“Better than I expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Beersheba
austinboy
“Better than I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I want to start by sharing that based on reading reviews my expectations were not high. So, the hotel exceeded my expectations. It is the only hotel in town, so there aren't many options. But, this is not bad at all. the rooms are spacious and although well used, relatively clean. The tub is narrow, but suitable. The beds are Israeli-European style, i.e. two mattresses make up a king, but still relatively comfortable for a couple. The location is a little deceiving. You feel you are truly far away from eating alternatives, but a ten minutes walk in almost every direction will take you to some outdoor night activity. Here are the few criticisms I have. One they charge for internet, the gym and the business center. The bar is outrageously expensive for a beer. About 30ns., three time what you might expect to pay. so, be prepared to be nickeled and dimed to death.

Room Tip: My guess is every upper level room is a desert view. It s a quiet town, so noise is not an issue. If...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Hamburg, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed with one collegue in the Hotel for 2 nights from 2013.08.13 to 15 for business reasons. Any former posted comments are really true: the hotel and the offered service is definitely the worst I've ever seen on all my worldwide travels - at the end an 'Underground Performance'.
Room intrior is pretty old-fashioned, living room floor had seen much better days, door lock battery was down (We'll fix it the next days, use a normal key...), room and bathroom were clean at arrival but no room service done after the first night - room found as left. Ligths without bulb cover - just an energy saving bulb on the working desk (nice try and atmosphere), wall cabinet was not really cleaned up, toilet flush needs an hour... Additionally I was really ambarressed to give the hotel a $200 deposit for internet access and to get the explanation at the front desk (much later) that the server was already down the whole day. A $200 deposit for a non-available service? Is this the Fattal way of customer satisfaction? Sorry to say - if the Fattal Group wants to make advertising with such a hotel and if the guest have to pay $160 a night: congratulations to the management, you'll loose every customer! Even if there is no real other option in that area I will definitely try out something else or more inconvinient the next time but I will never set a foot again in this hotel.
The one and only positive thing at the end: Thanks so much to Shany from the front desk, she was really hard working to cope the situation and tried to help any guest as possible, even with all the complaints around!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Scarperia, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Small rooms, no desktop in room, so it's quite complicated for business traveller. No free internet connection in the room, but it is available in the hall. But it is not comfortable for PC users (no power sockets available).
So, maybe it's a family hotel.
The food is good, even if without a big choice.
The hotel personnel is ok, the restaurant one less.
Free parking, even if a little small, using the room card.

Room Tip: The 10th floor (business floor) has much better rooms and a nice view of the city
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is well situated and it was perfect for me and my family. Rooms are comfortable, and the food is very good. It is not my first time in this hotel, but this time it was perfect.
the hotel staff extremely friendly, and i will come again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Arad, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for three days before my trip to Mexico. I have to say that my one week vacation in Rome with plane and hotel include was cheaper than the three days i spent in this Hotel. I make my reservation for one double room and in the specifications was that i was bringing my 5 year old son with me sleeping in the same bed. When i got to the reception i was told that if i want my child with me i should pay an aditional 56 dollars a day! it was really disappointing.
The room was ok, clean and with a comfortable bed and quiet too. But there were some mold at the bathtube and the carpet have some stains.
The breakfast wasn't what i expect to, the dinning room is spacious but cold and look more like an work cafeteria. I didn't enjoy the breakfast, there were only some vegetables two or three kind of cheese, fish and eggs. I choose for the other days to have my breakfast at a restaurant not at the hotel.
So if you don't have another option you can stay at the Leonardo but don't expect for a real 4 stars hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I arrived at the hotel nearly two hours before official check-in time. Despite this, the receptionist was extremely pleasant and gave me my room. I was very impressed.
The general ambience of the hotel, both in the public areas and in my own room, was one of spaciousness. I did not use the pool, but I could see it when I opened my curtains and it looked clean and well presented.
The dining room was large and breakfast was nicely served.
I was very happy with this hotel. I normally stay in smaller hotels or boutique hotels. This is the first time that I have stayed in a Leonardo and I shall certainly consider doing so again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Roma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Do not go to the hotel Leonardo Be er Sheva! The price is not worth the quality of the reception. At the reception desk there is an external monitor instead of a guy who goes in and comes out playing all the time on his cell phone. At the reception there are young people friendly but totally inadequate who bring their breakfast plate on the desk while you parlano.Pessima clean both in the area of access to the rooms. In the elevator, I saw two cockroaches enormi.C 'was a lot of noise on the landings in front of the elevators until late at night without that security intervenes. Do not waste your money do not ruin your vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
FattalM, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel Negev, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all, I personally want to thank you for choosing to stay at the Leonardo Negev Hotel.
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write your important notes.
Our guests comments regarding the hotels efficiency is an important tool that enables us to continually improve and adjust our service to meet our guests’ needs.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused you during your staying in our hotel.
I was sorry to read about your lack satisfaction from our reception desk; from the cleaning of the elevator and from the noise that came from it.
Our motto is defiantly to "host with love".
We will be more than happy to see you among our guests in the near future.
Again, thank you very much.
Sincerely yours,
Udi Ashkenazi

Been to Leonardo Hotel Negev? Share your experiences!