“Rooms ruined our stay” 3 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Ramot Yam, Herzlia 46851, Israel   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Herzlia
“Rooms ruined our stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We got an excellent rate but were given two standard adjoining rooms while we had specifically requested separate rooms. The rooms 416 and 417 are right next to the elevator . Our room 416 has a column in it looking out ant chance of light if you open the curtains. There is no balcony and only a slightly sea view from the one room. But windows were filthy and so we left curtains closed.. and the rooms were therefore dark damp and dingy.
This is really a pity because the hotel is well located , has excellent food and a huge well looked after pool and clean beach.
The hotel tried to make up for the rooms by sending up some wine and fruit but honesty this doesn't cut it.
If you choose this hotel ask to check the
room out before unpacking!
I am disappointed... we have stayed at many good hotels in Israel and abroad and there is nothing like a dark damp room to ruin a first impression and the whole stay at a hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Rilapel, Public Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Daniel Herzliya hotel.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations especialy about dirty windows at your room and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site..

Some issues could have been rectified during your stay as my team and I are available to guests all the time.

I wish to assure you that we at the Daniel Herzliya Hotel are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation.
Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

If you are planning on returning to the Herzliya, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
I also invite you to send me your personal mail address so I can speak to you in person.
My mail address riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il

Best regards
Guest relation manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is the second time in a month that we spent a few days at this hotel.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.
Service and friendliness was above average.
Position on the BeachFront excellent.
Breakfast at the Shizen was really good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rilapel, Public Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest Lenren,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our Team members and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable, and you enjoyed our special menu and the spa facilities.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Daniel Herzelia Hotel by Tamares Hotels.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Best Regards
Guest Relations Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 'deluxe' room for two nights. I had to constantly fight with housekeeping to supply bath mats, hand towels and a towel for my wife to dry her hair with. The elevators were not airconditioned and uneasant, the hallway of our floor was not airconditioned either. The view of the water was nice.....

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Daniel Herzliya hotel.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations especialy regarding houeskeeping problem. I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site..

My mail address riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il

Best regards
Guest relation manager
Kochav Yair
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is the second time my wife & I have stayed at the Shizen Spa at the Daniel Hotel.
It was perfect in every respect. Lovely rooms w/ocean view, full range of spa treatments, indoor + outdoor pools, courteous/attentive staff.
Shizen has it all!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cocahva,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Best Regards
Guest Relations Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on the 14th floor (room 1406)

Initial impressions are good. Check in ground floor area looks nice and modern. But as soon as you step into the lift you start to get a little suspicious as the lift is very small and old.

My room itself was ok with a nice view if the beach. But everything is a little tired and in need if a refurbishment.

The sink had no plug while the shower and everything else was really old and not cleaned that well.

Everything worked ok, but not up to scratch of a modern hotel.

Pros
Air in in the room that works
Reasonable choice if TV channels
Breakfast area is big with a lot of choice
Beach location is great
Good bed
Good minibar
Didn't have any issues with service, but didn't really need much help

Cons
No free wifi
Tired room (at least room 1406) and looking at the decor in that floor, I guess other rooms ate also tired.
Alarm kept going off (but everyone ignored it)
Shower not great

Cost of the room for 2 nights ($390)

• Stayed July 2013
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to answer the quick feedback regarding your recent stay at Daniel Herzliya Hotel by Tamares Hotels.

I am truly sorry your stay did not meet your expectations.

I would appreciate you elaborating about the issues you mentioned in your feedback and raising any other concern you may have by replying to this email.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in the Daniel on and off for almost a month this July. The location is great but going for club rooms you would expect good service throughout the hotel. The service was average at best, some days the room wasn't clean, once the robes were taken never to be seen again. Soap and Shampoo would not be replenished on a regular basis. We like this hotel for the location but management must do something to improve the service. I hope they will read this.

• Stayed July 2013
riki a, Public Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear sir

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Location: GREAT - beach and beach restaurants next to hotel
Service: AVERAGE - some nice people, but some very rude and not very customer-oriented
Rooms: RUN DOWN - not a place you like to stay

Lives from its name and its great location. Major renovations should start sooner than later. Too expensive for the current condition and the average service provided.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear sir

Daniel Herzliya Hotel

Been to Daniel Herzliya Hotel? Share your experiences!