“LOVE IT ,EYE REFRESHING.” 4 of 5 stars

Daniel Herzliya Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Ramot Yam, Herzlia 46851, Israel   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Herzlia
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“LOVE IT ,EYE REFRESHING.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

service was good , ready to help , always there to see your need
rooms were nice
great and prime location on the beach.

i love the location / the business lounge / the public and guest relation maanger very friendly and round the clock to ensure your expectations are met.

one needs to be there to experience the real feel of the hotel.
ESPECIALLY NOW WHEN THE SUMMER IS BEGINING.

Room Tip: ask for sea view its breath taking.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
The Americas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

We travelled with a group. Part of our group got nice renovated rooms. The other part got old rooms which looked like they had not been touched since the 1980's. Our suite was outstanding (newly renovated, modern decor, great view), although the adjoining room was 1980's vintage. Unfortunately, there was a very strong and foul sewer smell in the room. I mean very very strong. We complained to the front desk. All they could do was try to mask the very strong smell by putting herbal essence wicks. It did not work at all. They were apologetic but did nothing to compensate us. They said they will follow up but we never heard back from them. Breakfast was very good overlooking the coastline. The driveway is not suited for tour buses. We all got wet getting into the tour bus. Internet is very very expensive. Luckily we could do without it as we only stayed one night.

• Stayed February 2011
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Hotel is in a lovely location on the beach front.

We stayed for 5 nights. 2 days where for tourist days and 3 where business days.

The rooms where clean and we had a safe and a hairdryer...

Complimentary chocs where left as was water - which was a nice touch.

The room I had was a good size but there was not outside space/balcony - which would of been nice as room faced the sea...

We only stayed for the breakfast as ate out in the evenings..

There was always plenty of choice and lots of fresh goodies!

I would have liked to have been nearer my colleagues as I was down stairs and the others where on the 6th floor - being a lone female I did find this awkward. Especially when we had a power cut during the night.

The pool is lovely and so is the beach.....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

I flew back to America with my husband and three children after a week in Israel, where my husband had to work, and me and my kids enjoyed our vacation. We chose to stay at Hotel Daniel- a hotel near the beach and close to my family. We received two clean rooms with a connecting door. I was surprised but relieved to discover that many entertaining activities were waiting for my children downstairs. Because of the endless activities which included a day with a magician and nonstop creative projects, my husband and I hardly felt the kids throughout the whole vacation! At other hotels that I've stayed at in the past, I found the pools very noisy and dirty. The pool at hotel Daniel is very clean and always full of only smiling people that enabled us to enjoy our vacation. The last thing that I must add about the pool is that it's possible to walk from the pool down to the beach without any roads on the way. The food was so good that we all went back home with a couple of extra pounds on! The staff included very warm people that always were at our service with a smile- even when we ordered an endless number of towels to the room because of the pool. My husband enjoyed working quietly at the lounge that was part of the deal. I don't usually write reviews about any hotels although we have stayed in many different hotels, but hotel Daniel was everything we expected- if not more, from an excellent hotel. I will definitely go back to hotel Daniel, to the pool, and to the relaxing spa that the hotel has to offer.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

great staff polite service
provides a great sea view and access to the sea direct from the swimming pool
excellent breakfast

Beijing
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Clientele mainly families and retired couples. My third floor room had seen better days but would have been OK for half the price!.
Surly reception staff and trying to get anything like a cup of coffee at breakfast is hopeless. The wait staff appear untrained, unsupervised and uninterested. Was there three days before being offered coffee at breakfast! The table linen is often unironed. The dining room, with a beautiful view of the ocean, was heavily curtained and we breakfasted under electric light!!! When I drew the curtain back a waiter asked me if there was a problem!
For the price you pay, there must be better options in this area.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

This is my first review on Tripadvisor. The useless service at the Daniel has annoyed me one too many times and made it worth my writing a review here.

I have to stay here as my company appears to have some kind of deal with the hotel.

The rooms look quite nice, but are actually quite shabby. A closer look reveals a rusty bath, warped wooden panels. Lightbulbs in the corridor are not replaced when they are blown. Carpets are dirty. I saw cockroaches on the stairs.

The service is simply awful. The hotel seems to be staffed by students who clearly do not care at all about the hotel or its customers.

My room was cleaned, but details overlooked - the phone does not work properly, dirty cups were not washed up, the minibar was not filled properly.

There is a Japanese style restaurant that is overpriced, with poor service. There is a dull lobby restaurant that is overpriced with poor service.

Room service stops at 2300. This isn't mentioned anywhere in the room service menu. Reception will still put you through to room service if you call after 2300, but your call will simply go unanswered - they can't be bothered to tell you it's actually closed, but will just put you through so you can enjoy listening to an engaged tone. Go up to discuss the situation with the people at reception and you will be treated with contempt.

Don't expect anyone at reception to greet you properly on arrival, or be polite to you. The experience is akin to buying a newspaper at a supermarket, as opposed to being a valued customer at an expensive hotel handing over hundreds of dollars for the privilege of staying.

The gym is ok.

The only savng grace is that the overpriced internet connection is reasonably fast.

Stay somewhere else. Something during your stay at the Daniel is guaranteed to infuriate you and the staff simply don't seem to care about the money you're paying.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Daniel Herzliya Hotel? Share your experiences!