“Stinky lobby” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Beersheba
Zippori, Israel
“Stinky lobby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Leonardo Hotel in Beer Sheva is the only hotel in the city I have been told. I was there for a conference and found that while generally, it was OK, there were irritants that made my stay uncomfortable.
1 The air freshener in the lobby
Air freshener is sprayed into the lobby and near the dining room at a level that made it impossible for me to be in those spaces. The stink was overpowering and I was forced to wait outside for the people who were coming to pick us up. Air freshener can be toxic and can trigger asthma attacks.

2 There was mold around the bathtub

3. There were two weddings taking place during my stay. On both nights the noise from the parties kept me awake until 1:30am. There is a law that noise must stop at 11pm. My request to move to the other side of the hotel was denied.
4. The pool was dirty
On the other hand the staff was friendly and helpful. The lifeguard agreed to stay later so that we could swim.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the street side of the hotel, not overlooking the wedding hall
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Negev, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all, we personally want to thank you for choosing to stay at the Leonardo Negev Hotel.
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write your important notes.
Our guests comments regarding the hotels efficiency is an important tool that enables us to continually improve and adjust our service to meet our guests’ needs.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused you during your staying in our hotel.
We were sorry to read about your lack satisfaction from our air freshener in the lobby; from the cleaning of the bathtub in your room &swimming pool and from the noise that came from the Hall.
Leonardo Negev Hotel underwent a series of renovations in the past and we intend to ensure the continued renovations in the future, in order to create satisfaction among our guests.
It was a real pleasure to read about your high satisfaction from the staff attitude. Our motto is defiantly to "host with love".
Inbar Asor-Sabaton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Tenerife, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

the hotel is classical, beautiful and quiet.i was there for 3 night in the middle of the week. the hotel staff seem very welcoming and service oriented, specially in the reaception!!
breakfasts were great and rich with alot of fresh cheeses and vegetables, i stayed on the business floor that looked great and well furnished. As part of the hotel amenuties for business peaple its include an open access to the business laungh. this place is amazing!! very elegant and pleasant. the purpose of my staying in Leonardo Negev were intent for Business, but there is no doubt it was great pleasure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FattalM, Public Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Negev, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write your important notes.
our guests comments regarding the hotels efficiency is an important tool that enables us to continually improve and adjust our service to meet our guests’ needs.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your staying in our hotel - specially our breakfasts and business launch.
It was a real pleasure to read about your high satisfaction from the staff attitude and from your pleasant experience at general. Our motto is defiantly to "host with love".

Massachusetts, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Leonardo Hotel for 4 nights this June, basically because it's the only Western-style hotel in the city. There were no real problems, but it just doesn't impress as a 4 star hotel. The lobby is large and empty, not very welcoming, although it seems to work well for Orthodox couples who seemed to be having first dates in the rear section. Our room was clean, decently furnished and perfectly functional, but nothing special. The cleanliness of the exterior floors (the halls, elevators, common spaces) was notably lacking, as there were items left on the floor of the elevator for days and food in the hall without being picked up. I suppose much of this can be chalked up to the fact that the hotel caters to religiously observant families who have major events there. The weekend we were there no less than 10 Bar Mitzvahs were announced in the lobby. That's a lot of work for the staff. The breakfast, however, was terrific: all the fresh Israeli vegetables, yogurts, cereals, herrings and sweets that anyone could want and an omelette station. Best suggestion: stay there during the week, because over Shabbat (when the Bar Mitzvah's happen), the place is mobbed and there is no where to sit at the pool.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the elevators where people can come and go throughout the night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FattalM, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel Negev, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we thank you for choosing to stay at the Leonardo Negev Hotel.
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write your notes.
Our guests comments regarding the hotels efficiency is an important tool that enables us to continually improve and adjust our service to meet our guests needs.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our clean and designed rooms and that you found our breakfast "terrific".
Leonardo Hotel Negev underwent a series of renovations in the past and we intend to ensure the continued renovations in the future, in order to create satisfaction among our guests. We must point out that within the dates of your staying at the Leonardo Negev hotel, we hosted many families of Saturday grooms. The Jewish tradition emphasizes joy, poetry and love. We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. .
Udi Ashkenazi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was perfect the receptionist hani was so kind, and her manager was so professional the public manager is so cute and helpfully the food is good and the service is perfect
I was 3 days from Monday till Wednesday and it was perfect

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Leonardo Negev Hotel located in the middle of Negev, Beer Sheba City.
With a great view to the city and to the desert I can feel the differences between Tel - Aviv, Berlin, London and New York.

This hotel is one of a kind, great design, nice room, delicious breakfast and wonderful service!
Thank you to Inbar the Guest Relation Manager for lovely service.
This is my second time in this hotel for business work and it was great.
The staff is so kind and warm and for me it was great.
Wonderful city and great people that live in this area makes me feel something special about the Negev.
I am expecting to be in this hotel and in this city once again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Herzlia, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at the Leonardo in Be'er Sheva this weekend for a large family event. The only positive thing I have to say about the hotel is its cleanliness and decor.

Besides that, even though our entire party was staying on the business floor, the service was terrible. To get them to pay attention to the fact that there were guests standing and waiting to check in, we practically had to yell. Additionally, we did not have working showers or toilets! The water ran boiling hot ONLY in the showers. The toilets did not flush. When we requested for someone to come up and fix the problems, they just never came up.

We ate all our meals in the hotel. Most of it was practically inedible. None of it was good. There was no breakfast and when we wanted a cup of instant coffee they made a big deal about getting it for us.

While they did seem to have recently redecorated most of the hotel, the ballroom in which our event was held was old and dirty looking. The curtaines were falling off the walls and the carpets were badly stained.

If you are staying for the weekend and hoping to use the pool, don't bother. It is too small for their number of guests. There was no space to move and trash everywhere.

I don't recommend staying there unless you are looking for a clean place to sleep and nothing more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FattalM, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel Negev, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all, we thank you for choosing to stay at the Leonardo Negev Hotel.
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write your notes.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our cleanliness and decor.
We were sorry to read your lack of satisfaction from the room that you stayed in (toilets and showers),
from our breakfast and from the staff attitude. Our Moto is to host with love.
Udi Ashkenazi
North Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the Leonardo on business and enjoyed a very pleasant stay while in Beersheba. The Leonardo is a big place and I gather it is a popular business hotel due to its size for the town. My booking was made on my behalf and it was my first time in Beersheba, so I didn't know what to expect. I arrived at the ungodly hour of 2.30am, and was greeted and served in a friendly and efficient manner, with my booking ready for my arrival.
I arrived on Shabbat so the hotel was very busy with large family groups. Aside from the communal areas of the hotel being very busy during the day, there was no disturbance from the large groups. I have to agree with Extasika's point about the cleaning staff - you certainly know they're there! Not that it was a problem as I was out early.
The bedrooms are spotless, and the only drawback to the communal areas is the dated decor, everything is clean and works. I didn't use the gym area so I couldn't comment on the services there. Wi-fi is available but costs extra.
The hotel bedrooms are smart and modern, with all the amenities you would expect. The dated public areas do not do justice to the bedroom decor. Breakfast was fine - not a massive array of food but everything you'd expect to see. I ate in the restaurant one evening, which was the eve of Yom Ha'Shoah, when all public places shut down. It was self-service, with a choice of hot and cold food, including vegetarian dishes.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, I don't speak Hebrew or Arabic and was aware of travelling off the tourist track, but I managed fine. If I find myself in Beersheba again, I'll be happy to stay at the Leonardo again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Leonardo Hotel Negev? Share your experiences!