“No pool, no hot tub, no discount.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2 & Earn a Reward
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Artesia
SouthWest
“No pool, no hot tub, no discount.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We booked this motel a few months ago for a trip to Carlsbad Caverns and upon arrival there was quite a crowd enjoying a Sunday afternoon party at the adjacent Chinese restaurant. It didn't appear there were many staying at the motel, however. At check in, there was a sign stating the pool and hot tub were unavailable due to unscheduled maintenance; the pool was drained, the hot tub was still full of water.

The motel is pretty pricey, and the reason we booked was to enjoy the pool/ hot tub, so we asked for a discount to offset the lack of these amenities. The front desk staff informed us that the Mgr. Sandy Johnson had not authorized any discounts. Bad business decision in our opinion.

We were understandably disappointed and upset & decided not to stay, getting a complete refund. It was worth the extra drive to find a comparable room w/pool & hot tub in Roswell for $35 less at a different chain of motels. There are many to chose from who will treat customers well.

I've been a Best Western Rewards member for a few years, but will now do business elsewhere whenever I can. We also learned another valuable lesson. If a pool is important CALL FIRST to see that it is working to avoid disappointment on arrival.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
God's chosen county of Lancashire - England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night of a 33 night roadtrip. The hotel is easy to find, although Artesia isn't the biggest place! It felt slightly overpriced, but could have been worse as the town isn't bustling with competitiors. Check-in was swift and the staff are very friendly, and I liked the older-style (but thoroughly updated) rooms with the little kitchenette which enabled me to cut down on the cost of eating out. There's a reasonable Walmart less than a mile away where you can stock up. The bed was super-comfortable - ideal for lolling on to watch the Breaking Bad premiere!!! My only criticism was breakfast, which is served at an adjacent Chinese restaurant. I've previously stayed in hotels with similar set-ups, and once you've handed in your voucher you can help yourself. Not here! Your order is taken, which is probably marvellous if you enjoy a large cooked breakfast. However, even the smell of a "full English" turns my stomach before noon. Luckily my toast and cereal was offered to take away, so I was able to assemble it in my room. They'd also run out of packets of raisin bran, so I ended up with cornflakes (which are OK as a one-off). I'd stay here again, but probably skip the breakfast next time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great Value!!!!! Excellent Staff!!! I stay at this hotel often for a reason.I travel to Artesia approximately once a month and eventhough there are other hotel options the Best Western is always my first choice. I highly recommend to anyone who is going to stay in Artesia. You cannot beat the value or the service anywhere in town!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Shadow Hills, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were greeted by front desk employee Kim Upon our checking in. Super helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Kim when above and beyond to make our stay a pleasurable one at that. If I had a Kim working for me I am sure my business would grow ten fold!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

AUSTIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I were on our way from South Texas to Taos. The first night we chose to stay in Artesia. There aren't too many choices there. However the Pecos Inn is comfortable if not too new. The pool area is very nice and the hot tub is great! The breakfast is in the Chinese restaurant attached to the hotel. Fair food - not the best. The rooms are a nice size and clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

King room with hot tub was not too expensive. I soaked off the walk through Carlsbad Caverns and then ate a wonderful (free) cooked breakfast in the dining room in the morning. This hotel is easily reached after a day in Carlsbad Caverns and is close enough to get you on the Santa Fe the next afternoon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Stafford, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Up front I will tell you we didn't stay there long. We checked in at 10pm and were out by 8am so we were unable to enjoy the pool or hot breakfast (both of which seemed very nice). However, the rooms need a little TLC. Although it was a non smoking room, the smell of smoke and must were present. The carpet seemed old and the comforter on the beds looked like the type that don't get washed often. That being said, the room was spacious and the bathroom very clean. It was a good price for the space, family friendly, and they give a military rate.

• Stayed June 2013
Sandy J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pecos Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your time and thoughts. I hope if you come back you can try the pool and breakfast.

Been to BEST WESTERN Pecos Inn? Share your experiences!