he started giving excuses about the habits of the hotel’s guests. For example: he told my wife that in 5 stars hotels, people are not supposed to bring the baby prams into the dining rooms while all guests do it.
The question is: IS THERE ANY SIGN ABOUT IT? And I’ve been to so many hotels in the area in the last 2 years (Hyatt Taba Heights, Kempinski Aqaba, Movenpick Tala Baya and all were better BTW). There wasn’t such rule in any of them!
So my advice to management is this: WORK ON THE SERVICE. PUT MORE STAFF AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE TYPE OF CUSTOMERS THAT ARRIVE. You might get horrible customers, but it doesn’t mean that others are supposed to suffer because of it!

Considering we came there for our anniversary, while being there we took a decision not to revisit this hotel anytime soon.

Room Tip: 4th Floor is the only floor with non-smoking rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hisham N, General Manager at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Mr./Mrs. Masarweh

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your review and give us a view about your experience at the InterContinental Jericho.

First of all , I am sorry that few things did not meet you expectations , your points are of value for us and we take them all seriously.
I will verify with my colleagues to see all details of your valued review points .

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you again here at the InterContinental Jericho and I am confident that you will do all efforts to make your stay a memorable one .

Hisham Nammari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our Christian tour group of 30 stayed here five nights and was truly sad to leave. From the moment we arrived (with refreshments and sweets to welcome us), the hospitality at this beautiful place was always outstanding. Buffet dinners at the Gazebo featured a lavish array of Lebanese foods ... and try the pizza some afternoon (it's huge!) Many of our group enjoyed massages and facials at the spa; the pool was a delight; rooms were comfortable and bathrooms afforded every luxury. Best of all was the location: literally "down the highway" and through 1 easy checkpoint from Jerusalem; and good access to the Dead Sea (Kalya literally 10 min), the new Jordan River baptism site, Masada & Ein Gedi. A wonderful venue for our first visit to Israel & Palestine!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
To : writergirlHouston

Dear Valued Guest .

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us this lovely and warm review .
Me and my Team read your review and happy that you had a real pleasant and memorable time with us .
We are glad also that all services were up to your expectations and you had a wonderful experience at the InterContinental Jericho.

Yes its true , our location though seems remote but its magnificent is that its in the desert but close to all areas of interests like what you mentioned in your review .

We really hope to see you again here at the InterContinental Jericho wishing you all the best from me and my Team .

truro, cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our stay was 25/05/2013 for one night , after an amazing identical stay (treat!) last year.This is one of the best overall hotel-experience we have ever had as a family of 5 (the children's ages are 6, 10 and 11). Service, comfort, feeling looked after all the time! GO THERE!

Room Tip: We have had the best service and room always. Rent a car from Jerusalem (Green Peace Company, near U...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hisham N, General Manager at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
TheKincaids ...

Dear Thekincaids Family ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your wonderful review and we are pleased that your experience at the InterContinental Jericho was pleasant as well as last years stay.

We are at at all times committed to make the stay of all our valued Guests meet their expectations and hopefully more .
Looking forward to have the opportunity to have you here again and again.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel provides a good basis for a visit to the city of Jericho. Overall however it lacks the quality of an Intercontinental: the rooms are decent but you start to see the age of the place with shower heads, mattresses, TVs, and quality of the Wifi service. The minibar is not stocked and there is no room service. The buffet breakfast/lunch/dinner fulfills it's purpose to feed you but is nothing specific. There is a nice pool area, but I was missing a waiter to walk around and serving you food/beverages. There are tennis courts but the hotel only has two very old tennis balls you can borrow. It would not take much to upgrade the experience. On several occasions service staff knocked on my door because they wanted to check something (the drinking glasses) or repair the nightstand - which sounded VERY weird to me and made me carrying all my valuables with me at all the time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hisham N, General Manager at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
On_the_Road_Again

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for InterContinental Jericho , we value very much your comments and assuring you of our utmost attention and we take all comments seriously .
I have verified all your notes and took necessary steps on certain comments related to our services , and hope on your next trip to Jericho , we will have the opportunity to have you as our Guest.

Wishing you all the best and thank you again for your valuable review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We go to this hotel once or twice a year. And we have been to many hotels and countries. My daughter jasmine says this is the hotel she wants to live in for the rest of her life: she says that one day she will buy the hotel!!
What can I say? Every time we go there we enjoy the great hospitality, the spacious and clean rooms and the delicious food. But above all we enjoy the great hospitality of the staff who are always there for you but do that with a sense of dignity, not letting guests do as they wish and bothering others.
This is a great hotel even though it was meant to host the visitors to the nearby closed casino. First time I came here to attend a wedding in 2006 and since then me and my family (four ppl) have come here for almost 12 times. We never get bored of going there. Maybe when my daughter buys the hotel (she is 14 now) we will move to live there!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Hisham N, General Manager at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Karram and Family

Thank you very much for the lovely and interesting review that I read with interest and we all appreciate the loyalty Jasmine and your self shown towards our fine Resort .

My greetings to Mrs. Karram and lovely Jasmine , I hope one day she can Own her Resort :)
We , the Management and all colleagues are committed to our promise to offer our services with love and gain the hearts of our valued clients .

I and my Colleagues are looking forward to meet you here on your next visit to Jericho.

Springfield, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Excellent location close to the Dead Sea. Food in the main restaurant is one of the best I have ever tasted in the ten years. Not all 5 star hotels are alike. The Arabic cuisine dishes thee are wonderful and covers a wide range of varieties. So if you are not staying in the hotel and going for quick business or tourist trip on the way to the Dead Sea my advice is to stop by to try their food.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hisham N, General Manager at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Eelhadi

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind and encouraging review . I have copied my Colleagues and the Executive Chef Mr. Kahaleh of your comments .
I am glad that you have enjoyed the stay here and have enjoyed our food at the Restaurant .

We are committed to deliver our promise for all our beloved guests to offer them a great experience at all times .
Hope to have the opportunity to meet you on your next trip to Palestine .

hisham Nammari
Rochdale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

If you want to visit Jericho Palestine, one of the worlds oldest inhabited cities its only Hotel available.Its the biggest building in Jericho and some how looks out of place. It used to be the home of a large casino that was a regular haunt of many from Israel.
The rooms are clean and spacious, the breakfast was poor, not what you would expect for a Five Star.
The main attractions are the Mount of Temptation that you access via cable car, its worth the visit Hisham's Palace if you like historical sites and a must visit is the Dead Sea.

Room Tip: The higher the better for views across the dessert.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hisham N, General Manager at Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
dear martyn ,

Thank you for the review and hope that your stay in Jericho and the country was pleasant , I agree with you that Jericho still would attract short stays or stopover but it is developing and hope some day Jericho will be an attractive destination for longer stays .

We take our guest reviews seriously and assure you of our best attention at all times , and hope on your next trip you will find a good breakfast that suites your taste.

Thank youa gain for the review and hope to see you here again.

best regards

Hisham Nammari

Been to Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!