“Great food, clean rooms, good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Leonardo Hotel Negev
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Henrietta Sold Street, Beersheba 84894, Israel   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beersheba
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great food, clean rooms, good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I run a tour company in Israel, so stay in hotels regularly. In the past three months I have stayed at the Leonardo Beersheva twice. Both times we had a room on a business floor. The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. And the best part was the food - really tasty and good. Breakfast features the usual, with also some more healthy selections, which I appreciate, plus fresh squeezed orange juice and an expresso bar. Whoever runs this place is doing a good job.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
FattalM, Public Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Negev, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Yoel,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Leonardo Negev Hotel.

I was very happy to read your review,

It warms my heart to know that we have achieved what we promised to give to our guests - The feeling of a home away from home.

After Passover we will renovate the lobby and reception area, please be sure to visit us and see the new look of the hotel!

Elinor Nagar,

Public Relations manager
Leonardo Negev Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is a nice hotel with appealing rooms. I was on the 11st floor (business flor) which allowed access to the business lounge with free drinks. Breakfastpretty good. Most notable is the very friendly and helpful staff at the reception desk. Can recommend the place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

in terms of hospitality and friendliness of the stuff.

It's genuine. Must have somthing to do with the mindset that people develop when living in the desert.

The hotel for me was like an oasis.
Coming back from my daily trips to the Negev and Dead Sea (ask at the reception for ideas) to a hotel with exquisite cuisine, a clean room with bath and first class AC had something surrealistic.
I left the curtain to my room open so the sunrise could wake me up. What a start for my day. Being in bed and seeing the sun come up over the desert's horizon.
People in Be'er Sheva were a pleasant surprise to me. After asking for directions on the street I ended up in the house of a new found friend for dinner.
For me Be'er Sheva is pretty much still the heart of Israel. No wonder Ben Gurion and his wife wanted to be buried in the Negev.

The hotel is a real good base to explore the region and I trust the manager to update some parts of the rooms that need refreshment.
Yes. It's the only hotel in town. But the stuff does not rest on the merits of that fact.
CU on my next trip to Israel

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I am really surprise after reading most of reviews in pro the Leonardo Hotel in Be’er Sheva and the comments from the hotel manager regarding” At the Hotel Leonardo Negev there are 3 business floors at which all rooms were refurnished and guests that wish to upgrade, can request a room at the business floor “.
I was doing some work at Be’er Sheva and I stayed at the business floor room 920 for almost a month at the hotel so I can tell what the hotel looks like. By the way, I am a frequent business traveler all over the world and evaluate a hotel based on: Room Cleanness, Services like Internet, business center, breakfast quality. I know what can you get for 140 USD a day in some other places.
So, for over 140 USD a day you get at the Leonardo:
An old weary room in all aspect at the business floor.
Bed sheets were changed after I noticed and complain about it and room was not well clean in a good way.
Internet cost about 300 NS a week and signal is very bad.
Room phone was not working, also the pair of neon bulbs as room lamp on the ceiling, TV control was fixed with electric tape.
Laundry takes two days for EXPRESS service and double charge.
After the first morning breakfast, I made the right choice of not eating at the hotel.
Fitness center you need to pay for it.
Business Center at 9th floor was never open during my stay (almost a month).
One day I parked the car at the basement and went upstart by the service area…better no comments.
But surprising it is the only hotel in Be’er Sheva, so you don’t have any other choice…I guess that is why the hotel charge you that price and have that kind of standard.

Room Tip: no choice, it is the only hotel in Be'er Sheva
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
FattalM, Public Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Negev, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Leonardo Negev Hotel, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
At the Leonardo Negev we see reviews as a way to learn and improve our guests experience.
As the hotel's guest relations manager I was sorry to read your review, especially since you have chosen not to inform us of your dissatisfaction with the hotel and let us try to make your stay better.
after checking your claims, I would like to point out on two things:
1. Your room was not a business room, but a superior room which is our standard room.
2. Since you didn't stay in a business room, you did not have access to the business lounge as free enter is only eligible when booking a business room
Please be sure that if you were to express any of the inconveniences shown on your review, all of our staff members and managers would have done whatever theypossibly can to make you feel more at home.
To answer your question, how come we got such good and warm reviews- we see our guest as family and we do our best to make them feel at home and make the distance from the real home less painful, especially on holiday when being away from your loved ones is more difficult.
With hope you will get to visit us again and experience our warm hospitality,
Elinor Nagar,
Guest relation manager,
The Leonardo Negev Hotel.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

This is it. There is no other choice in Be'er Sheva. Surprising since it's a fast growing city. It does the job. The staff are efficient and helpful. Free Internet in the downstairs bar. There is a gym, free parking, and a great breakfast buffet. Freshly squeezed OJ, omelettes on demand, and more. Centrally located.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Lovely, friendly staff from the front desk to the dining room to the room attendants, everyone was smiling and very helpful. The location is very handy to the bus / train station. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel was quite pleasant. I would stay here again, but rather than delve into a story, let me hop right to things:

THE GOOD:
-The food. While the presentation is a bit bland, the dinners taste excellent and are filling. The breakfast is one of the better breakfast selections I can remember from my travels

-The staff. Even though I know approximately 5 Hebrew words, the staff have been very kind and pleasant-- and most speak English well.

-The rooms. While not amazing, they are nice. The beds are comfy, the room and bathroom are clean, the A/C is cold. There are some minor issues (crooked items screwed to the walls-- such as pictures, some other flaws here and there, etc)

THE BAD:
-The gym costs 30 NIS to use? Okay, that’s not that much-- but what other hotel charges for their patrons to use the gym?!? Ridiculous.

-In room internet is not free. That being said, you can get free wireless in the lobby. This seems like a bit of a double standard, and quite frankly it’s annoying.

-The TV channels are lacking. The TV is a decent flat panel, but the content just isn’t there.

THE PECULIAR:
-Cats. Randomly sometimes a cat or two will just wander through the lobby... okay, that’s not too bad-- but while I was eating dinner (2 floors above the lobby) I noticed a cat quickly scurry into the kitchen. That’s not something I would normally tolerate if the food wasn’t so good...

-The business lounge. It exists, I’ve seen the door. That being said, even though I am in a “business room” (as they called it) and here on business, my card was denied access to the business lounge

-The eating area. It is a rather large room with tall ceilings, but if you get there when it isn’t busy, the room is dead quiet. There is no TV, no music gently in the background-- only the sounds of you (and the guy two tables over) chewing and cutting. The room is lacking some atmosphere.

SUMMARY
The food is good, the staff is nice. If they wouldn’t overlook the small things in the rooms (clean the carpet, straighten the décor, replace aged fixtures) and they’d get rid of the cats, I’d score this hotel higher. On top of that, they need to offer free wireless and remove their charges to use the gym.

As it is, I’d place it as a solid 3-star with plenty of potential for improvement. It’s pleasant, I’d stay here again, but it could be better.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beersheba
Kibbutz Mashabei Sade - Mashabim
Carmey Avdat
Carmey Avdat
#1 of 6 in Sde Boker
5.0 of 5 stars 26 reviews

Been to Leonardo Hotel Negev? Share your experiences!