“Should be better” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 89 Restaurants in Herzlia
“Should be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were staying at the Ritz Carlton and had dinner there once, the decoration is very nice, the staff is very young and nice but clearly lacking experience.
The service was a little erratic, took a while to have everything on the table.
The food was average, clearly below our expectations, as the chef/owner has a good reputation.
The price was on the expensive side, in line with the hotel and location, but given the service and quality of the food something is clearly missing here...
As we were staying at the hotel had breakfast there, and the same comments apply.

• Hebrew first
D.C.
“Lo, lo, lo!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

So excited to go to this highly acclaimed kosher restaurant; all I can say is that the food was mediocre and way overpriced, and the service was awful. We had to wait for everything, the appetizer were brought out at the same time as the main meal, and they didn't ask what wine we wanted until after the food was served. All in all, I would not recommend this to ANYONE and would NEVER go back. What an embarrassment for the Ritz!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Antwerp
“Rochfeld...get BACK into your kitchen..enough of your sous chefs!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had been looking forward to this lunch forever, after hearing so many superlatives in connection with this new addition to the Rochfeld chain. It is beautiful, tastefully decorated and peaceful....the waitress could not have been nicer. They brought us their signature bread which is always delicious, I am sorry to say, THE BREAD was the highlight of the meal. I started with a "tartare of fish on a bed of eggplant. Maybe there was 15 grams of fish, maybe not, on a bed of some white fluff (till now, I have no idea what it was...except that it was totally devoid of taste). My friend had a duck salad that was so spicy that she couldn't taste anything on her plate including her tongue!!! Next...I ordered the chicken as I know his chicken is always wonderful and inventive. Pieces of chicken in a brown nondescript sauce with what looked like mushrooms and potatoes....again, no taste...no interesting spices, no fabulous reduction...even some simple garlic would have been appreciated...but no...nothing...anaemic chicken. My friend ordered some beef pieces....she said her beef was ok but the potatoes were devoid of anything...no SALT no PEPPER no GARLIC no ROSEMARY no THYME no anything...and undercooked to boot. She left the potatoes, I have NEVER seen her do that. he meal was so disappointing I don't know where to begin. I tried to speak to a manager, but I was told that everyone else thought it was wonderful, and basically what was wrong with me?? BTW not true we watched many of the plates of potatoes going back into the kitchen UNTOUCHED. Anyway, true to Israel form, and true to these uber trendy places, we were mocked..but they did offer us dessert which we politely declined. A GOOD talk with the chef would have been better. BUT>>>REALLY JONATHAN, you can not leave it up to sous chefs to protect your name, you have to get back into your kitchens and oversee......I KNOW how wonderful it can be to eat a REAL JONATHAN ROCHFELD meal, and I sorely miss it :-(

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Expected Much More - Food was great, service extremely lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I attended a business dinner for 6 people at the restaurant. The poor service began when our waiter could barely speak English. I expected that in a restaurant in the Ritz hotel, a global exclusive chain, would ensure that the staff would be able to cater to overseas guests by at least being able to converse in English. The waiter recommended getting a few starters to put in the middle and then each would order his/her main dish. The waiter did indeed choose a few dishes, but we had to fight each other to get a taste. For example. 2 plates of sashimi were served, but one with 3 pieces, the other with 2. Not enough for 6 people. Another two dishes came with only 1 piece of tampura in each. Ok, so we managed to add orders for the first dishes so that we were able to eventually all get a taste. But then there was the wine. We ordered a very tastey wine and it was so good we ordered a 2nd bottle. However, the wine was spoilt and we had to send the bottle back. No compensation, no sincere apologies, just another waiter taking the bottle back and waiting another 15 minutes before they brought another bottle. Overall the food was great, but the service was beyond bad. For an almost 2,500 shekel meal I would have expected a lot more. Not to mention that the chef was in the restaurant and I had asked if it would be possible for him to greet the guests as one of the guests is a culinary expert, but we were lied to and told that he had left although we saw him several times after that. The food is good, i have to say that, but I wouldn't recommend going more than once.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good food, Bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We celebrated a birthday at this restaurant at noon last Friday.
We were 14 people.
The restaurant is very beautiful and impressive, and it is located in the new Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Herzliya.
The food served nice, and elegant, and very tasty and really high quality.
However, the service is really bad.
A long waiting time until the arrival of food.
Different requests unanswered, and you must repeat them several times.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere