“A big choice of blunt food” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 45 Restaurants in Beersheba
Cuisines: Brazilian
Beersheba, Israel
“A big choice of blunt food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Nothing is realy tasty. They serve you a large meat variety tablet with no corolation between eye & palate pleasure .

Dimona, Israel
“Kosher Brazilian tastes just as good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having eaten at Casa do Brasil in Eilat, and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, my wife and I were eager to try out their only kosher branch, which is in Beersheva. If you're coming from the north, turn right into Montefiore and you'll find ample free parking next to the restaurant. If you're coming from the south, you'll have to pass the restaurant on your left, and make a u-turn at the first light.

I had the 14-kinds-of-meat meal, which has a fixed all-you-can-eat price. The waiter first brings about a dozen small salads, piping hot bread, and a little cardboard sign saying "go" and "stop". As long as the sign has "go" facing up, the waiter keeps bringing food.

I was served various cuts and styles of beef, chicken, lamb, duck, chicken liver, sausages and ground meat, and chicken wings, including various steaks cooked as I wished.

My wife had lamb chops which were excellent, and, at the waiter's suggestion, tasted some of my portions as well. The one item which neither of us liked was the chicken liver, but given the vast amounts of food, that was truly a drop in the ocean.

The service was excellent. The waiter who took our order patiently explained the menu to us, and the server was receptive to seeing that my plate was kept full, and to offering me extras of anything I wanted.

My one objection was to the dessert menu, which is made up of wonderful-looking items made with vegetarian milk substitutes, including vegetarian ice-cream, due to kashruth restraints. I expressed my disappointment with the fact that not a single item could stand as a dessert on its own right, but was instead a vegetarian imitation of the real thing. My suggestions were of items such as apple pie, pecan pie, jello, meringue, fresh fruit - desserts that never require dairy. At the waiter's suggestion, I did try a chocolate souffle, but it tasted watery and uninteresting.

This is a kosher meat restaurant, and the meat and salads are excellent. Therefore, my advice is to fill up on what Casa do Brazil specializes in, and forget about the desserts in this kosher branch.

The restaurant can also hold special events in the normally-closed upstairs area. If you're interested, you can deal directly with the events manager at 050-3444772

You can see some photographs on their Hebrew-language website:

• Visited April 2013