“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Description: It's a meat restaurant
Seattle, Washington
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The location is great - in the middle of the tech companies in Herzliya. The food was good and service was good too.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Rude Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I drove more than 1 hr to try "Meat & Wine". My wife and I have heard so much about it and decided to finally try it out. When we arrived the restaurant had 70% of the tables empty. We did not have a reservation. The Hostess said all the tables are reserved and she can not seat us. She said if we wanted to eat at the bar we could sit at the bar. We were not thrilled but we drove all this way to try this restaurant so we sat at the bar. They gave us our menus and we were deciding on our order and the manager of the restaurant came over to us and asked do you have a reservation? We said no but the hostess sat us at the bar to eat. The Manager responded "I am sorry but you will have to leave. All the taken are taken and the bar is also taken for reservations." I explained to him that the hostess sat us at the table ad said we could not have a table but we could eat at the bar. I questions how could this be the 70% of the restaurant was empty tables. The Bar was empty. He was unsympathetic and rudely took the menus out of our hands and asked us to please leave. It was an embarrassing experience and we will never go back to that place again. Business is obviously great for them if they can treat their customers so poorly.

London
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Excellent food good service and lovely atmosphere. Really enjoyed a good meal. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding Restaurant in Israel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Meat and Wine is a very popular though very expensive restaurant situated in one of Israel's premier high-tech areas, the business section of Herzliya. It is large by Israeli standards, on two floors. We were a large party of 15, there a few days before our first grandson's wedding. As the name suggests, the restaurant specializes in Meat dishes, particularly steak. I had a juicy Angus steak, others preferred different choices, my wife had chicken on a skewer. The restaurant offers its steaks with their own delicious sauce that enhances the beef. We had a room on the upper floor to ourselves. Service is prompt, efficient, friendly and helpful. Everyone agreed that their dish tasted at a level of perfection. As noted, prices are on the high side, 50-65 US dollars would be about average for steak plus vegetables. We are not wine drinkers so I don't know how much extra glasses of wine would add to the bill. In the evening parking is plentiful on the street or in underground lots.

• Visited May 2014
Beit Shemesh Israel
“Great restaurant for a special occassion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Last night my husband and I went to Meat and Wine in Herziliya for the first time. We had been waiting for a special occasion and a good deal. The special occasion was my birthday and the good deal was an eluna.com discount voucher. Where do I start? The food was all perfect. From the chopped liver starter, served on toast with house jam, to the steaks- my entrecote (rib-eye?) and my husbands Angus, that were grilled to perfection, exactly as we ordered, to the delicious tart tatin topped with yummy strawberry ice cream for dessert. The service was amazing: all I had to do was look up in the direction of the wait staff and someone was at my side asking how they could help? The waitress had made a note when we came in when we mentioned my birthday so when my husband went to ask her to put sparklers in the dessert she already had it covered. The atmosphere is very hip and the decor is chic. Although we were there early on Israeli dinner standards, 6:30 pm, the place was quite full and there was a constant influx of diners. And to top it all off (if this matters to you) it's Kosher! But the majority of the crowd did not look like Orthodox Jews, which for me a sign of a good Kosher restaurant is when non-Kosher eaters frequent the place. It is a bit pricey- our meal came to 395 NIS, but it is worth it for a special occassion.

• Visited May 2014