“Tapeo, Herzlia, too noisy” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Tapeo, Herzlia, too noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is restaurant where we have had many enjoyable meals over the years. We always found it pleasant, friendly, affordable and the food very good. Now, however, it is no longer possible to sit there and have a coherent conversation. The music is insufferable wherever one sits. A request to turn down the volume a little results in a refusal, for this is "their concept." We did not stay, for the damage to our ears would have been irreversible.

When I am at it, let me mention that the manner in which I was addressed when making my reservation over the phone was curt and uncivil, more like an army recruitment centre than anything else. This never was the case in the past. We may try again in a couple of months, but meanwhile this is not a place to go to.

• Visited January 2014

Tel Aviv
“Our favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I don't know why I was waiting so long to write a review on this restaurant.
My wife and I go there at least twice a month, food is simply superb, their margaritas are second to none and service is impeccable.
The only sad part is that they have changed the Paella (pa-ye-a) recipe and to be honest, it's not as good as the previous one...
Bottom line:
If you had only one night in Israel and you had to choose a place - this should be the one.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“So much fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I am not too keen on the tacky Juan Miro decor but sitting at the bar in this tapas place makes me forget it. The food is great. It's not too different from other good tapas bars in Israel but if you make sure to ask to sit in Yaniv's section you're in for a treat. Great food recommendations and a constant flown of weird and wonderful alcohol shots will make you appreciate your decision to step in.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Israel and the US
“Wonderfull selection of Tapas and Wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Reasonably priced, liked the Tapas here more than in recent visits to Spain, Must have the cauliflower.
There bread is terribly addictive.
Reasonably priced too.

Visited September 2013
“One of my favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have been coming to Tapeo for over 12 years, the place maintains its standard. Great Tapas dishes and a huge selection of good alcohol. I prefer the Bar but sitting at a table is as good.

Visited September 2013