“The only hotel in Beersheva” 3 of 5 stars

Leonardo Hotel Negev
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Henrietta Sold Street, Beersheba 84894, Israel   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Beersheba
Las Vegas
“The only hotel in Beersheva”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Let's get one thing out if the way. Hotels in Israel are generally overpriced! They need more hotels so that competition increases quality and brings down pricing. Having sad that, I found this hotel to be OK for what it is. Service from staff was not bad, they returned a couple of emails right away and were very corteous at check in. That was all my interaction with them.

My room was very clean but also very tired, they need a mayor refurbishment. This hotel has been at least through 3 different chains without a single new "anyhing" put in.

The air conditioning was amazing, I honestly was surprised by how cool it was, having just travelled through Europe where it is hit and miss with the ac half the time! Beersheva is VERY HOT so this was a great favorable surprise.

Breakfast was ok, not as lavished as other hotels in Israel but still very good.

All in all it was a positive experience and better than I expected.

Room Tip: Get a Junior suite, much larger than a room and nly 20.00 more
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I have just returned from an extended stay at this wonderful hotel.
We were treated so wonderfully by the whole staff that we highly recommend that if you are planning a trip to Israel , plan to stay in this hotel!

A.Mirsky
CANADA

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

As an international business traveler I typically evaluate a hotel based on the following criteria; cleanliness of the rooms, staff professionalism/customer service skills, and additional hotel amenities (i.e. dining facility, lounge, business center, pool area, and fitness center).
The cleanliness of the rooms was above average although the carpets in both of the rooms I stayed in were badly stained and retained a slight odor. I would suggest replacing the carpet with an elegant tile (especially on the business floors) as tile is more easily maintained and much more cost effective when you factor in carpet cleaning and carpet replacement over a long period. I would also suggest complementary wireless internet access in your business floor rooms. The maid service was exceptional, on a daily basis my bathroom was thoroughly cleaned, fresh clean towels were provided, the trash was emptied, and my bed was neatly made up.
The professionalism and customer service skills displayed by the hotel staff during my stay were very impressive. The front desk staff was always very courteous, respectful, helpful, and greeted me each time I entered and exited the hotel. The hotel security force was also very personable and willing to provide local information. By far the individual who most exemplifies the concept of customer service/satisfaction is Elinor Negal; the manner in which Mrs. Negal interfaces with each and every guest is truly amazing. Having a hotel professional with Mrs. Negal’s personality, intelligence, and most importantly her capacity to resolve guest related issues are characteristics not commonly displayed throughout the hotel industry. Clearly Mrs. Negal is a tremendous asset to your organization and is the main reason I have identified your hotel as the “hotel of choice” to my company for future employee visits to Beer Sheva.
Your hotel offers several additional amenities that travelers look for during business trips. I ate breakfast at the dining facility most mornings, the breakfast variety was adequate, the service was professional, but the cosmetic appeal of the restaurant is lacking. The business center was adequate providing all of the necessities, and the hotel lounge/bar area was an enjoyable place to relax outside of my room, having internet access in the bar area was very convenient. I enjoyed the pool area on several occasions but I feel the hours are not conducive to maximize hotel guest usage. The fitness center is a little small and was congested during most of my visits (5). I would have used the fitness center more frequently but the fitness center staff is rude and made me feel unwelcomed. I will never spend money in a place where I feel unwelcomed. The fitness center manager (don’t know his name as he never bothered to introduce himself) does absolutely nothing to encourage hotel guest participation; this is unfortunate as business travelers often times look forward to a workout in the morning, or at the end of a long day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Was not expecting too much from this hotel and I got what I was expecting. Good food with a moderate level of amenities. The leonardo is a solid hotel. It's a little tired now but I honestly could not fault the staff. Don't go here if you want luxury or exceptional attentiveness, however if you want somewhere that's nice to stay, this is it.

• Stayed May 2011
be'er sheba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I have been living in Be'er Sheva Israel for more than two years and have been dealing with the, now Leonardo, formerly Golden Tulip, off and on for the entire time. Part of my job includes coordinating living arrangements for employees visiting and living in Be'er Sheva. The entire time the hotel management and staff has always been accomodating to our needs and is eager to make special arrangemnts when necessary. After coordinating arrangements for dozens of visitors, they continue to provide excellent service and quality food. The lounge in the hotel also provides quality service at resonable prices from morning to midnight.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel because it was the only reasonable hotel within a 70 km radius. This hotel has a horrible organization, which caused a disturbance in my trip. I asked to reserve a room and never got a proper confirmation. Upon arrival, I still recieved a vague answer about room availability for the duration of my trip. I was told that a room will be found for me. On friday night, which is a weekend for israel, and everything is closed, I was "kicked out" of the hotel without notification. Since everything was closed, I could not get any transportation and the closest hotel was 70 km away. Thankfully, I have relatives in Israel and stayed the night there. On top of that, I have stayed at many hotels and this one could barely be called a four star. The rooms were not clean, and it was noisy on weekends because they arranged parties at the hotel. Although the breakfast, was always good. I definitely do not reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
FattalM, Manager at Leonardo Hotel Negev, responded to this review, April 3, 2011
Dear guest,

Please accept our sincerest apologies on behalf of the hotel staff and myself for not succeeding in creating a fulfilling experience during your stay.

Leonardo Negev Hotel is succeeding in bringing a wonderful experience to many guests. I regret we were not able to bring you such experience during your stay.

Following checking the matter you mentioned. The Hotel staff clarified that it was only possible to extend the stay till Friday and based on availability which unfortunately was none during the time of your request.

Sincerely

Ilana
Public Relations
Fattal Hotels
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

The hotel is located in the city center, close to main shopping center, bus station, and not so far from the old city (15 minutes walking).

The hall and the whole hotel looks old fashioned, and really needs refurbishement. People are nice at the front desk, however they are not really helpful except for basic request (map of the city, wifi code, ...).

Rooms are also old fashioned, but large, with comfortable beds. The fridge of the room was too noisy, I had to unplug it before sleeping.

The breakfast is in a massive room, impressive, with large windows, nice, food is good, drinks are not (chemical orange and lemon juices, bad coffee).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Leonardo Hotel Negev? Share your experiences!