“low budget 1960's and not improved since” 2 of 5 stars

Orchid Okeanos Suites Herzliya
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Ramat Yam, Herzlia 46851, Israel   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Herzlia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“low budget 1960's and not improved since”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The interior is severely overdue for renovation. The facilities are very poor. The bathroom is so 1960. The taps are not working properly. The shower is always leaking on the floor. The air conditioner makes a noise like an aeroplane. The cleaning is not done properly and there are many items missing in the room: incomplete sets of knife and forks strange set of cups etc. The carpet is very dirty. The duvet is poor quality. The staff are however friendly and helpful. The breakfast is extremely basic. No range of fruits: in this country ? The owner / investor is to blame for the sorry state. Do not stay here until it has been renovated. Location of course is very good right on the beach.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
sharon g, Manager at Orchid Okeanos Suites Herzliya, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Dear,
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the Orchid Okeanos suites Hotel by Orchid Chain,
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
Like the other Orchid Hotels we are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards. Therefore I was very surprised at your experience here.
I deeply apologize for any inconvenience.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hebrew first
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Is the best hotel with the best employees . I was there in September . Sea ​​view is absolutely gorgeous and they have very good conditions . Employees are very friendly and communicative . i gladly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our Hotel. We're so glad that everything combined helped create such a memorable vacation and our team was there to offer friendly assistance when necessary.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Over for best friends Daughters wedding. The Okeanos Suites, Herzlyia is fantastic, special mention to Alon, and Tommy who could not do enough to make our stay wonderful. They were always smiling and helpful. Building itself is stunning but could do with an internal refit/freshen up as tired looking. However, it has just been taken over by the Orchid Gp so we will watch with interest! We look forward to coming back very soon and it's a great location

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and liked the location. Close to the beach and the boulevards.
Had a nice spacious suite with reasonable balcony and partly ocean view.
Breakfast was not included and I preferred going to Benedict breakfast restaurant opposite to the hotel.
The hotel looks quite old and worn out, especially the elevator has a terrible (old) sweat smell. Further more the outdoor swimming pool was closed which I definitely didn't appreciate. The weather was great and I would have liked to have a nice swim in the open.
After the first night my room hadn't been cleaned, despite an early wake up.
My bed was so short that I had to find a diagonal position in order to get some comfortable sleep (I am 194 CM)
Staff were friendly, nice and liked to have a chat.
A big plus was the free Wifi that worked fast and flawless during my whole stay. No logging in after every minute or so but stable and reliable all the time. Really helpful when you have to work on laptop or iPad.
Paid 151 euro per night which is a lot cheaper than all surrounding places.
Despite these draw backs I would come back again. The over all experience is positive but close to mediocre.

Room Tip: Book a ocean view room, it's a nice view but also gives fresh air to the room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Greater London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Spent 2 weeks at this apartment/hotel. Excellent position, very friendly staff. No snack bar or any where to get a cup of coffee. Nice pool area. Rooms are spacious but need refurbishing. Tea and coffee are provided. Kitchenette had no toaster, otherwise reasonable. Bed extremely comfortable. Would return when the rooms are updated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear,
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
I deeply apologize for any inconvenience.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had wonderfully relaxing week at The Okeanos Suites, Herzlyia. Special mention to Alon, who greeted us with a friendly smile and big welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for him during our stay. We look forward to coming back very soon and it's a great location

Pauline

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

In the last 5 years ,2 times per year I spend my holiday in this beautiful location situated on a fantastic beach, where you can find a professional Manager Avi Bruder is a pleasure to hack with him and in the front desk is Tomi who knows how to greet the guest and make you feel confortable.I do not whant to think to change this Hotel.BRAVO

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Orchid Okeanos suites Hotel by Orchid Chain

Been to Orchid Okeanos Suites Herzliya? Share your experiences!